Leadership group - Who replaces Rance as VC? (Poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leadership group - Who replaces Rance as VC? (Poll)

No shortage of quality candidates..who replaces Rance as VC?

• Prestia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Vlastuin

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Martin

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lambert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edwards

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Grimes

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Lynch

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Astbury

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Voted to keep a defender in the leadership.
The mix seems to be working

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I do like the idea of a VC in the back line and forward line but I had to pick Shedda.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I voted for Flossy because I think the Forward/Mid/Defender leadership group worked well. Flossy is also of the age where he should be eyeing himself as the next Captain.

But he seems a bit media shy and a Captain these days needs to be media savvy.

With Lynch arriving at the club, in a good age bracket and previous club captain, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to step up.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Vlastuin for me. Not only because he's a defender but it's the perfect opportunity to formalize the captaincy succession plan

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think its reasonable that Rancey has forsaken the Vice Captaincy.

I voted Sheds, although I wouldn't be against the club identifying and blooding the next captain

Im sure Dusty would be a popular choice also

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Any of that list would be great but I went for Dave as I reckon he'd be pretty much straight down the line in terms of leadership.... country fella, no *smile*!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shedda stepped it up big time when all the leaders were off the park injured so he'd be an obvious first choice to fill the V.C. spot if he wanted it. Closely followed by the Grub, took a massive step up from unassuming negating defender to back half general when Tross went down.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If they wanted a defender then its Grimey.

But as a VC without regard to position I chose Titch because he led the side last year so well.

Last edited:

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I couldn’t find the stack column... I voted for grimes as I think he has the work rate, brains and calm composure needed down back with a defence that may hit development mode in the next few years though I’d love sheds in the group

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Might not hurt to add an extra pure midfielder into the group - Shedda or Prestia?

Overall Club Captain - Cotch
Forwards - JR8
Mids - Prestia
Backs - Grimes

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What a disgrace, where’s Castagnafield on that list?
Captain Cotchin
Vice Captain Jack & George.
It makes sense

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Should they leave the door open for Alex?

Trent, Jack, and then the leadership group. Grimes and Astbury continue leading in the way they did in 2019.