Konrad Marshal..A SEASON WITH RICHMOND-book launch INVITE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Konrad Marshal..A SEASON WITH RICHMOND-book launch INVITE

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
KONRAD MARSHALL...A YEAR AT RICHOND,YELLOW AND BLACK..book launch invite

join us at GREVILLE RECORDS ,greville st Prahran..Friday 10th November at 7 pm..for this special evening,konrad will be talking about his book,answering all your questions and doing a interview with abc journo,and author and tiger fanatic GEORGE MEGLOGENIS,couple of slabs of CUB Richmond premiership beer will be on hand to,,the incredible book will be available and individually signed

all invited CANT ATTEND BUT STILL WANT A PERSONALLY SIGNED TO YOU COPY..NO PROBLEM..03 9510 3012...can mail it out.....go tigers...back to back premiers

Yellow & Black: A season with Richmond By Konrad Marshall
At the start of the 2016 AFL season, Konrad Marshall, a senior journalist with Fairfax Media, began an assignment that would end up covering the emotional journey on which the Richmond Football Club would plummet to the depths and, against all likelihood, soar to great heights. Marshall was given unprecedented access by the Tigers, allowing him to describe the inner workings of a professional sporting club, no matter what the outcome. Who could imagine that this journey would start with losses mounting on losses, calls for the sacking of the coach and the Board, and a season in which the club would win just eight matches, culminating in a 113-point thrashing in the fi nal round? And who could imagine all that heartache would be put aside the following season, as the Tigers took all before them to win the 2017 Premiership? Richmond CEO Brendon Gale called season 2016 “an aberration”, and how right he was. Konrad Marshall’s narrative explains, in fi ne detail, how Richmond turned it around: how it all started with the changed approach of its coach, Damien Hardwick, and captain, Trent Cotchin. How the crucial input of new appointments at all levels of the club—from new heads in the football department to those whose role was to get inside the heads of the players—added to the steely resolve of the President, Peggy O’Neal and the CEO, Brendon Gale. As with all stories of success, there was no magic potion. Richmond in 2017 was a club united, a club that had created a new connection throughout, and a team that played with abandon while

THE AUTHOR Konrad Marshall has been a faithful follower of the Richmond Football Club his entire life, which was, until lately, a sad and fallow era for the club. In early 2016, he joined the Tigers with the intention of writing a book about daily life inside a big Victorian football club, exploring and explaining its rhythms and quirks. He could never have dreamed what would unfold over the pair of dramatic seasons that followed. A journalist for 15 years, Marshall has spent half his career writing for newspapers in the United States, and the latter part at home as a senior writer with Fairfax Media. He has won numerous awards for his sports journalism, his arts writing, and in-depth reporting. He currently writes longform features for Good Weekend magazine.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
ToraToraTora said:
Geez this guy is gonna make a motza out of this.

To do it in a premiership year - gonna be like winning tattslotto for him!

I ordered mine the day after the gf.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
yep..and so he should do well as from what ive read its going to be an awesome ,compleiing read

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Will be read by a much wider audience simply because the general thought was we were really crap and had no chance. The turn around will make it compulsory reading for many AFL fans.

Shame though, we were never that bad.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Baloo said:
Will be read by a much wider audience simply because the general thought was we were really crap and had no chance. The turn around will make it compulsory reading for many AFL fans.

...top 4 list Balooga. :)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Baloo said:

Why is it a shame?

Do you want a prologue congratulating you on your insight?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
MD Jazz said:
Why is it a shame?

Do you want a prologue congratulating you on your insight?

Shame for those looking for a rags to riches story obviously. No need for a prologue but an appendix listing all your previous PRE Login IDs might be enlightening.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
if ya wanna come along to the launch on fri 10 7pm..lemme know..konrads needs to know how many books to bring...should have some interesting tales to tell as well

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ask if he's (or the publisher) is willing to donate a couple of books to PRE arlo. Most people whose books are spruiked on here do so as a gesture of goodwill for the advertising.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
ToraToraTora said:
Geez this guy is gonna make a motza out of this.

Hope it does for his sake...but I have a gut feel that decent sales for a book is around 10000.. At $30 gross us $300,000. Of which the author might trouser half. So $150k forMarshall.. Ok for a years work on top of his journos salary but JK Rowling hasn't got any worries.
I will be a buyer...

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
22nd Man said:
Hope it does for his sake...but I have a gut feel that decent sales for a book is around 10000.. At $30 gross us $300,000. Of which the author might trouser half. So $150k forMarshall.. Ok for a years work on top of his journos salary but JK Rowling hasn't got any worries.
I will be a buyer...

Personally reckon he has gone to print to early - should have waited a couple more years and he could have expanded his story to the successful accent of the mountain multiple times. ;D

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
A Season with Richmond, Yellow and Black, by Konrad Marshall

I have just finished reading this book.

I can't do it justice by writing a review.

All I will say, it is a great, great read.

I can't recommend this book enough to any Richmond supporter.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Re: A Season with Richmond, Yellow and Black, by Konrad Marshall

My copy arrived this morning.

What’s an elite AFL time for a 3 k time trial?
Drummond Brandon & lambert were top in the first preseason time trial last year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yellow & Black By Konrad Marshall

This book will require it's own thread I reckon once people start reading, but it will require it's own spoiler alert!!! I have only finished chapter 1 and can see why it has rave reviews.

Won't divulge anything, just building on the hype and confirming you are in for an awesome read!

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Re: Yellow & Black By Konrad Marshall

Good idea re spoiler alert lol.

Up to Chapter 5 - awesome indeed!