Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was confident at halftime against the moggies and declared we would win to those with me at the ground. It felt totally different to 2018 because to me we had the best of the latter half of the 2nd quarter. The Dangerfield dive and 50 felt like it was against the play.
As soon as we got up and running the cats couldn’t match us. In isolation the 2nd half was actually a bit of a mauling. 56-16 in a half is very dominant.

Reactions: 5 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I was confident at halftime against the moggies and declared we would win to those with me at the ground. It felt totally different to 2018 because to me we had the best of the latter half of the 2nd quarter. The Dangerfield dive and 50 felt like it was against the play.
As soon as we got up and running the cats couldn’t match us. In isolation the 2nd half was actually a bit of a mauling. 56-16 in a half is very dominant.
Extrapolated to a whole game, that's 112-32.
Sound familiar?

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Extrapolated to a whole game, that's 112-32.
Sound familiar?
Yes. Our last 6 quarters for the year were 170-41. Thus is the “discussion” I have with some salty opposition supporters. If you have a look at our finals series in the two premiership years they were as dominant as any in the last 20-30 years. We could have played finals in Moorabool st, Rundle Mall and Parramatta road and we still would have won those flags

Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yes. Our last 6 quarters for the year were 170-41. Thus is the “discussion” I have with some salty opposition supporters. If you have a look at our finals series in the two premiership years they were as dominant as any in the last 20-30 years. We could have played finals in Moorabool st, Rundle Mall and Parramatta road and we still would have won those flags
Statistically our '17 Finals series was the most dominant since '00, in the last 3 yrs we have won 6 of our 7 Finals games & only 1 game was within 5 goals which is very dominant. Thier argument would only stack up if we'd fallen over the line & won those games by a kick or something like that.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Statistically our '17 Finals series was the most dominant since '00, in the last 3 yrs we have won 6 of our 7 Finals games & only 1 game was within 5 goals which is very dominant. Thier argument would only stack up if we'd fallen over the line & won those games by a kick or something like that.

We won 7 of our last 8 finals I thought.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Had to read the game day thread again and it seems many shared the same view as me. You nailed it at the time though, Baron. You were pretty confident.

Are you trying to say a game day thread contained negative comments? Well I never......

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If the Cats are to some how win the flag this year, we all know that the credit will go to Grigga.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

We won our 2017 finals by an average of just under 8 goals (45 points)

In 2019 we won by an average of over 9 goals (55 points)

Pretty comprehensive statement.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We won our 2017 finals by an average of just under 8 goals (45 points)

In 2019 we won by an average of over 9 goals (55 points)

Pretty comprehensive statement.

Still, we were better last year....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
With all the salt over our success being at record levels, let's help rub it in & spread it around. At the 25min mark of the last term when the game is done let's get a chant going "We are Richmond we are Premiers".

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With all the salt over our success being at record levels, let's help rub it in & spread it around. At the 25min mark of the last term when the game is done let's get a chant going "We are Richmond we are Premiers".

Lets rip into the prick

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I rather go for Chris Scott your a wanker.
Or Chris Scott your a loser.
Or Chris Scott your the Shiitest coach in the comp.
Or Scott has no idea.
Or we want home games in Geelong

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

It's funny because nobody questions Hawthorn's 3 peat, but they fell over the line in a couple of Prelim finals and were even beaten in finals on the way to premiership glory. The only time we've looked vulnerable is after having a second bye in 3 weeks.

I will admit, that watching that Prelim against the Cats I wasn't feeling very confident at half time. I didn't think the cats looked that good, but we looked like we had more rust than a gate on a cow paddock. Some of the fumbles and missed kicks in the first half were deplorable. The manner in which we clicked into gear, triggered off by a typical Trent Cotchin tackle was unbelievable.

We then carried that second half form straight into the GF.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I hopes Cats make finals. In 7 of our flags we've beaten them in finals on our way to the flag.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's funny because nobody questions Hawthorn's 3 peat, but they fell over the line in a couple of Prelim finals and were even beaten in finals on the way to premiership glory. The only time we've looked vulnerable is after having a second bye in 3 weeks.

I will admit, that watching that Prelim against the Cats I wasn't feeling very confident at half time. I didn't think the cats looked that good, but we looked like we had more rust than a gate on a cow paddock. Some of the fumbles and missed kicks in the first half were deplorable. The manner in which we clicked into gear, triggered off by a typical Trent Cotchin tackle was unbelievable.

We then carried that second half form straight into the GF.
Yer i wasn't overly confident but was telling ppl they'd given us thier best, we have more upside & it's only 3 goals the diff.