Kym Monteath | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kym Monteath

R

rampagingtiger

Can people give us some information on him. He's supposedly going to be a good player. Will be available under the f/s next year or year after. Does anyone have any thoughts on his abilities...or has anyone heard more about him?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I don't know anything about Kym except he's still playing under 16's, so a lot could change by the time he can play in 2006 or 2007.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Hope we don't pick him on his fathers ability. Was a very ordinary player in a very good team.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Big raps on this kid from the West. he is only 16 though and from a few articles i have read on him he will probably nominate in next years draft.

A recent article I read on him was that he wants to follow in his dad's footsteps and doesnt want to be picked up by any team from the west.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
tassiedave said:
Hope we don't pick him on his fathers ability. Was a very ordinary player in a very good team.

I don't remember too much about Bruce Monteath, but he must of been a good footballer as he was our Captain in our last Premiership team.

ComedyCapers

I'm a llama!
Aug 13, 2003
Canberra
We should be getting more pragmatic about our team and not keep 'Livin' in the 70's'.
RFC club is as much rooted by tradition as rooted in it. The past is past the fans must move on and realise what happened 30 years ago is not relevant. The obsession with father/son picks is one example with Caroline Wilson the chief culprit.
If they are guns take them but we don't want/need any more Bourkes, Bowdens, Clokes, Raines etc. just to keep the memories of the past.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Yes Comedy Capers i agree but this Monteath apparently can really play adn he does want to play for us which does upset Perth fans. IF the yare decent and comparable to someone else i would rather the one with the Richmond connection. It means a lot more./

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
If these F/S players would be expected to go in the first 3 rounds anyway, then by all means, we should grab them! If they are going to be possible 1st or 2nd round picks, then we should definitely grab them!

From what I've read of Monteath, at this stage he would be looking at a 1st round pick.

demon3167

Tiger Cub
Aug 16, 2003
tassiedave said:

His father was a very good footballer in his day, the problem with father/son draft, people expect a lot from them.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
demon3167 said:
tassiedave said:

His father was a very good footballer in his day, the problem with father/son draft, people expect a lot from them.

How true.

I just reckon pick up the best people in the draft. If that means picking up under the father / son rule, so be it.