Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
My brother-in-law is an Essendon supporter. He was calling Nank a spud recently, and I told him he had to amend it to ‘dual Premiership winning spud’. That shut him up fairly quickly.

Yep. And they have recruited Zac Clarke and now Phillips.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep. And they have recruited Zac Clarke and now Phillips.

Essendon have 4 top line talls on their list that is it.

Hurley, Hooker, Daniher and Bellchambers.

As a quartet they are becoming injury struck and there isnt anything of quality coming through on face value at least.

Whilst this situation continues they are going nowhere.

Hartley and Briown were handy, dont know why they let them go considering their lack of quality talls.

Long may they remain mired in mediocrity along with the cheats from Princess Park.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What a beautiful day.
Watching Geelong getting slapped by carlton in the 95 GF, just one of their 4 loses in 6 years.
And the cherry on the cake is Channel 7 have that peanut Blight commentating. :rotfl1

• Love

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a beautiful day.
Watching Geelong getting slapped by carlton in the 95 GF, just one of their 4 loses in 6 years.
And the cherry on the cake is Channel 7 have that peanut Blight commentating. :rotfl1
And Carlton were cheating with the salary cap.......it doesn't get much better than that.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ahh the Cats...... they've started a little earlier with the whinging ...... persistent if nothing else!
If they played 11 games at GMHBA they would have more true home games than even some of the interstate teams but without their travel. Even mcg co-tenants like Richmond, Melbourne and Collingwood play only 9-10 true home games, the rest are against other co-tenants. They would then have the biggest home ground advantage in the afl easily

Last edited:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
There was an article in The Australian this week about Jack Steven ""burning up the track"", but what I found interesting was the couple of comments from Cat supporters. I think Salty might be following his brother in 2021.

Comments were -

"Love my Cats but something is not quite right down there. An inability to win after a bye, slow starts at the start of games or immediately after half time are a worry. Breathtakingly poor finals record since 2011 with 4 wins from 15 finals. Only one of those wins against a Melbourne based club. Very strong favourites in 7 of the 11 losses. Three of those finals lost to interstate teams. It’s hard to win an interstate final. Hawthorn bookended 11 straight losses against Geelong with wins in a final. Richmond lost 13 consecutive matches against us before breaking through in a final. Melbourne 20 of 21 before beating us in 2018. Hope Jack Steven brings something to the team and wish him well. Cats member. "

"Go Cats!
(Especially in the second half of the year, and especially in the finals. Come on, fix that up! It's getting ridiculous.)"

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A replay of the Preliminary final against Salty's Cats is on FoxFooty at the moment. It was a sweet, sweet victory that one.
They just showed the Diverfield *smile* free kick. Didn't the cheat have a smirk on his face, we soon wiped that off him in the 2nd half though.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A replay of the Preliminary final against Salty's Cats is on FoxFooty at the moment. It was a sweet, sweet victory that one.
They just showed the Diverfield *smile* free kick. Didn't the cheat have a smirk on his face, we soon wiped that off him in the 2nd half though.

Just flicked over, 2nd half about to begin :D

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

I like the way Dusty gave it to him. Like to think he was telling him he was going to pay for that cheating act. Dangerfield went missing after that.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I like the way Dusty gave it to him. Like to think he was telling him he was going to pay for that cheating act. Dangerfield went missing after that.

Just spotted the lesser spotted Diverfield, theres 6 minutes left of the 3rd, 1st time he's been seen!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
About a minute into the last qtr Prestia earns a free at half back (Selwood dropping the ball)
Tom Stewart has the ball by then and umpire held up play.
Dusty called for it and Stewart threw it to him who then relayed it to Prestia
Is that technically a 50m penalty given the Clangerfield one before half time???

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

Both Danger and Selwood went missing in the premiership qtr.
You can't do that if you want a premiership cup lol

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
About a minute into the last qtr Prestia earns a free at half back (Selwood dropping the ball)
Is that technically a 50m penalty given the Clangerfield one before half time???

Reckon you might be right, Tenacious

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Both Danger and Selwood went missing in the premiership qtr.
You can't do that if you want a premiership cup lol

And even in the last 5-6 mins - the only times Clangerfield got the ball were handballs to team mates that then got crunched by our blokes.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
To keep fit, the wife and I bought ourselves a water rower as our Christmas present.

If you've ever used one, you'll know they're pretty tough work. And I've never really been one for repetitive exercise.

But my saviour has been the third quarter of the preliminary final.

Load up Kayo, get on the rower and, wham-o!, 30 minutes of quality exercise passes by without even knowing it!

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely a 50m penalty. Exactly what Cotch got pinged for when he gave the ball to Bash.
The classic of that one was Rooey a couple of years back sucked in some poor first or second game kid by insistently calling for the ball when it was one of his team mates the ball should have been passed to. Straight up 50 for not returning the ball correctly to the player receiving the free.