Latest Inside Football Magazine.. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Latest Inside Football Magazine..

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Has anyone read or seen it? I was wondering if it had many Richmond articles in it or not? Because at a whisker under $5 it isn't worth buying if there isnt atleast 3 good Tiger articles., however will happily part with some change for some decent Tiger articles!
Can someone let me know?
Cheers

A

admin

I'm interested to know too TG. Did you buy the previous one? It had a lot about the Tiges in it so I couldn't resist coughing up, ha.
I picked the new one up to buy yesterday and saw we weren't one of the previewed teams, so I put it back again. Everytime I buy it I swear never again, then we go and fluke a win so I can't resist, ha.
I'll buy the next issue that has the Richmond season preview, but until then, might just have a bit of a perve in the newsagency.
Which reminds me.......
Is the season review "Tiger Files" still published?
It was great.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I'm happy to give credit where it's due, but the entire Tiger content from the latest issue would be lucky to fill half a page and is hardly worth the paper it's written on, IMHO.

I haven't missed an issue since about 1984/85. It's weeks like this that I wonder why I bother. I hope this week's improves on the last effort, not that that would take much.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Thanks for that ladies, I think I will just wait until the next one comes out with the Tigers preview in it :D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OK This weeks edition of Inside footy is now out and it has the preview of the tigers in it.By preview I mean each players stats and a brief write up of a few lines or so on them.If anyone has a particular player they want to know about just let me know and I'll type it out here for you.
Apart from that Inside Footy had only 2 other Tiger related articles pretty insignifigant ones at that. So if you don't usually buy it dont buy it for the Tigers preview thats for sure. The other 2 articles were brief one was on Gas saying he is happy to have Holland back this season(albeit a bit later) and a little Kayne Pettifer article.
The only 1 other point of interest in there was Mal Brown's interview of Jon Nicolls amongst other things(non KB related) Jon took a swipe at KB about not going back to the club.

A

admin

Did they predict where we'd finish Td? And what did they consider our strengths and weaknesses?
Ta :)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Forgot to add....

Don't they leave that to "experts" like Mike Sheehan? ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well being KJ's Pres and Millsy's VP I thought why not put in their respective but short reviews drom the above mentioned paper.

Kane Johnson.... Born:15/3/78 Recruited from:Ringwood/Eastern U18s/Adelaide Debut:96 Games:104 Goals:44 Finals:10 Grand Finals:2

Amid all the off-season trading activity,he looks to be the biggest pick-up of all.The dual premiership player is among the game's top 10 midfielders and hard as well.

Andrew Mills... Born18/6/81 Recruited from:Euroa/MurrayU18s Debut 2000 Games: 13 Goals: 5 Finals: 0

Forced his way into the senior 22 for the last five games,and although he spent a large amount of time on the bench,he occassionally showed some promise.One bonus was that he went through injury-free after previous woes.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Rosy, thought you might be interested to know that there's an article on Dunc in this week's issue. It's actually about Duncan and Andrew. Not very in depth, but an interesting read just same.

Have only had a quick peek, but there doesn't seem to be much else about Richmond, except for Rory's 'incident' whilst watching tv.

A

admin

Thanks MC, I haven't been into town for my sneak peek at it in the newsagents yet. Might have to lash out the money this time, unless the article is short enough to read in the shop. ;D