krakouer is he up to it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

krakouer is he up to it

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
A krakouer debut 2001 games 31
i know there are a few people at p.r.e who rate him pretty highly, but for the life of me, i can't see why. He's too skinny, and easily knocked off the ball, he hasn't bulked up much since he's joined the club. He seems to me to be too slow & always second to the ball. when playing as a forward, which in fairness is most of the time he doesn't seem to lead too much, and doesn't seem to get in the right position. i.e front & square, or under richo's feet, waiting for spillage. He just doesn't get ENOUGH of the footy. he is one youngster at the club, who frawley seems to give a reasonable go to he's played eleven games this year, rounds 5-15 and missed the first four through injury. His stats aren't too flattering, they clearly show that he doesn't get the ball anywhere near often ENOUGH

2001;
3 games

2002;
13 games, averaging 2.7 kicks, 1 handball, 0.9 marks, 0.7 goals, & 1 tackle, best effort; seven posetions, twice

2003;
11 games, averaging 5.1 kicks, 2.9 handballs, 1.7 marks, 1.2 goals, & 2.1 tackles; Best effort; round 7, 12 posesions 2 marks, 6 tackles, & 5 goals and 2 behinds

take this game out of the equation, it makes a pretty ordinary year look downright ugly. The question to be asked is he up to it?, and are we getting enough out of him? My answer is i don't think so, on both counts

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
I think he is worth perservering with. He isn't prolific but is effective. I would give him more ground time. His overhead marking is a dificiency and he needs to develop body strength.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
He's rated on potential rather than achievements. He has silky skills, and looks like he may be a 50 per year small forward, or goal kicking midfielder.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Claw, what you have to remember is that Krak was grabbed probably a year earlier than he woud normally have been as a project player.

He is still very young and developing physically and mentally and has probably exceeded mot expection at the moment.

While his stats in isolation don't look great they have to be considered along with the game time that he has actually had and the position he has played in. You don't find many crumbing forwards with big stats anywhere.

When he has been given a run in the midfield he has done okay and looked quite good in the allstars team in elite company.

It was mentioned on 3AW by the commentary team that he needs more game time otherwise we are in fear of him going through 2003 and not gaining much due to limited game time. I guess this gets back to the development issue that seems to raise it's head occasionally.

I am yet to see too many aboriginal players who are big bodied type player, apart from maybe Byron PICKET, but like most Krak has that special something. He is probably not super quick by foot, but I would say deceptively quick.

There was an example of where he crashed the pack yesterday and caused a spillage to Richo who goaled. As big Rexy said there will be no stats that show the work Krakeour did, but it was his efforts that resulted in the goal.

Also the Essendon game where he dived under a pack got the ball our with a handball that again resulted in a goal.

He is very good at the 1% like chasing and tackling and probably is one of our most defensive forwards at the moment and some others could take a look at that part of his game.

So yes i think he is definitely one of those players we should persist with. I think you only have to look at our forward structure to realise that it is not just Krak who has struggled a little in the stats department.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
The kids only 20 and learning buthe doesnt quite have the acceleration of other forward pockets.

Sampi from WCE is way ahead of him as of now. Quicker, and better hands/positioning

Kafer

go tiges!
Jun 15, 2003
East Bentleigh
Look to see Krak improve dramtically ovet the next two seasons with more minutes on the field, more strength as he fills out and increased support outside football

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
tigerland said:
The kids only 20 and learning buthe doesnt quite have the acceleration of other forward pockets.

Sampi from WCE is way ahead of him as of now. Quicker, and better hands/positioning

Sampi is way ahead of him because he has been given decent game time in a forward line that has structure not just a "bomb it long" mentality.

Krak may lack acceleration but he makes up for that with is ability to be in the right place at the right time. I am still not convinced he lacks pace though.

Brodders was a classic example of a player who lacked pace but made up for it with football smarts. these things you can never teach.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The verdict is still out on Krakour. However in saying this he is being held back by the negative tactics of Krusty the Clown.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Thanks gus. Danny potatohead is ready to be pealed, sliced up, fried and served at a Maccas drive thru. ;D

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
I can't believe the s..t i'm hearing.
This is one of many reasons why Richmond are a crap team.
We need more Krakouer's in our team
This is so typical of Richmond and the mentality of our supporters. His is magical. Given the right coach and and the natural physical and mental development that he is going to produce, he will be a magic player.

He doesn't fit in with Richmond in that he is too skillful and has the football brain that most of our players don't have.

I'm sick of our supporters. Krakouer at the age of 20, has done more magic, creativity and skill than most of our brainless, red-neck s..t kickers ever do. But lets keep playing the genius players in Rogers, Pettifer, Biddiscombe, etc...

It's not 70's football anymore where u just kick it long to contests. You need skillful, footy smart footballers. It is the likes of Krakouer that we need more of.

For the life of me, what a f---k up recruiting Kane Johnson, giving up the chance to get Wells and also giving up Torney. What a joke. Just a quick-fix solution that Richmond is always looking for.

The more aborignes and ethnics in the team, the better. Players with flare, skill, speed and creativity. But nah, lets keep recruiting 'strong-bodied' guns like Rogers, Pettifer, Biddiscombe, etc...

Richmond are a joke.

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Krakouer has more magic and ability in one of his fingers that most of our players have in their whole body.

Wake up fools. Is Krakouer up to it? Is that some kind of joke? I'm not surprised at this ridiculous question though. It is the typical Richmond mentality. This is why we are such a successful, champion team. LOL.

:'(

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Krak kas tons of ability but appears to be a victim of a poorly organised/coached forward line.

From ths stands it appears that everybody in the forward line is instructed to make a lead, even Krak and Rodan instead of hanging around Richo's feet.

Richo makes a contest 9 times out of 10 but will almost always have no support on the ground.

Now I blame this on the coaching staff and their inability to structure the forward line into a cohesive working unit.

Under a different coach who actually knows how to use a forward line effectively, Krak will develop into the player we hope he can be.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Krak - Lets not jump the gun

The Krak is one of those players that on his day will turn the opposition inside out. Apart from not getting much match time, he is potentially the only player we have, maybe Rodan that can crumb properly and uses his explosive pace. He is needed as if you notice Richo is doube teamed all the time. Frawley needs to tall Krak to follow Richo and feed off him.

Remember people, he is still maturing, bulk him up a bit and let him develop.

Now is the time to start trying a few moves.....i.e

Biddiscome - has been given the nick name of Bomber cause all he does is bomb it long, never hits a target. Coburg.......

Bowden - It hurts me to say, but Joel is a receiver and always will be, sure he is a skillful player, but everyone has woken up to the fact he has no right side and hence out playing him every week. The fact that he never chases also upsets me.

Petifer - Should never wear the number 8 again, he has been given years to mature, came to Richmond like Anthony Banik with a lot of promise and doesn't deliver.

Zantuck - Chesty as he should be called as all he does is poke his chest out to appear bigger than he is, chuck him forward and see what he can do.

As for mentioning people like Hyde and Mills and the others playing for Coburg, well there is a reason they are playing there.

I look forward to discussing further........

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Mikee idont rate players on what colour they are or where they come from Only on how well they have performed and most of krakouers perfomances have been pretty *smile* weak. I tend to judge footballers on how often they can get the footy for them selves and what they do with it and what they do when they havnt got it Iwill admit he has good skills and is good defensivly but what bloody good is he if he cant get the footy often enough We have about ten regulars just like him relying on others to get the ball to them thats why well finish bottom 4 this year

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Claw I agree...he can't find the footy......but thats because he's sitting on the bench half the time.

Krak is definitely one I can live with as I think he will be a very good player for us in the future not only as a goalsneak, but a classic rover.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
gus i hope your right i just want a decent contribution from every one who pulls the jumper on ;D