Kicking Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kicking Coach

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Who is our kicking coach, he should get the hell away from the club. The kicking today was shocking. Many say that it was the wind, but how can u miss from 20m out right in front (Cameron)? Richo's kicking was appauling, he almost missed the lot in that 3rd qrt when lining up for a set shot. Why don't we hire Lloyd's kicking coach maybe that way we can get a good win.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I was going ot start a thread on the exact same point, we need a skills coach who can actualyl get them using their skills proficiently. Youd think they all eave the ability to kick to targets having got this far in the first pleace in their careers. Weak as *smile*.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
We've had a coach for 4 years. He's in charge of the players and improving their skill levels. He's in charge of the coaching panel including the skills coach and there has been absolutely no improvement of the skill level of the Tigers. We have played in more shocking games than any other club in the past 4 years. It reflects, as do so many problems at RFC on the head coach.

P

PuntRoadRoar

RFC not KFC said:
I was hoping this was where I could sign up to kick the coach

LOL now thats exactly what i was thinking... i wouldnt mind kicking the coach to the curb... he is a hack

anyone watch after the game and richmond's banner this week was Spud ryhmes with Dud. !!!!! LOL what most of us had been saying all year, maybe after the game keep an eye on PRE aswell.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Exactly Vads ! Who IS responsible for kicking down there ??

Watching Richo and Hall take these massive run ups is laughable. Don't they know that the best kickers virtually amble into the kick so they can keep their balance ?

Richo and Hall have the ball moving all over the place with their arms because it is impossible to run that lenghth and at that speed holding onto the ball with 2 hands and NOT move your arms all over the place.

Consequently the ball has more chance of being dropped onto the offline than if they take a more stable approach.

Who is skills coach ? Is it part of Crocker's role ?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Hartbalme said:
I thought Michael Roach was down there helping with the goalkicking.

Michael Roach has not been at the CLub for a number of seasons. Last year ourgoal kicking instructor was Peter Hudson who arrive with son Paul.

Undee the current structure we do not have a skills coached for kicking.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Don't laugh, but I reckon when Doug Hawkins was Richmonds skill coach, we improved our skills and were hitting the target. Once he left, one skills went backwards.

Richmonds footskills must be close to the worst in the comp

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
I tried really hard not to laugh, nwonash, but it didn't work. Right or wrong, I've cracked a smile for the first time all day :)

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
I think guys like Richo need to get out and practice kicking from 30 metres out 100 times a day EACH DAY.
No use doing it at training -you need to do it every day to get consistency.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I think Richo's current goal-kicking routine is all wrong. The problem is mostly in his mind, so why make him take such a long slow ponderous approach, giving him so much time to think his way out of it? Is it supposed to replicate a running goal? If so, that ain't working either.
Why not just revert to a short run-up, no think music, just get back quickly and take the shot. He couldn't do any worse.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Richo should just go back about 10 metres, run out to the right allowing for his natural hook foot and kick the bloody thing.

He's 28 years old for gods sake, surely he doesnt need to measure it out and count his steps, just kick the thing Richo.

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
It really irks me when opposition supporters make fun of Richo's and Razza's long run-ups . It irks me even more when I know they have good reasons to ridicule these actions.
Would Stuart Lowe have anything to do with this change in the style of kicking ?