Latest from the ladies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Latest from the ladies

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What are we gonna get from the girls this year ? Bit of a crunch year I think.
Hopefully finals at least. It was good seeing Shedda and Dion(?) training them.

Season opens tonight with Carltony v Skunks at Choke-on Park.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
18 Clubs. 10 Rounds. It will all come down to which 10 teams you play. Just want to see them continue to improve their game year on year.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
18 Clubs. 10 Rounds. It will all come down to which 10 teams you play. Just want to see them continue to improve their game year on year.
Not the first game crowd compared to previous years that’s for sure….

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, definitely a crunch year, and the first game is vital, must beat Geelong, they are at a similar level as we are.

Must make finals.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
In the middle of men's finals series is a tough gig. 10 teams have turned out and 8 are toey for next week.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
excuse my ignorance, but is anyone able to explain why the AFLW season only has 10 games?

If you start the season on the first weekend of July, you could play everyone once (17 games), have a 4 week finals series and hold the GF on the last weekend of November. As an added bonus. you would have 2 months of playing womens games as curtain raisers to the mens.

If you wanted Round 1 to be a stand alone weekend for the women, you can simply dump the mens split round in June and have a bye on the first weekend of July.

seems like a no brainer for mine.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
excuse my ignorance, but is anyone able to explain why the AFLW season only has 10 games?

If you start the season on the first weekend of July, you could play everyone once (17 games), have a 4 week finals series and hold the GF on the last weekend of November. As an added bonus. you would have 2 months of playing womens games as curtain raisers to the mens.

If you wanted Round 1 to be a stand alone weekend for the women, you can simply dump the mens split round in June and have a bye on the first weekend of July.

I agree. It is ridiculous. Can't take the competition seriously when you don't even play half the teams.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

The AFL is running it, so that explains it I guess. They don't seem to take it that seriously, despite what they preach.
Now there's 18 teams, why couldn't they play curtain raisers on AFL match days?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Always been a critic of our program but feeling quite bullish this year. And some of the better teams have lost quality players to the newbies but we have been untouched.