Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
To keep fit, the wife and I bought ourselves a water rower as our Christmas present.

If you've ever used one, you'll know they're pretty tough work. And I've never really been one for repetitive exercise.

But my saviour has been the third quarter of the preliminary final.

Load up Kayo, get on the rower and, wham-o!, 30 minutes of quality exercise passes by without even knowing it!
I watched the 3rd quarter of the preliminary final today, i drank 3 stubbies ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I've been going through the 2017 and 2019 finals, 2019 PF today. What a wonderful second half. It is also noticeable that we weathered their ascendancy through the 2nd quarter (where Geelong set up very well and played some great footy) and they should not have been 21 points up, rather only 15 if not for the ridiculous free and 50 to Dangerfield.

The judgements on 50m penalties in that game was absurdly inconsistent, even Richo was complaining about it at one point.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've been going through the 2017 and 2019 finals, 2019 PF today. What a wonderful second half. It is also noticeable that we weathered their ascendancy through the 2nd quarter (where Geelong set up very well and played some great footy) and they should not have been 21 points up, rather only 15 if not for the ridiculous free and 50 to Dangerfield.

The judgements on 50m penalties in that game was absurdly inconsistent, even Richo was complaining about it at one point.

DS

Its not just the 50 we copped, its the 50 we didnt get.
Geelong at the end were lucky they only lost by 19 points.
Could've been more embarrassing. We missed 3 sodas in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Essendon have 4 top line talls on their list that is it.

Hurley, Hooker, Daniher and Bellchambers.

As a quartet they are becoming injury struck and there isnt anything of quality coming through on face value at least.

Whilst this situation continues they are going nowhere.

Hartley and Briown were handy, dont know why they let them go considering their lack of quality talls.

Bellchambers a top line tall? He’s a battler.

Hartley and brown are battlers too.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
That tap from Jack v 3 Geelong players to Dusty to goal is absolutely top shelf brilliant

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep and the commentators dont even mention it.
Yes i couldn't believe that the commentators weren't raving about it, because it was a thing of beauty. How good was Shorty's 60 metre kick to Jack to set that play up.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its really quite, no listening to Scott whinge about something we are doing.
Im surprised he hasn't questioned our starting times or the length of our socks...

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Yes i couldn't believe that the commentators weren't raving about it, because it was a thing of beauty. How good was Shorty's 60 metre kick to Jack to set that play up.
beautiful looking kick to a 3 on 1. He's a lucky boy jack is a freak.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep and the commentators dont even mention it.
But champion data don't have a stat for those actions so they don't actually exist. Nothing for the media to bother getting excited about.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Bruce’s call of that moment was ‘un-Bruce like’ given the eye popping beauty of it. It doesn’t do it justice and is almost deflating. Would prefer to watch the footage with alternative radio calls.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
beautiful looking kick to a 3 on 1. He's a lucky boy jack is a freak.
Get the ball in deep for the forwards to contest n bring the ball to ground for the smalls to either score or lock the ball in. Perfectly executed n we've been practicing this stuff for three years n every coach n nuffer media expert simply can't figure out what or how we do it :rotfl1 .

Reactions: 3 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
And as mentioned, not a peep from the commentators.

I am happy to go on record as saying the first four goals after half time in the PF were all amongst the best you will see.
Remember we were behind and it was a high pressure game.
First...PrestiaCotchinEdwards tackle and release the ball for Caddy to pass to Prestia who hits Lynch lace out. A classic RFC 2019 goal.
Second...We disposess Cats with tackling on the wing, Short dodges two Cats and kicks to a contest without fear . JR does a sublime tap to Martin who reads it perfectly. Another classic RFC 2019 goal.
Third...Gryan whoever passes to Selwood, three Tigers disposess him and Bolton hits Castagna with a sublime pass splitting two defenders without fear.. Another classic.
Fourth...Edwards wins loose ball, cooly passes to Caddy, passes to Prestia who has outrun his opponent who kicks to top of the square, Lynch v three Cats, no fear, Lynch marks and wins free.

All goals were fabulous. Very little recognition. Commentators do not understand the Richmond way. No pausing, no need for perfect target, trust in team mate to contest hard, fierce tackling, constant running and honouring team mates effort to be available.

We are goals better than all other teams....just wish George could kick and handball.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users