Kevin Bartlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin Bartlett

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
There was no incident.

The incident I am referring to was the attempted outright media character assassination of a young man who happened to play AFL pretty well at the time yet didn't fit the perceived mold of what an AFL player should look like.

An "incident" like that can make or break a person, Dustin Martin as he has matured has chosen to embrace the values he holds dear, resilience, optimism, acceptance, and while learning from the past he has not allowed it to inhibit his future.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The incident I am referring to was the attempted outright media character assassination of a young man who happened to play AFL pretty well at the time yet didn't fit the perceived mold of what an AFL player should look like.

An "incident" like that can make or break a person, Dustin Martin as he has matured has chosen to embrace the values he holds dear, resilience, optimism, acceptance, and while learning from the past he has not allowed it to inhibit his future.
KB was simply responding to the complete BS written about the incident. These articles were presented as fact but only contained one side of the story. Peggy and Benny smelled a rat and actually asked the Vic Police to investigate which uncovered the truth. KBs mistake was believing the article written by an ambulance chaser

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
My cousin reported that KB had BO. (But this was 30+ years ago.) Her now-husband revealed that Wallace had a tanned arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It must be the off season if we are discussing this stuff.

KB was and is a legend of RFC. An awesome player and the best finals player I had ever seen. I never thought I would see his equal as a finals player but then came Dusty.

I am privileged to have seen both of them in the yellow and black at the pointy end of the season.

Don’t know about the rest but I remember hating the way Dusty was tried and sentenced by so many before any facts were known. He isn’t the first that has happened to and unfortunately he won’t be the last.

He was wrong about Martin and should have apologised - but many people on here were with him, I remember the debates well. As soon as the police said they'd seen the video and there was no case, that should have been the end of it. Some people can just never admit they were wrong.

When it comes to footy there are all sorts of personalities and opinions, both KB and Dusty are legends of the club and will always remain so in my eyes.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He was wrong about Martin and should have apologised - but many people on here were with him, I remember the debates well. As soon as the police said they'd seen the video and there was no case, that should have been the end of it. Some people can just never admit they were wrong.

When it comes to footy there are all sorts of personalities and opinions, both KB and Dusty are legends of the club and will always remain so in my eyes.
He should have apologised , 100% agree.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Here's the Chopstickgate thread. KB would be proud https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/re-dustin-bull-martin.51696/

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Had a look at the poll results. ..... looks like I can still cast a vote..... 325 people wanted him penalised in some way, shape or form.
We need @Tiger Ghost to edit the poll and add

○ Wait until we know the facts
○ Tell KB to get stuffed
○ Support Dustin to become a great of the game

David Kingyism territory... altering ones view after the event.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
That would be the case if he was just a journo but he is also a Richmond legend and with that should have come a higher standard of scrutiny.

It's like Malcolm Conn talking about matters in the Australian Cricket Team dressing room when he was working there. When you are awarded the great honour of being in there, you pay the respect it deserves by keeping your mouth shut about it. Being a member of that select group demands a higher standard.

This wasn't just giving an opinion on footy like whether Dustin is a good user of the ball or fit enough or whatever, this was a slur on his character, an assault on what he is as a man.

For a Richmond person to launch the biggest slur of all was unforgivable. Bartlett chose to float his own boat in the media at the expense of his brotherhood.

Not for the first time, nor the second, nor the third, he showed he is a great footballer but a poor character.
FYI - TBR your reaction on this issue is way over the top. Save your vitriol for those that really deserve it.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Who needs saving? I'm perfectly happy to stand with the best ever Richmond player hating the most overrated Richmond player's guts.
Oh dear :oops:

I think you should hand the moderator keys over champ. That's embarrassing

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
C'mon Kong, time to hop off the high horse old son. If PRE was around in Bartlett's day you would have called for him to be delisted for being soft every time we were three goals down.

And I'd say it's more embarrassing for you to be lecturing anyone about the tone of their posts.
Well done Campaigner - using your mod privileges to dredge up the past. What a great example u are to the rest

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
No need for any mod privileges, just a few posts from one page of a thread after a loss. Anyone could find the same in any game day thread when we lose, so I'm sure you'll understand that I'm not going to take any advice from you when it comes to posting content.
Your posts crapping on arguably our greatest ever player is some of the worst I’ve ever seen on here.

No true supporter would ever post what you’ve said.

You’ve clearly lost the plot and need to resign as a mod. Do it gracefully before you’re sacked is my advice.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

Can't decide if this is the most delicious irony or sad delusion I've ever read. I think it's both.

You pollute every game day thread with the most vile, personal criticism of players and coaches and generally ruin the forum experience so much that you are constantly reported by people who swear you are an opposition supporter on here for no other reason than to make trouble and you want to talk about true supporters? You are the most anti Richmond person I know. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm ending this now because it's boring for everyone else but seriously, read your own posts once in a while.

You’re the worst mod in the history of this site by the length of the flemington straight

• Haha

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Someone who you, like many others on this forum, likely have on ignore.
Hope TBR that you also pay no attention to the trash talk.
As a contrarian I would expect you to continue what you're doing and remain as a mod!

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Very proud to say I was on the side of waiting to see substantiated evidence to support any claim against Dusty. This is the rule of law and its not applied enough in the modern age

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Water off a duck's back.

Without that poster we would have 70% less mod work to do anyway!
Quite enjoyed reading the discussion between you two.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but FWIW my own opinion is when you said earlier in this thread that KB was overrated as a footballer you are wrong.

Don’t mix up the man with the player, KB was an awesome player for a very long time and to me on par with Dusty as a finals player.

Reactions: 10 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
KB is taking a bit of a hit here, but I can say that at a local football club golf day he was great, he stood all day at one hole (betting hole) was generous with his time and photo opportunities. He then entertained the crowd and then he donated all of his fee for the day back to the junior club (he didn't promote this, I heard it from their treasurer)
Awesome post
You wouldn’t find a more generous person than KB
Fact !
By the many posters on here can believe what they want
He didn’t charge a fee for a photo or signature, unlike those of today
Believe and argue all you want

Reactions: 3 users