Last Man Standing Competitition Round 18 winner: gold1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Last Man Standing Competitition Round 18 winner: gold1

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Each round simply pick one team that you think is a certainty to win. If your chosen team wins, you remain in the competition and get to pick another team in the next round. If your pick loses or draws and any other competitor picks a winner you are eliminated.

You win the competition when your pick is the only winning selection made for that round.

All game results in a given round, not just the game you select, affect the competition outcome for you in that round. So your selection has to be made before the first game of the round.

To preserve mathematical fairness no late tips will be accepted after the round has started and you are eliminated if your pick is not made on time. (The only exception to this rule is that you may defer tipping if you are ineligible to make a selection in the first game(s) of that round.)

If no selected pick wins, all competitors who made a pick progress to the next round.

To discourage systematic picking, you cannot pick the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So for example if you pick Richmond to win in round 1, you cannot pick Richmond in rounds 2 or 3.

Also, you cannot pick against the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So if you pick Richmond to beat Carlton in round 1 you cannot pick the team that plays Carlton in rounds 2 or 3.

In the event that the remaining competitors all pick the same team in two successive rounds, the competition will be completed and all remaining competitors declared joint winners.

ROUND 1
Wednesday, March 16 7.10pm

Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (MCG) (N)

Thursday, March 17
Carlton vs. Richmond (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 18
St Kilda vs. Collingwood (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, March 19
Geelong Cats vs. Essendon (MCG)
GWS GIANTS vs. Sydney Swans (AS) (T)
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide (G) (N)

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide Crows vs. Fremantle (AO)
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS (OS) (T)

The competition will be closed to any new competitors from 7.10pm on Wednesday March 16.

Reactions: 6 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Good Stuff Mate running The Last Man Standing Comp Again in 2022

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Thanks for running this again @YinnarTiger !

I enjoy it even if I don't last long. Oops better not say that too loud or Mrs Quickdraw might think I was talking about another subject ;)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great comp, looks so much easier than it is. Looking at Round 1 it doesn't look easy at all.

Thanks
DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Each round simply pick one team that you think is a certainty to win. If your chosen team wins, you remain in the competition and get to pick another team in the next round. If your pick loses or draws and any other competitor picks a winner you are eliminated.

You win the competition when your pick is the only winning selection made for that round.

All game results in a given round, not just the game you select, affect the competition outcome for you in that round. So your selection has to be made before the first game of the round.

To preserve mathematical fairness no late tips will be accepted after the round has started and you are eliminated if your pick is not made on time. (The only exception to this rule is that you may defer tipping if you are ineligible to make a selection in the first game(s) of that round.)

If no selected pick wins, all competitors who made a pick progress to the next round.

To discourage systematic picking, you cannot pick the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So for example if you pick Richmond to win in round 1, you cannot pick Richmond in rounds 2 or 3.

Also, you cannot pick against the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So if you pick Richmond to beat Carlton in round 1 you cannot pick the team that plays Carlton in rounds 2 or 3.

In the event that the remaining competitors all pick the same team in two successive rounds, the competition will be completed and all remaining competitors declared joint winners.

ROUND 1
Wednesday, March 16 7.10pm

Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (MCG) (N)

Thursday, March 17
Carlton vs. Richmond (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 18
St Kilda vs. Collingwood (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, March 19
Geelong Cats vs. Essendon (MCG)
GWS GIANTS vs. Sydney Swans (AS) (T)
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide (G) (N)

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide Crows vs. Fremantle (AO)
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS (OS) (T)

The competition will be closed to any new competitors from 7.10pm on Wednesday March 16.
thanks again Yin!

I'll go TIGERS

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Awesome Yinnar. Glad to see it back. It's a pretty evenly matched round 1. I'll go Richmond. Hopefully not the kiss of death

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Round 1 can throw up a fair few surprises, but after last year's debacle in Round 1 I'm going for: Geelong.

Not sure I want either team to win this one to be honest.

DS

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Thanks Yinnar.

See if I can go out round one again.

West Coast.