Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
And to think his a numbers man.
Would you trust this guy with your money?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Which is the difference between them and us.

Against the tide here but I don't have a problem with what Cornes said.
It was before 2017. Honestly, who among us would have disagreed? I know I didn't.

On this board there was much angst .... even those who wanted Prestia said pick 6 was too high a price to pay.

They are paid to express their opinion and so it goes public. Ours don't.

I remember the article. Kornes was saying we need to rebuild. Very similar to Matthew Lloyd.

The problems were so obviously coaching and lack of depth. The 12th-oldest team with its stars in their prime (Martin/Rance/Cotchin Riewoldt top 4 in the b&f) does not need to "rebuild". Kornes was talking out of his arse.

He is a self-declared Richmond hater and nothing he says about us can be taken seriously. Even praise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If you want a laugh have a listen to Bicks, Rowey and Studley Cornes on 5AA earlier this week...… Bicks the voice of reason!

http://aca.st/5e06d1

"It's just not fair, dammit!"

Carlton's home ground isn't the MCG you clowns. People in other states tend to view the Victorian clubs as more or less the same. If it wasn't us winning it, some other Victorian club would be copping it.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am enjoying discussing Richmond this summer with friends. I like to lull them into a warm discussion about their own team's positive prospects. I then ask them about their thoughts about Richmond, which they are generally positive.

I then ask, and what do you think about Tom Lynch? It normally illicets shakes of the head, then they retreat to the corner in a depressed state. Sometimes in the foetal position.

What a great time to be alive.

Reactions: 9 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If I hear again that if Ablett had kicked that goal in the last they would have hit the front I will spew up. Apart from anything else he hasn’t kicked goals from a set shot further than 45 metres out for 2 years now.
The more I see that last half the more it is clear we pantsed them after halftime. We missed 2-3 ourselves in the last quarter and in reality they were lucky to get within 19 points.
In hindsight as soon as we ramped up the pressure and started to run them off their legs it was all over. No one can go with us when we get that game up and running.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
i wont forget easily dheads like whateley,robinson, sam mclure,king,most of sen almost never giving us any credit for our 12 wins in a row to the flag, every excuse under the sun to pump up oposition was read out,they had more stats,wait till they play over there,,they finished on top for a reason, gws playing hard footy,pies killed rich in prelim 2018,hear the big sound,no way can anybody win 12 in a row to win flag, richmond choked ( farging idiot slobinson ejaculated writing 9000 words on tigers choke against cats, then puts on the bottom of his article,richmond won the match),it was 2 months of blinked game viewing where most refused to see the black and yellow.

Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Is Ablett training the house down?

He was going to but apparently forgot his walking stick.

LTRTR will no doubt have the detail but next year's Geewhinge list must be close to the oldest in recent memory.

Henderson, Steven, Jenkins, Toohey, Ablett, Taylor, Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield all 30 at or soon after the start of next season.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

LTRTR will no doubt have the detail but next year's Geewhinge list must be close to the oldest in recent memory.

Henderson, Steven, Jenkins, Toohey, Ablett, Taylor, Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield all 30 at or soon after the start of next season.
The talk about Jenkins is hysterically funny. Prior to him going to Cartland, they were lining up to bag him, now all of a sudden he’s their version of Tom Lynch.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I posted this Geelong team a few months back:

I want to see Geelongs Dads Army side:

Taylor Stewart Blicavs
Bews Henderson Tuohy
Steven Selwood Guthrie
Dahlhouse Jenkins Menegola
Rohan Hawkins Ablett
Stanley
Dangerfield
Duncan

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
If ordering dinner in Geelong, I’d love to ask if they‘re able to provide extra salt... with a smile. I wonder how far someone could push it while retaining plausible deniability.

Innocent tone:

Do you mind if we sit outdoors near the beach? We can’t get enough of that salty breeze around here! It’s lovely!

My father has high blood pressure, do you have any specialty salt for him? Anything local?

May I take a couple of these salt packets with me? Thanks... souvenir!

Oh, no salt for us, please - we have a very low tolerance. We came all the way from Richmond.

I’ll let myself out...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
i wont forget easily dheads like whateley,robinson, sam mclure,king,most of sen almost never giving us any credit for our 12 wins in a row to the flag, every excuse under the sun to pump up oposition was read out,they had more stats,wait till they play over there,,they finished on top for a reason, gws playing hard footy,pies killed rich in prelim 2018,hear the big sound,no way can anybody win 12 in a row to win flag, richmond choked ( farging idiot slobinson ejaculated writing 9000 words on tigers choke against cats, then puts on the bottom of his article,richmond won the match),it was 2 months of blinked game viewing where most refused to see the black and yellow.

You know the best thing about this?

I couldn't give a s**t what they say of think, because of this: :cupgold

DS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users