Leppitsch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leppitsch

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Was it someone from PRE who texted into SEN tonight saying that Leppitsch in Tiger colours would look like the german flag? Nice work whoever it was :hihi

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
It does not matter if you have premiership experience or not, if you cannot coach you are worthless.

I hope to goodness these guys can coach well.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
craig said:
Hardwicks getting a nice amount of successful types into his ranks if all names are true to the mark.

Brendan Lade - Perrenial finals player, Premiership player.

Justin Leppitsch - CHB 3 time premiership player, AA, perennial finals campaigner.

Danmien Hardwick - Dual Premiership player, Assistant coach of premiership. Perrenial Finals campaigner.

Scott Lucas, Finals campaigner , Premiership player.

oh and Wayne Campbell - played a coupla finals, nil premiership, captain of a rabble and wooden spoon winner.

Pick the odd man out. :hihi :hihi

Campbell only played 297 games twice all australian played for the Vics when it meant something & got the most out of his ability people undersell him as a player on here!! He also speaks very well about football when you here him & is well respected!! Think he may have played more games in the AFL than you Craig?

Leppa also played for a rabble until the were given heaps of cash & got the best coach in the land.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
davidrodan said:
2 down, 2-3 to go

Could be
Head Coach - Hardwick
Director of Coaching - TBC

Forward Coach - TBC (Lucas)
Midfield Coach - TBC (Simpson)
Midfield/Ruck Coach - Lade
Backs Coach - Leppitsch

Head of Development - TBC
Development Coach - TBC

Coburg Coach - Campbell

Would have a small bet that Bewick will be at the Tigers. Ex teammate of Dimma, very skillfull player and has some coaching experience in the AFL and I think in the TAC (correct me if I am wrong).

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Its interesting the press release says he's going to be defensive coach. The terminology has me thinking we might be restructuring the coaches along more modern lines like Geelong.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Best line up of coaches at Richmond in a long time.

Leppa is a solid gold get.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
ive heard around the traps he is a strong character which all leaders in any capacity should be first and foremost

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
SCOOP said:
Best line up of coaches at Richmond in a long time.

Leppa is a solid gold get.

Agree Scooper. Yeah some can talk all they like about untried, hero worship or whatever, but fact is they are vastly improved on Royal, Rawling and co in terms of pedigree and experience.

People seem to have forgotten the playing record of one of our greatest ever coaches. Just how many B&F, Grandfinals etc did Tommy Hafey win.

No one can guarantee that any of them will be a success, but at least we are bringing in people with histories of success into the club, these people are winners, they have the hunger and drive, they know as players what it takes to achieve the ultimate success. thats a good start for mine. :clap

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
North new coach Scott made a big play for him and missed out.
Must be a little dishearting for North that they're not getting the coaches they want.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
se7en said:

Itneresting, I wonder why? North's precarious position? Or he didn't like the way they went about recruiting Scott?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
se7en said:
Must be a little dishearting for North that they're not getting the coaches they want.

Is suspect that wasn't mentioned on the footy show last night? 8)

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
WesternTiger said:
Is suspect that wasn't mentioned on the footy show last night? 8)

strangely enough nothing is happening again this week at Richmond - although according to Lyon we have already delisted Tuck :hihi

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
At least with Hardwick, Lade, and Leppitsch the fear of god will be instilled into the players. Especially with the message that anyone who's not 110% will be culled. As well a lot of the soft types have been phased out already.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Looks good on paper....both have good pedigrees and I know Lade has been very highly rated.

Lade looks like a good appointment. Snowy on the tram would be better than the Monkey. He was a very ordinary ruckman whereas Lade has some good credentials. Hope he can pass on his knowledge.

In the Blood

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 22, 2007
Best off season I can remember and its still September! Keep the cleanout going Dimma. The new Richmond is coming.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
richards42 said:
At least with Hardwick, Lade, and Leppitsch the fear of god will be instilled into the players. Especially with the message that anyone who's not 110% will be culled. As well a lot of the soft types have been phased out already.

Great news. Was hoping that The Orange Roughy would be coming our way but had no idea it could be a reality! Awesome get I reckon. On the "angryness" meter this is a real plus too. Tigers haven't had to many coaches in recent years that could win a frowning contest with Abe Simpson, let alone stare down our players. :mad: