Kevin Bartlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin Bartlett

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wrong thread TM.
This one is for wishing ill on club legend and record games holder KB
Nah, was just responding to Tigerport's comment about Dusty sometimes having a greedy moment.

As for K.B...................... Some may know him personally n have genuine reason to like or dislike him. As far as I'm concerned, it's got me completely stumped why people are so eager to deride a champion n legend of the game. Apart from media spruiking n hype what's been K.B.s biggest sin? Being stubbornly pissed off at a bunch of people that never had the guts or decency to inform him that he was being replaced, especially when the replacing of the coach was nothing more than them trying to hide their own skanky pile of incompetent *smile* under the carpet.
Every club throughout the history of the comp has a massive raft of players ranging from the saint like to out n out arse holes. Reckon that sometimes there needs to be a separation when discussing the personality n the talent.

Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I love KB. KB was Richmond when I was a kid. I was at KB reserve the day they named the sporting complex after him.
And his white commodore with KB403 plates will be never forgotten

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was a big fan of KB's offsider Billy Brown, kicked 3 snaggers in the 67 GF.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Your best isn’t good enough TBR.
Disgusting thread re KB.
Please close it down
He won’t because he wants to shitcan KB as much as possible. Says a lot more about him than anything else. Maybe his mate has promised him a signed jumper for his man cave?

Reactions: 2 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
There are, according to this thread, two Bartletts.

Kevin Bartlett the player and Kevin Bartlett not the player.

The former was and is a Tiger Immortal. As a kid I wanted to be him. He should have won the Brownlow. One of the greatest players to don the sacred yellow and black. Any commentator that actually saw him play knows this. Any other contrary opinion of him as a player is based on gibbered drivel. Dunning and Kruger want you in for further testing.

The latter I don’t know anything about. Don’t listen to radio, don’t live in Melbourne, don’t see Melbourne football media.
I saw the thread on chopsticks, read what he said, and many on here agreed with him. He was wrong and an idiot. Give yourselves an uppercut and move on.

TBR sounds like Phanto. Richo looked at me sideways once in an elevator therefore I don’t like him. Shane Warne shared a dart with me and half a can of his beans in India therefore I do like him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Good luck getting Warne to share darts or baked beans.

To be clear I've never met Bartlett, or had anything to do with him. My issue with him is simple. He ran his mouth on radio and made a significant character slur on someone I know and like. It upset him and his family. Bartlett was wrong and not only didn't make amends but then chose to pout and jab when he was rightfully shunned for the comments. You do something *smile* and you're a *smile* bloke. You don't make amends for it and you are a really *smile* bloke.

I don't care if he played for Richmond or not, if anything that makes it worse. I don't subscribe to this point of view that because he was a good player he should somehow be immune from being called out for being a *smile* bloke. There's an over-sensitivity to criticism of Richmond people that I just don't go along with.
Fair enough to have your opinion on Bartlett the person based on a personally verified event. Crap people that are unwillingly to put right a hurtful wrong are not worth a pinch of salt.

However, your opinion on Bartlett’s football ability and career is: wrong, incorrect, misguided, ridiculous, disingenuous, unintelligent, inevident, and downright stupid. Your posting alludes to someone that thinks. You are letting us down if this is actually a ruse and everything else you have ever posted is actually plagiarised from Boof Footy.

I bumped into Clinton Casey the other day. We rehashed old times and said to say hello.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

To be clear I've never met Bartlett, or had anything to do with him. My issue with him is simple. He ran his mouth on radio and made a significant character slur on someone I know and like. It upset him and his family. Bartlett was wrong and not only didn't make amends but then chose to pout and jab when he was rightfully shunned for the comments. You do something *smile* and you're a *smile* bloke. You don't make amends for it and you are a really *smile* bloke.

I don't care if he played for Richmond or not, if anything that makes it worse. I don't subscribe to this point of view that because he was a good player he should somehow be immune from being called out for being a *smile* bloke. There's an over-sensitivity to criticism of Richmond people that I just don't go along with.
It’s one thing to call someone a *smile* bloke (even though you’ve never met him)
It’s another thing altogether to wish ill on a Tiger immortal.
And you’re a mod on this site?
Disgraceful

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Dustin also refused to take part in a photo shoot with Bartlett in 2017 because of those comments. Given his pathetic need for self promotion and attention, I'm sure that would have created more ill-will from the self-centred flog.
Disgraceful post . Go and say it to his face ? And you are Moderator of this site . Seriously !!!

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Disgraceful post . Go and say it to his face ? And you are Moderator of this site . Seriously !!!
Its sad that sort of thing is posted on here and sadder he is allowed to stay a mod

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Not sure it is out of line to say that. KB said what would be akin to someone else calling KB a pedo and not retracting it.

Here here. Just because he was an amazing player, he doesn't get a pass for insulting, lying about and being too pigheaded to attone for a mistake against one of if not the greatest tigers of all time.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Have no issues whatsoever with what TBR says about that particular incident.
Bartlett used his media mouthpiece to denigrate someone's behaviour without knowing the facts which can have a real impact on a person's life.
He's accountable for being wrong & not apologising for it, Tiger legend or not. Words matter & so do people's reputations. He was flat out wrong but too stubborn to admit it.

Other than that I have no issue with KB & he remains a Richmond immortal for what he's done for our club.

Reactions: 10 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Its sad that sort of thing is posted on here and sadder he is allowed to stay a mod

Would you take the job if the TBR stood down? I wouldn't, I think he does a great job and pretty sure he doesn't get paid a cent.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Have no issues whatsoever with what TBR says about that particular incident.
Bartlett used his media mouthpiece to denigrate someone's behaviour without knowing the facts which can have a real impact on a person's life.
He's accountable for being wrong & not apologising for it, Tiger legend or not. Words matter & so do people's reputations. He was flat out wrong but too stubborn to admit it.

Other than that I have no issue with KB & he remains a Richmond immortal for what he's done for our club.
Well said Oldie. Agree on all counts. Lost a bit of respect on his walk away from the club, but what's done is done.

Enough sooking. Close thread.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Would you take the job if the TBR stood down? I wouldn't, I think he does a great job and pretty sure he doesn't get paid a cent.
No i wouldn’t cause I know the role doesn’t suit me nor would they likely have me, but, the role don’t suit TBR either.

U can’t punish posters for their behaviour without any ramifications for your own and expect people to respect your mod role

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I still say KB's carry on and posturing without evidence and the full story to hang the young man who has become the greatest Richmond Football Club player ever and helped carry the side to 3 flags off his own deeds was still really really poor and I never really listened to his show after that very much at all.

I was really disappointed in that effort from KB.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TBR's got an opinion n clearly stated his reasons for that opinion. Hasn't been out abusing n vilifying K.B. or ripping into other posters for their comments or opinions.
Don't have an issue with TBR being a mod, nor do I have an issue with him having an opinion whether I agree with his opinion or hate it. The reason for this site existing is for people to have thoughts and opinions on things regarding RFC n sharing and discussing them.
Place would be mindlessly boring if we all kissed arse on everyone else's opinions. Perhaps we'd be better off arguing the points of opinion instead of chucking a tanty n demanding the nasty man be sacked or evicted.
Pretty sure there's an ignore button somewhere for those that don't like to read or can't handle others opinions.