Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Very small and minor detail but I tend to agree...they do have a point. I heard the 'roar' and thought it was a bit strange to have in a GF. Don't think it happened in 2017?
If the G played 'never tear us apart' I would be spewing.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
didn't Koch also say something about us wearing our home strip despite "GWS finishing higher." pretty sure i read that somewhere.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
You heard him everybody, an audio roar accompanied the tsunami of a real roar so that means the AFL has forgotten it’s not the VFL.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Here we go, the South Australian saltiness and post-GF entitlement begins yet again. David Koch [sp?] can gagf. Is he really thinking that the Tiger Roar somehow provides an advantage onfield? Does it make the opposition fill their pants perhaps? Quantify that you flog.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Just like his "financial advice" this is just more noise from an empty vessel. Best ignored entirely.
Bloke's a clown.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Doesn't this happen in every final? Both teams get their graphics / sound on the scoreboard?

The best example of this was the prelim in 2017 when GWS kicked a goal on the siren, some believe someone pressed the wrong button as the Giants song started but that was part of their goal graphic.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Kock is an attention seeking flog. That's what happens when you run a club that required massive tarps to cover the empty seats at home games for years.

The most disliked chairman amongst clubs which is saying something when the field includes Fat Ed

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
To be honest I can't remember even watching the scoreboard. ... so did they put up the GWS package too?

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Very small and minor detail but I tend to agree...they do have a point. I heard the 'roar' and thought it was a bit strange to have in a GF. Don't think it happened in 2017?
If the G played 'never tear us apart' I would be spewing.
Optus Oval does exactly the same hting for Eagles & Dockers

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Doesn't this happen in every final? Both teams get their graphics / sound on the scoreboard?

The best example of this was the prelim in 2017 when GWS kicked a goal on the siren, some believe someone pressed the wrong button as the Giants song started but that was part of their goal graphic.

Now you mention it...I can remember that trumpet ditty of their song being played when they got a goal in the PF.
They only needed to play it 3 times on Sat though... :rotfl2

The funniest saltiness comment I have heard is that the dodgey blocking free against davis that gave Jack his first at the start of second Q "turned the tide" and GWS knew they could not win. So they just rolled over on one umpiring decision...

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
OMG - he just cant b for real with this crap. That has to b the biggest whinge of em all. What a sook.crybaby.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
This from the same flog that complained about the Gold Coast wearing their home jumper for a Gold Coast home game against port powerless this year.
Gone to the top of my list of most despised afl leaders. And that list has McGuire, Kennett and mclachlan

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
They played their cheesy song before our final there a few years back. Wasn’t complaining then.

Doesn’t complain when their supporters spit on opposition fans and abuse them either. He’s the biggest tosser in football.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
To be honest I can't remember even watching the scoreboard. ... so did they put up the GWS package too?
Yes, Koch is a goose, they played both goal sound effects post goal, problem for Kochie he only heard and saw the Richmond one because it played 17 times vs 3. PAY ATTENTION KOCH!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sounds like Koch is waving the white flag.
How long has he been at Port?
The writing is on the wall for him.
Better makes a few excuses before he packs up and leaves.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
didn't Koch also say something about us wearing our home strip despite "GWS finishing higher." pretty sure i read that somewhere.

“I did think whenever Richmond scored a goal -- did I hear the roar of the tiger from the scoreboard go off? I’m not sure you’re meant to do that when it’s a final. It’s not a Richmond home game. Rob Chapman and I were talking before the game about why GWS had to wear their clash jumper when they finished higher on the table than Richmond. And it really wasn’t a clash at all.

“It’s little things like that that Rob and I and the other non-Victorian presidents just have to keep beating the drum that there is no V in AFL -- it’s an A now. We’ve got to be vigilant because the Victorians can get really cocky about this stuff, that’s it’s the home of football. It is not the home of football, it is a national sport that is right the way around the country.”

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
So I guess he was equally upset when Richmond had to wear its away strip in 2017 against Adelaide