Kevin Bartlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin Bartlett

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I loved page 194 & 195 from ex-umpire Shaun Ryan who pretty much confirmed what most of us believed anyway. Tiny snippet:

"He was a star to umpire, not just because he didn't say too much but also because he was extremely trustworthy from an umpiring point of view in that you knew if he fell forward, then he had been pushed, because he never staged for free kicks. If he went to ground holding his head, you knew he had got one in the head. If he ever had a crack at you, then you knew the decision was wrong."

Yeah i loved that too.

Hows ackermanis's endorsement?

Yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut, hes the best big game player ever.

Arent the big games the best games? Making you the best ever?

Its not like hes clark keating in the H&A.

And KB, craps on about dangerfield FFS. He must have missed both careers, and then gone to siphon the prostate late in the last qtr of dustys 3rd premiership?

I dont get it. Hes the best ever, subjectively and objectively. Just say the *smile* words

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeah i loved that too.

Hows ackermanis's endorsement?

Yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut, hes the best big game player ever.

Arent the big games the best games? Making you the best ever?

Its not like hes clark keating in the H&A.

And KB, craps on about dangerfield FFS. He must have missed both careers, and then gone to siphon the prostate late in the last qtr of dustys 3rd premiership?

I dont get it. Hes the best ever, subjectively and objectively. Just say the *smile* words
KB can’t say that, because then he’d be admitting that someone is better than him, and he’d never do that.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Dustin also refused to take part in a photo shoot with Bartlett in 2017 because of those comments. Given his pathetic need for self promotion and attention, I'm sure that would have created more ill-will from the self-centred flog.
Harsh on Dustin, I thought you were his mate ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I don't recall the public apology. What Bartlett did to Dusty in the media was an absolute disgrace.

Kb was a once a lifetime rover - a champion with an almost peerless finals record (matthews and martin peers) - one of the greatest players in history.

But he was a *smile* coach, a pretty *smile* media man, and for a long time, a *smile* club statesman.

But i love him.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Kb was a once a lifetime rover - a champion with an almost peerless finals record (matthews and martin peers) - one of the greatest players in history.

But he was a *smile* coach, a pretty *smile* media man, and for a long time, a *smile* club statesman.

But i love him.
I can’t imagine ever hating Dusty once he finishes playing football.
No matter what he does thereafter.

Apply the same logic to KB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I don't recall the public apology. What Bartlett did to Dusty in the media was an absolute disgrace.

Caro did the same didn't she?

Though she's had quite a few takes on Dusty that have aged like milk. I remember she said that he wouldn't be marketable after he got neck tattoos...

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Has he even bothered to apologise?
No, and he won’t. Bartlett’s mindset is that he has never been wrong about anything, ever. He can’t apologise, because that means he was wrong. Pretty sure he still doesn’t believe Lance Armstrong ever cheated.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I can’t imagine ever hating Dusty once he finishes playing football.
No matter what he does thereafter.

Apply the same logic to KB.
The only real issue I've ever had with him was hanging Dusty out to dry publicly before the facts came out.
That was unforgivable.
He should have apologised personally to Dustin when it was shown his hanging stance was proven totally wrong.
However KB is as stubborn as they come. That's a weakness of personality.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Not sure if the Dusty thread at the time is still around, or archived off. But there were a few very vocal PREnders who were in lockstep with KB. It was ridiculous how our own turned on one of our stars with no evidence whatsoever.

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Not sure if the Dusty thread at the time is still around, or archived off. But there were a few very vocal PREnders who were in lockstep with KB. It was ridiculous how our own turned on one of our stars with no evidence whatsoever.
spot on.

I can hold my head high

Reactions: 6 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Love KB to bits . Legend
Love Dusty to bits . Legend
People need to move on
Save our Skins campaign KB was one of the “ drivers “ along with Crowey and Jack Dyer who saved our club , that then gave Dusty the opportunity many years later to play at . Terrific fella is KB .

Reactions: 2 users