last spot on our list .who should it be | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

last spot on our list .who should it be

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Fair enough.
I love new kids on the list.
Im shocked the club didn't think the Draft didn't have any quality at pick 17.

I think they probably did think there was value there Zips, but it was a tough year to evaluate kids, so the pick was going to be more speculative than normal. The key point was, we didn't really need to take a chance with the list we had.

My take is we took a prudent option and looked to the next draft when we knew we could really evaluate the talent available. I was comfortable with this approach at the time and am more so now.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fair enough.
I love new kids on the list.
Im shocked the club didn't think the Draft didn't have any quality at pick 17.
I'm not too fussed about it zips, none of the Victorian kids played because of Covid. Hopefully Vic Metro and Vic country get to play this coming season and we can pick the eyes out of the draft.

Last edited:

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Would've been nice to have a spot for the mid season draft. Might be some kids tearing it up this year that didn't get a chance to shine last year. Perhaps there'll be another grigg moment this year?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
For us to keep Eggy the rest must've been really underwhelming .
Because if your going to keep Eggy why let Markov leave?
I reckon we have had a really bad off season regarding list management.
Getting rid of Higgins, who also cost us a first rounder only 3 years ago to end up trading it away.
Im disappointed that we didn't use pick 17 (20) to bring in another kid.
Fingers crossed we get to see Cumberland Ralphsmith CD Ross and Martyn play this year
Salary cap. not everyone fits and if you want to keep all your top end talent, sometimes it's the little guys going from 100K per year up to 300K per year that have to go.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think a big issue we have is that young players we have drafted over the last few years just can't get a senior game.

Adding another drafted player to the list of youngsters who are not getting an opportunity would exacerbate this.

We need to get games into our drafted players, what we don't need to do is to add to the list of players who are stuck in the VFL.

We are likely to lose more fringe players as this situation continues. Don't get me wrong, we are in a great position when we have talent that can't get a game, but the price you pay for this is that players who are fringe at Richmond will get far better opportunities elsewhere and we will lose a few.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Obviously, the Club knows more than I do regarding the reasons behind Egg's selection for the last remaining spot.
But I'll be honest and say I am underwhelmed to see him back on the list.
Not convinced he has the attributes to be a long-term player for RFC, but more than happy to be proven wrong.

Reactions: 1 users