Krakour injured! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Krakour injured!

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Just back from the intra club and sorry to report that Andy Krakour appears to have done his knee.

The anguish on Frawleys face, told the story.

He was on fire, but Sipthorp fell across his Knee.

A

admin

The report on the rfc site says he has a corked thigh and will be available to play against Melbourne next week.

A

admin

Krakouer suffers injury
Samantha Lane
afl.com.au
4:03:47 PM Fri 14 February, 2003

Richmond has suffered a setback in the last two minutes of its first full intra-club match this year, with young forward Andrew Krakouer injuring a thigh.

Krakouer had been prominent in the 20-minute quarters at the Whitten Oval on Friday, but was carried from the field after a front-on collision in his forward line.

The developing 20 year-old initially looked to have injured his right ankle, but club officials later said he had corked his thigh and would be available for the Tigers' Wizard Cup match against Melbourne next Friday, 21 February.

Former Adelaide midfielder Kane Johnson was impressive, kicking three goals in the first three quarters and collecting numerous possessions.

"Kane looks like he's going to slot into our midfield quite comfortably," coach Danny Frawley said after the match.

"He got some quality touches. I thought he and (Mark) Coughlan worked into the game a little bit after quarter time."
We've probably had a bit of a struggle kicking goals from the midfield. It's something we've concentrated on in the pre-season, trying to share the load through the midfield a little bit."

"If we can get our midfield all chipping in with one or two (goals) it will be great."

Frawley utilised the ultimate ruck-forward combination for the "blacks", rotating Brad Ottens and Greg Stafford in the ruck and using Matthew Richardson, David Rodan and Krakouer on the forward line.

A fit looking Rodan was another standout, looking sharp with his hands and moving in and out of packs with his usual zip.

"They contested the ball unconditionally I thought, which was good. You're not going to go too hard at the man because they're your teammates, but I think they went really hard at the ball which was a bonus," Frawley said.

"I thought it was pretty scrappy early, which is probably a good sign. It just means they're having a crack at the ball and there were a lot of stoppages. It wasn't too free-flowing, but their style wasn't too bad, there are just a few areas we need to work on."

Darren Gaspar, Wayne Campbell, Justin Blumfield, Marc Dragicevic, Ray Hall and Ben Holland were the notable absentees. Campbell has been on a modified program during the off-season but will increase to full training this week, while Blumfield is recovering from osteitis pubis.
"We're probably two weeks away from probably having everyone available other than Ben Holland I would have thought," Frawley said.

Holland damaged his knee in round four last season, and has not played since.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Hope its not a Kevin Sheedy Corked thigh cause that would mean its a knee for sure :(
I was at the game myself but left at three quarter time out of force of habit hehe ;D no I just wanted to avoid some of the traffic, as it turns out if that was my aim I should have left at the 2o minute matk of the first quarter. Its a long way from Footscray to Ferntreegully when ya refuse to pay for driving on a road! ::)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I had to work so I couldn't make it. Was he taken off on a stretcher or just carried off by one or two trainers?

Did anyone find out what's wrong with Razor?

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Krak must have the droopiest thighs going - he was holding his leg just under his knee when he left the ground according to the vision i saw on the news.

froars

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Dragga wasn't carried off by a stretcher - that was a knee.

Whether is a knee or a thigh - he was holding his knee.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Dragga wasn't carried off by a stretcher - that was a knee.

Whether is a knee or a thigh - he was holding his knee.
i doubt very much they would have risked further injury if it was his knee by not using the stretcher.besides why would the club say otherwise?
if its his knee then its his knee.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Hopefully Kracker will spend some of leisure time while he is recovering in some of the magnificent golden arches restaurants we have in this city.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I hope there right, but it looked like a knee from where I was siiting. I saw one of Frawley's assistants point to his knee indicating that it was knee type of injury.

froars

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Thank you crackertiger i thought i was going nuts there.

But who knows with men - they can be stimulated in one area of their body and has an effect in some other place - go figure lol