Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
Hawkins on the news yesterday saying it’s been ages since they’ve played “any of the big clubs” down there.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Hawkins on the news yesterday saying it’s been ages since they’ve played “any of the big clubs” down there.
They just keep giving us more and more ammunition. Their arrogance has surpassed their ability but they’re yet to realize.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Matter of taste I guess, I like the Grog Squad and find most of their stuff to be witty but the cheer squad just makes me cringe.

The Grog squad are the best supporter group in the AFL. All of their chants are copied from the world game of course.

Yes the cheer squad is lame, but 99% of footy supporter culture is lame. the best most footy supporters can come up with is "<insert team tame>, clap clap clap."

I will be barracking for every club that plays Geelong at their bowling alley. There would be nothing sweeter than seeing them go negative on the W/L at that ground. Watch how quickly they request games at the G if this happens.

i hate the wee's and poo's with a pasison, but up the hawkers.

This campaign by Geelong is gonna bite them on the bum big time. but they just don't see it.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The Grog squad are the best supporter group in the AFL. All of their chants are copied from the world game of course.

Yes the cheer squad is lame, but 99% of footy supporter culture is lame. the best most footy supporters can come up with is "<insert team tame>, clap clap clap."

i hate the wee's and poo's with a pasison, but up the hawkers.

This campaign by Geelong is gonna bite them on the bum big time. but they just don't see it.

yeah - the cats still have not learnt - they lost last year final series in the end because they couldn’t get over not playing a final at the chattery, You need to be 100% focused and any distraction can cost.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
yeah - the cats still have not learnt - they lost last year final series in the end because they couldn’t get over not playing a final at the chattery, You need to be 100% focused and any distraction can cost.

i think they lost to Collingwood because they were too distracted by that. But they gave us an incredibly tough game in the prelim. as much as we bag Geelong, we find them a tough opponent to beat.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Cheap excuses..
Distraction or not, they haven't been the best team in the comp close to 10 years now.
The constant whinging about playing at that dunghole will back fire. This year the entire Geelong Football Club could be the laughing stock of the AFL.
*Imagine them missing the 8
*Imagine out of the 8 games down there they drop 3
*Imagine they go unbeaten down there, play all finals and then lose the GF on the G
There's no certainties in football,
Things can turn to shiit very quickly.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They just keep giving us more and more ammunition. Their arrogance has surpassed their ability but they’re yet to realize.

Wankers they are.

They are going nowhere except over the cliff that is coming for them.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Matter of taste I guess, I like the Grog Squad and find most of their stuff to be witty but the cheer squad just makes me cringe.

That woo woo woo thing they do after someone kicks a point is on a par with Doggie Doggie Doggie, Woof Woof Woof.
Having read a few comments online about the complaints they have had about a few of thier chants, given some of thier attitudes to suggestions they need tone down the language it's rather obvious some of them are absolute morons. It's no wonder security hassle them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong are racing against the clock to be ready for there round 2 game against the hawks.
Construction has commenced to bring in the wings a further 8 metres on each side of the ground.
By the end of it, Kardinia Park will look like your neighbours nature strip.
Chris Scott should be happy. His pensioners can defend 12 metres of turf.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong are racing against the clock to be ready for there round 2 game against the hawks.
Construction has commenced to bring in the wings a further 8 metres on each side of the ground.
By the end of it, Kardinia Park will look like your neighbours nature strip.
Chris Scott should be happy. His pensioners can defend 12 metres of turf.
I hope they still have enough room to swing their Louis Vuitton’s and Prada’s around

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Anyone see him in the Box during the 2011 GF??
He actually believes it was him that took a Geelong side with Bartel, Corey, Enright, longergan, Scartlett and Ling to premiership glory.
The only thing he achieved in his time at Geelong is turn them into massive whingers.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Never known a Coach to waste so much time worrying about things like an opponents fixture....
Funny thing is after he started the campaign last yr 4-6 weeks before the Finals he didn't even play us in the 1st week anyway....

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Never known a Coach to waste so much time worrying about things like an opponents fixture....
Funny thing is after he started the campaign last yr 4-6 weeks before the Finals he didn't even play us in the 1st week anyway....

The funny thing is with each passing season, more and more clubs are flying past Geelong.
I wouldn't have them in the top 5 sides currently.
Us, WC, Collingwood, Giants and the Bears have stronger lists.
Theyre comparable to Port Adelaide & Footscray currently.
Nothing puts a smile on my face more then watching Geelong lose.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The funny thing is with each passing season, more and more clubs are flying past Geelong.
I wouldn't have them in the top 5 sides currently.
Us, WC, Collingwood, Giants and the Bears have stronger lists.
Theyre comparable to Port Adelaide & Footscray currently.
Nothing puts a smile on my face more then watching Geelong lose.
Cats biggest issue now & has been for some time is they don't bat deep enough plus now some of thier better players are over 30 & already slowing down. IMO last yr was thier last chance, they need to match thier 1st half of the season last yr to compete again, the WLWLWLWL etc of the 2nd half will have them struggling to make the 8, which could be a major factor why they are so happy about getting all those games at home it if plays out that way. The funny thing is they are known for choking in the Finals & in recent yrs have recruited G.Rohan & Jenkins who are very well known for going missing when the heat is on.

Of the lists u mention i'd say lions need to prove last yr wasn't a 1 off ( they certainly need to avoid "doing a Melbourne". Even WCE need to prove '18 wasn't a 1 off as they have not made the Prelim stage aside from that yr since '15....

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The thing that makes me shake my head regarding the Cats is that a lot of other teams would give their right one to play as many games as possible at the 'G. If you want to win a flag, you have to be able to win at the 'G.

And most of the time that the Cats play at the 'G, they are playing big games.

It is a fantastic opportunity, yet in recent years they have played the victim card to cover up poor coaching and probably even worse recruiting.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The thing that makes me shake my head regarding the Cats is that a lot of other teams would give their right one to play as many games as possible at the 'G. If you want to win a flag, you have to be able to win at the 'G.

It is a fantastic opportunity, yet in recent years they have played the victim card to cover up poor coaching and probably even worse recruiting.
I am also amazed by it, They'd be the only Club in the big league that are not keen on playing in front of big crowds. We even got players to our Club for this very reason!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Cant you see it steak? They want to get to the G only once and so they can win it.
There's more chances Dinosaurs walking down Swan Street and Harley's comet flying around the MCG.
Sit back and watch it play out. 8 games at the dunghole for 7 wins, and then knocked out in straight sets...

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Enjoying watching the 2013 Prelim Final on FoxFooty, the Cats are 2 goals up with 10 minutes to go against the Hawks...........we know what happened :rotfl2 :rotfl1 :banana

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, if abusive chants are your thing. And getting smashed and starting fights with opposition supporters.