Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
To be fair, I wouldn’t mind if we had to take our turn playing in Geelong. As long as it was just that, taking our turn. Just like every other team.

What makes this situation truly vomitous is that we played there every year for decades and the likes of Collingwood and Essendon haven’t taken their turn in twenty years.

And, for some unknown reason Geelong never whine about this. You never hear them say, “Oh, why can’t we play Collingwood and Essendon In Geelong? Or even bleeping Hawthorn, for that matter?“

It is like they are more than happy to be screwed over by these clubs but then draw a line in the sand for Richmond. They have spent three years now whining about having to play Richmond at the MCG all the time, conveniently ignoring twenty years of precedent set by the other three clubs.

Geelong, if you want to stand up for yourselves, then by all means, have at it. But don’t pick and choose your battles. That just makes you look like whiny little sooks.

Naaaiiiled it.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I know someone connected with our Club that even went out of thier way to e-mail them & suggest that if they want big Clubs down there then allocate a decent among of tix for thier fans & this will help your cause. they laughed at the idea so they can shove it!
For all the whingeing they do about home games they'd want to win them all otherwise it's just unjustified whingeing.

There ominance down there is over.
They're finished, Taylor, Hawkins, Ablett, Selwood & Bos are all cooked.
They will make themselves look like gooses again when they get slapped out of the finals.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I know someone connected with our Club that even went out of thier way to e-mail them & suggest that if they want big Clubs down there then allocate a decent among of tix for thier fans & this will help your cause. they laughed at the idea so they can shove it!
For all the whingeing they do about home games they'd want to win them all otherwise it's just unjustified whingeing.

I haven't missed a game there since 1981 but am no certainty to be at the next one. In 2017 the only ticket I could get from memory was a seat in the forward pocket which cost $45 on top of my 17-game membership which theoretically should've got me in the gate.

Add in the inferior modern viewing positions compared to standing on the old outer wing, plus petrol there and back, plus parking issues, plus the time investment, plus the fact that we usually lose there... Geelong has gone significantly backwards as an attractive place for me to attend games. And it was never high on the list to begin with.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
it will be interesting to see how hard Geelong fall when they stop being a threat. Fingers crossed it will be Adelaide like

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I enjoy them doing well only to bomb out in finals - again. And the Chris Scott show is always good viewing in September October

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I haven't missed a game there since 1981 but am no certainty to be at the next one. In 2017 the only ticket I could get from memory was a seat in the forward pocket which cost $45 on top of my 17-game membership which theoretically should've got me in the gate.

Add in the inferior modern viewing positions compared to standing on the old outer wing, plus petrol there and back, plus parking issues, plus the time investment, plus the fact that we usually lose there... Geelong has gone significantly backwards as an attractive place for me to attend games. And it was never high on the list to begin with.

i was at that game and I remember it well coz it was my birthday. we got absolutely reamed by the dumpires that day. i mean, absolutely slammed sideways. yet we only lost by 14 points. it was the first time i believed we could win the flag.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
There ominance down there is over.
They're finished, Taylor, Hawkins, Ablett, Selwood & Bos are all cooked.
They will make themselves look like gooses again when they get slapped out of the finals.
Thing i don't get about when they got Ablett is he's older than Bartel who they finished him up due to his age. Then they now have recruited Jenkins, he along with G.Rohan fits thier "goes missing in september" culture perfectly. long may it continue.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Plus our Cheer sqd get tucked away in the pocket as well & also our last visit there ended up in a Police investigation after some issues in the crowd.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
it will be interesting to see how hard Geelong fall when they stop being a threat. Fingers crossed it will be Adelaide like
Given the age of thier best players the cliff is very close. IMO last yr was thier last chance at a flag with that group. Some of them are "1 yr older" & already slowing down, they'll need to match last yrs effort just to be in the top 4 again let alone go another step which they have not done for almost a decade now.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
i was at that game and I remember it well coz it was my birthday. we got absolutely reamed by the dumpires that day. i mean, absolutely slammed sideways. yet we only lost by 14 points. it was the first time i believed we could win the flag.
I was there as well. An absolute *smile* hole. Will never go back.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will they STFU for a while after being kissed on the arse with the early draw.

Hawthorn - first time in ages

Carlton and the Suns 3voutta 4 at Crapdinia Park.

And the game away is against the #goDeez at the G.

Well played Hocking.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Plus our Cheer sqd get tucked away in the pocket as well & also our last visit there ended up in a Police investigation after some issues in the crowd.
I was there that day, Caesar & I caught the train down for the ressies, at 1/2 time of the ressies a few of our seniors were out having a kick about, I wandered down to the fence for a chat with Broady, a cats supporter was into Jack, screaming at him & calling him an *smile* C , I couldn't believe it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Oh dear. We only have one home game in that block of rounds. Will this mean we are going to have a heap of home games going into the finals? :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I was there that day, Caesar & I caught the train down for the ressies, at 1/2 time of the ressies a few of our seniors were out having a kick about, I wandered down to the fence for a chat with Broady, a cats supporter was into Jack, screaming at him & calling him an *smile* C , I couldn't believe it.

Me too. Pre seniors game Jack was having set shots from the boundary in the pocket and a 5 year old cat fan was having a go at him over the fence - mind you it was pretty tame, "you can't kick Jack", that kind of stuff. Jack just said watch this kid and nailed the shot from the boundary

Reactions: 2 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I will be barracking for every club that plays Geelong at their bowling alley. There would be nothing sweeter than seeing them go negative on the W/L at that ground. Watch how quickly they request games at the G if this happens.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
I would like to see Geelong get every home game down there on their stupidly shaped ground and then away games interstate with maybe a game at Tesltra/Colonial/Etihad/Marvel/Docklands or whatever they call it this week. Then sit back and laugh when they die on a normal ground when it counts.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
They’ll implode if they start to lose games against the likes of GC or Carlton down there. I think the pressure’s on.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Yobbos, what would you expect?
I was there when KB got reported.
I was there when we beat them in 1990.
I was there till half time when Ablett kicked 12.
I was there when Naish wasn't paid a free kick late in the game.
I was there when we hyde kicked 4.
I was there when Johnson dribbled a goal in the last mintute.
I was there when Steven King kicked 2 or 3 in the last qtr to beat us.
You never left that ground without been involved in clash with the mob.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They’ll implode if they start to lose games against the likes of GC or Carlton down there. I think the pressure’s on.

Im with you. Pressure will build if they start to drop games down there.
They said that winning at old Trafford was impossible several years ago, nowadays nearly every side in the premier league has a chance now.
I just want them to stuff it up, so we never hear they host a home final.
It wil impossible to host a final when theyre in the bottom 4.

• Haha