Kevin Bartlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin Bartlett

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
TBR's got an opinion n clearly stated his reasons for that opinion. Hasn't been out abusing n vilifying K.B. or ripping into other posters for their comments or opinions.
Don't have an issue with TBR being a mod, nor do I have an issue with him having an opinion whether I agree with his opinion or hate it. The reason for this site existing is for people to have thoughts and opinions on things regarding RFC n sharing and discussing them.
Place would be mindlessly boring if we all kissed arse on everyone else's opinions. Perhaps we'd be better off arguing the points of opinion instead of chucking a tanty n demanding the nasty man be sacked or evicted.
Pretty sure there's an ignore button somewhere for those that don't like to read or can't handle others opinions.
For some perspective, I was once given an official warning on here from the moderators for posting a picture of a
“I hate you Butler” tshirt ( From on the buses ) when I heard Dan toured Carlton.
Let’s hope the same rules apply to the moderators as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
For some perspective, I was once given an official warning on here from the moderators for posting a picture of a “I hate you Butler” tshirt ( From on the buses ) when I heard Dan toured Carlton.
That's a bit rough, DA. Not everyone has your sense of humour. Might have needed a smiley inserted.

I remember chuckling at that post (gee, On The Buses is a throw back. Next you'll be quoting something out of Steptoe & Son). :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The trouble is, when you publicly make disparaging remarks of a person and it is recorded in the media, there is no way you can take it back properly so it sticks

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
KB has his foibles like all of us, I've met & chatted with him a few times & always found him to be personable & approachable.

I certainly disliked his take on Dusty & the "Chopstick" incident & felt he & many others including many on this site was way over the top, but it in no way diminishes the contribution he's made to our great club over many years.

An absolute Champion Player who I had the privilege to watch for many years.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
For some perspective, I was once given an official warning on here from the moderators for posting a picture of a
“I hate you Butler” tshirt ( From on the buses ) when I heard Dan toured Carlton.
Was there some other comment included to be worthy of drawing a warning?? Classic line from an old English comedy show, if it was applied to Geezer at the time of him looking at other clubs. I'd have chortled n deemed it totally appropriate.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Was there some other comment included to be worthy of drawing a warning?? Classic line from an old English comedy show, if it was applied to Geezer at the time of him looking at other clubs. I'd have chortled n deemed it totally appropriate.
It was explained to me very politely that some posters would find it offensive.
But seeing standards on here have slipped so low, here goes nothing.
Please don’t chortle now TM.
You’ll get us both expelled.

E95C9BD7-F359-433B-97F1-8A5EF9D31A12.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It was explained to me very politely that some posters would find it offensive.
But seeing standards on here have slipped so low, here goes nothing.
Please don’t chortle now TM.
You’ll get us both expelled.

View attachment 14375
Maybe coz Blakey resembles Hitler from that distance? :)) Doesn't bother me.

• Wow

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
TBR's got an opinion n clearly stated his reasons for that opinion. Hasn't been out abusing n vilifying K.B. or ripping into other posters for their comments or opinions.
Don't have an issue with TBR being a mod, nor do I have an issue with him having an opinion whether I agree with his opinion or hate it. The reason for this site existing is for people to have thoughts and opinions on things regarding RFC n sharing and discussing them.
Place would be mindlessly boring if we all kissed arse on everyone else's opinions. Perhaps we'd be better off arguing the points of opinion instead of chucking a tanty n demanding the nasty man be sacked or evicted.
Pretty sure there's an ignore button somewhere for those that don't like to read or can't handle others opinions.
Suggest u read his posts again- he clearly abused KB and then ripped into me because I called his behaviour out.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Suggest u read his posts again- he clearly abused KB and then ripped into me because I called his behaviour out.
:rotfl1 :ROFLMAO: :rotfl1 Just flipped back the first 6 pages n read both TBR's and your comments regarding K.B. Interesting conversation n regardless of whether someone's a K.B. fan or not he's out argued you left right n centre.
Yep he gave K.B. a fair old serve. Abuse ? Meh hardly. Perhaps if you didn't rip into others n go ape droppings in the game day thread you may nearly have cause for complaint that he " ripped " into you. Nothing more than a bit of boisterous online sparring between the two of you from what I read.

Reactions: 4 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
As I've said, there's no doubt I'm probably harder on his football because I don't like him. And before I had a real reason to dislike him I was indifferent towards him anyway for sooking for twenty years.

On the TBR scale, where Level 1 is the absolute cream, level 2 is the very best, level 3 is the best, level four is very good, level 5 average and so on, I have him as a level three. Heavy rider that I didn't see much of him play, but I never hear his name in amongst the best of the best discussions. That may be downright stupid to some but I'm content to stand by it.

I don't actually know Clinton Casey but I'd love to meet him and get onboard some investment opportunities.

What’s the slur you write about? Assume have said it on radio so tell all?

And yes your evaluation of KB as a footballer is beyond stupid and says more about you.

Clinton Casey is the ultimate snake and he used the club and it’s members for his own business ends. I know him personally and he is a shocking human. Ripped off so many people it’s not funny.

So maybe you need to reset yourself TBR

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
What’s the slur you write about? Assume have said it on radio so tell all?

And yes your evaluation of KB as a footballer is beyond stupid and says more about you.

Clinton Casey is the ultimate snake and he used the club and it’s members for his own business ends. I know him personally and he is a shocking human. Ripped off so many people it’s not funny.

So maybe you need to reset yourself TBR
His brother Mark Casey even more despicable.
And here’s the confusion I have.
If TBR knows Dusty even half as well as he professes, then he’d know how detrimental Mark Casey was in Dusty’s early years at Richmond and a key negative influencer that tried to drag him into his sordid social circle. I can’t say more than that but can tell you Casey was officially warned off by the club.
And TBR wants to meet his brother Clinton? Very odd considering TBR’s relationship with the Martin family.
I wouldn’t waste my spit on either brother

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
:rotfl1 :ROFLMAO: :rotfl1 Just flipped back the first 6 pages n read both TBR's and your comments regarding K.B. Interesting conversation n regardless of whether someone's a K.B. fan or not he's out argued you left right n centre.
Yep he gave K.B. a fair old serve. Abuse ? Meh hardly. Perhaps if you didn't rip into others n go ape droppings in the game day thread you may nearly have cause for complaint that he " ripped " into you. Nothing more than a bit of boisterous online sparring between the two of you from what I read.
Cool story bro.

Last edited:

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Nah, was just responding to Tigerport's comment about Dusty sometimes having a greedy moment.

As for K.B...................... Some may know him personally n have genuine reason to like or dislike him. As far as I'm concerned, it's got me completely stumped why people are so eager to deride a champion n legend of the game. Apart from media spruiking n hype what's been K.B.s biggest sin? Being stubbornly pissed off at a bunch of people that never had the guts or decency to inform him that he was being replaced, especially when the replacing of the coach was nothing more than them trying to hide their own skanky pile of incompetent *smile* under the carpet.
Every club throughout the history of the comp has a massive raft of players ranging from the saint like to out n out arse holes. Reckon that sometimes there needs to be a separation when discussing the personality n the talent.
KB's amazing football legacy is put to the rear when he makes public comments about Dusty; rule changes this year or tweeting about Djokovic in the last couple of days. I don't mind KB guest spots on TV but you start making regular comments about matters then you alienate people. Footballers can alienate people. I thought Rex Hunt was great on radio, and not bad on TV but he was not nice in his marriage. Many hate him. Bourke's pubs had rough bouncers and alienated some of my friends. My missus was appalled at GR for king hitting this drunk kid at his pub/night club. In my, old man opinion, flags are the main aim of a club so KB wins hands down. I think Royce, Bourke and Clay have 4.

Last edited:

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
There are, according to this thread, two Bartletts.

Kevin Bartlett the player and Kevin Bartlett not the player.

The former was and is a Tiger Immortal. As a kid I wanted to be him. He should have won the Brownlow. One of the greatest players to don the sacred yellow and black. Any commentator that actually saw him play knows this. Any other contrary opinion of him as a player is based on gibbered drivel. Dunning and Kruger want you in for further testing.

The latter I don’t know anything about. Don’t listen to radio, don’t live in Melbourne, don’t see Melbourne football media.
I saw the thread on chopsticks, read what he said, and many on here agreed with him. He was wrong and an idiot. Give yourselves an uppercut and move on.

TBR sounds like Phanto. Richo looked at me sideways once in an elevator therefore I don’t like him. Shane Warne shared a dart with me and half a can of his beans in India therefore I do like him.
Funny about who you wanted to be. I was a CHF in Under 11s & I loved Royce, had NO 4 on the back (Clinton Casey was ruck and quite a good one. Although he went to be a successful businessman. Not so great at Richmond) Had a quick look at a Qtr of the 67GF. KB was very good. (saw him forward handball) An even team effort to get the win. Patterson very good. KB winning a brownlow? Wasn't a midfielders medal back then.

Last edited:

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Just looking at the KB, the footbaler , and the Brownlow thing

this is my take on things

most brownlow winners and those that poll well have some WOW factor
and that WOW can come in many forms
for many years Richo was our best poller in the Brownlow and his WOW factor was contested marking
he took so many heavilly contested marks it set him apart also supporting that WOW he cut an imposing figure on the field

Lids and Joel Bowden also would poll well , their WOW was silky smooth moves thru traffic and beautiful stylish kicks to finish

KB did not cut an imposing figure , KB did not have a stylish kicking action
he just kept getting the ball , he worked both ways , he didn't appear to be fast like Matty White or Castagna but people had trouble catching him

opposition supporters hated him , some of it come from his milking of the holding the ball rule but alot was he was so effective but didn't cut a figure they could respect, a whispy little guy with a comb over flapping in the breeze , as he would slip out of yet another pack cries of "get the little bastard" or "get that little rat" would ring out ,
he just didn't get respect from the general public and obviously the umpires

during the height of the KB era we had Ian Stewart win a brownlow , his long kicks to Balme , Ricky McLean and others ... were sublime and his courage to drift infront of packs and takes marks was WOW and he fittingly won a 3rd brownlow

KB pumped plenty of ball into that forward line , but they were floaty kicks , effective but not stylish

where he might have polled some serious votes was 1980 , his finals series was one out of the box and if they were H&A games he'd probably got a string of best on grounds , but he did get a premiership medal :)

my memory of the 70's was the Richmond supporters loved Royce and loved KB and we had several champion sides during that period littered with seriously good players but those two were the standout for most supporters , and today it would be Dusty & Cotch

please dont let KB the radio personality or time change change the history books

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Funny about who you wanted to be. I was a CHF in Under 11s & I loved Royce, had NO 4 on the back (Clinton Casey was ruck and quite a good one. Although he went to be a successful businessman. Not so great at Richmond) Had a quick look at a Qtr of the 67GF. KB was very good. (saw him forward handball) An even team effort to get the win. Patterson very good. KB winning a brownlow? Wasn't a midfielders medal back then.
Bartlett was pretty much the odds on favourite for the '74 Brownlow, Tora. Won all but one of the media awards for the year with an average of 29+ disposals and 2+ goals per game for the season. Bourke and Hunt finished equal fifth. Bartlett 3rd. Keith Greig won his second in a row but was pretty much only the umpires who thought he was the winner.

• Love