Kevin, Tommy & Rex please come back! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin, Tommy & Rex please come back!

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
There is no way of getting this message across to Kevin Bartlett , Tom Hafey & Rex Hunt but I hope somehow someone at the club reads this and does everything possible to let them know.

We desperately need an injection of Tom. Kevin & Rex at the club.

Inspiration, passion, honesty are things that are missing at our great club. I know that Rex & Kevin don't see eye to eye at the moment but the time has come for everyone to put the past in the past and work together to resurrect the Richmond Football Club.
The club, that gave these 3 great men a chance in football and have all gone on to be enormous people in their own right, deserves some of their collective recipe's for success once again.

They need to be around the club to bring back the arrogance, the never say die attitude and hard work ethics that we need to be back at the top.

Our greatest era was when these 3 among others were at the club, and barring Kevin Sheedy , they can give something back to a club that gave so much to them.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
I would love to see KB back at the club, but if after Captain Bloods passing he still refuses to come back then stuff him.

KB is a legend down at the club and always will be. The club has bent over backwards to try and get him back over the past 5 years, each time to no avail.

Hopefully with Captain Bloods passing, he will realise that this great club needs him right now to help it back to its glory days. I agree his presence down at the club would make a big difference at this very time.

If however he still wants to sulk and refuses to come back to our great club, then we need to move on. The club after all is bigger than the individual and by continuing to take his stance, KB is only hurting the Richmond Football Club. It has now been over 10 years since he was sacked and we can't keep getting down on our hands and knees every year begging for forgiveness and his return. It has been put in his court often enough and if he elects not to return the ball, then lets move on and get this club back on track without his involvement.

I disagree Young Tiger.

History is one thing the Richmond Football Club has ALWAYS embrased. Nothing has shown us that more than the recent passing of the great Jack Dyer. And if KB doesn't want to come back to the club, that's his choice. But we must keep the door open, and continue to try to keep this history of this great club alive. If he continues to refuse, as he has been, then that's incredibly disappointing for the entire club, but there's no more we can do. But we must keep the door open for him. After all, he is, and always will be a Tiger great.

I don't like seeing members of this club coming and going. We pride ourselves on our passion, and on sticking together, and the whole KB saga goes directly against this grain.

We DO have to move on, but let's take the time to look back at where we've been and where we've come from.

TS.