Konrad Marshal..A SEASON WITH RICHMOND-book launch INVITE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Konrad Marshal..A SEASON WITH RICHMOND-book launch INVITE

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Re: Konrad Marshall's Yellow and Black book

I ordered mine over five weeks ago and I'm still waiting.
I live in Denmark, but that fact should only add a week to it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Bennnny said:
Wonderful read. Answered most of my questions.
The turn around by the club is wonderfully documented and it gives an insight into the sheer amount of work required by footballers and staff to make it all happen.

The obvious reason RFC won was because the whole side embraced mindfulness and the care and understanding of each other. No other club has so fully embraced the psychological aspect, which is the fastest way to improve. One of the most telling quotes was that of a player from another club saying that their club wouldn't be as open and honest as Richmond is with each other.
Strangely enough, validated in a way by Twavis Cloke in an article in today's Hun. He was saying now that he's retried he's had some calls n conversations of support with former team mates checking up on his well being etc. reckons it's not something that was occurring while he was playing beyond perhaps the occasional text of the usual crap young blokes go on about. Never any meaningful sharing or support between team mates who'd spent years together

Surprisingly he was foolish enough to go hunting around on social media searching for a bit of validation when he was struggling at times, n thought he was going to find it.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009

Looking forward to reading this. Picked it up today.

duddelist

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2011

If we wanted to keep him we would but we didn't good luck at that sess pool of a so called club

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Giardiasis said:
Finding it a bit boring personally

:theyareontome

You ARE joking aren't you, Giardiasis.
I found it to be a ripper of a read. Filled in many of the blanks and gave some great background and insight into the Club and how it went about turning things and the culture around.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

duddelist said:
If we wanted to keep him we would but we didn't good luck at that sess pool of a so called club

I'm guessing this was supposed to go to one of the Dan Richardson threads?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
tigersnake said:
This is awesome, half way through. Feel like you're there at times
Yep, read it over the break. Couldn’t put it down. Would’ve read it if it were 10,000 pages long!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Giardiasis said:
Finding it a bit boring personally

:theyareontome

It's 100 pages too long. But the revelation to me is the myriad of people non playing who are involved in a modern football club.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
EJC said:
Unfortunately, the publishing model doesn't work like this. You are right on the quantity, though; if a locally-published book shifts 10,000 units it is considered a solid seller. But publishers and distributors work in wholesale terms - they receive 90 per cent of wholesale revenue - and authors receive 10 per cent of wholesale sales if the book recovers its costs. If you see a book retailing for $30, generally speaking the outlet has paid $15 for it and, furthermore, they can return any unsold units. If you do the maths, once costs have been recovered, an author can expect $1.50 in royalties for a book retailing for $30.

Thanks for the insider expertise. Sounds like it's a labour of love. And his day job puts food on the table. But we are very glad he did it THISYear

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane

22nd Man said:
It's 100 pages too long. But the revelation to me is the myriad of people non playing who are involved in a modern football club.
Yeah it did get better. I enjoyed the book overall.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

year of the tiger said:
I thought it was a great read and a really good way to reflect on a successful season.

Finished it last week, really enjoyed the insights.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

22nd Man said:

IMO its too short, its very insightful but doesn't cover enough actual matches and some insights like the triple H sessions are not given enough space IMO.