Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chris Scott wants us in Geelong this year.
Why don't we just slap them down there and put this *smile* out of his misery.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nah screw that. I want to hear him whinge about it for the rest of his days. Every time he does it he just proves what a massive whining *smile* he is.

If anyone has to play down there it should be Essendon and Collingwood. Neither team has been there this century!

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nah screw that. I want to hear him whinge about it for the rest of his days. Every time he does it he just proves what a massive whining *smile* he is.

If anyone has to play down there it should be Essendon and Collingwood. Neither team has been there this century!

I think the last time Collingwood played there was 1999.
Essendon, i cannot think of any game there after 95..

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Our argument about crowds this yr is null & void i no issue with it. given all thier whingeing about it they need to beat all the big Clubs down there otherwise that will be fun when the whingeing fires up next yr.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The sook wants Collingwood in Geelong too.
Collingwood might need to upgrade their GPS's...

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
To be fair, I wouldn’t mind if we had to take our turn playing in Geelong. As long as it was just that, taking our turn. Just like every other team.

What makes this situation truly vomitous is that we played there every year for decades and the likes of Collingwood and Essendon haven’t taken their turn in twenty years.

And, for some unknown reason Geelong never whine about this. You never hear them say, “Oh, why can’t we play Collingwood and Essendon In Geelong? Or even bleeping Hawthorn, for that matter?“

It is like they are more than happy to be screwed over by these clubs but then draw a line in the sand for Richmond. They have spent three years now whining about having to play Richmond at the MCG all the time, conveniently ignoring twenty years of precedent set by the other three clubs.

Geelong, if you want to stand up for yourselves, then by all means, have at it. But don’t pick and choose your battles. That just makes you look like whiny little sooks.

Reactions: 15 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
To be fair, I wouldn’t mind if we had to take our turn playing in Geelong. As long as it was just that, taking our turn. Just like every other team.

What makes this situation truly vomitous is that we played there every year for decades and the likes of Collingwood and Essendon haven’t taken their turn in twenty years.

And, for some unknown reason Geelong never whine about this. You never hear them say, “Oh, why can’t we play Collingwood and Essendon In Geelong? Or even bleeping Hawthorn, for that matter?“

It is like they are more than happy to be screwed over by these clubs but then draw a line in the sand for Richmond. They have spent three years now whining about having to play Richmond at the MCG all the time, conveniently ignoring twenty years of precedent set by the other three clubs.

Geelong, if you want to stand up for yourselves, then by all means, have at it. But don’t pick and choose your battles. That just makes you look like whiny little sooks.

Because Hawthorn had a good winning record down there.
Collingwood would beat them down there too.
Scott has a massive hatred pointed towards us. He is one of many still shaking their heads in disbelief how good we are.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So many of out old opponents in the game and the media cannot get their heads around the Tigers being good consistently. 2017 messed with their world view, but then when we went on with it in 18 and 19 they simply can’t comprehend it.

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Geelong's logic dectates that other clubs should be petitioning to play at their own training facilities ie Tigers at Punt Rd, including finals.

Nobody else has anywhere near th advantage Geelong gets because their ground isn't shaped like a footy ground. It's quite fittingly shaped like a dildo.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Matthew Scarlett was interviewed on MMM a little while ago. He was entertaining. At the end they asked him who he admired growing up, or watched closely as a peer.
He said Silvagni and Wanganeen (his ability to win ground ball and rebound) and Leppitsch for his ability to help the team up the field without compromising his role.
He then said today's game he admired Rance and Franklin as both would get him through the gates to watch every week. Then said it's a shame Rance retired.
Clearly not everyone is salty down at the cattery.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Matthew Scarlett was interviewed on MMM a little while ago. He was entertaining. At the end they asked him who he admired growing up, or watched closely as a peer.
He said Silvagni and Wanganeen (his ability to win ground ball and rebound) and Leppitsch for his ability to help the team up the field without compromising his role.
He then said today's game he admired Rance and Franklin as both would get him through the gates to watch every week. Then said it's a shame Rance retired.
Clearly not everyone is salty down at the cattery.

Scarlo doesn't have to be salty, great player in a great side.

Obviously inst a sociopath either like some others down that way.

Good to see they haven't stopped whinging down there at Corio too.

Maybe Geesook, WestCoke and PortKochies can all gagf and sit out the rest of the season.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
If I were Geelong I'd be pushing to get every home game and every home final at my ground this year while the capacity issue is mute, as I would if I was a Melbourne club with a ground I'd rather play at like Carlton at Princes Park.

Be mad not to.

Sure, so Punt Rd (or the G) in the current context, just as valid as Geelong, as Frickenel posted. But everyone to play a home game followed alternately by an away game. With no exceptions i.e. any melbourne team to play down at Sleepy Hollow including Bummers and Pies making up for the decades of evasion, whereas we play Moggies at G or PR (whichever we choose) in recognition of having been forced down to the 'cattery' for years. The ground with the greatest HG advantage in the AFL, and also their training oval.
Thus, if we prefer to play them equivalently at PRO, our decision. Maybe we don't want them to get any more exposure to the G, where finals are played and GF.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Stuff Geelong.

That ground is so much narrower than every other afl ground. And while it has an official length and width, that doesn’t highlight the fact it isn’t even symmetrical. Hopeless dimensions for an afl standard ground. Carlton has a much better claim to play at Princes Park at least on basis of playing surface dimensions.
In fact, from a dimension viewpoint,
Princess Park - good
Punt Road - good
Glenferrie - bad
Kardinia Park - bad
Whitten Oval - good
Moorabbin - good
Victoria Park - good
Windy Hill - good

Waverley Park had more reason to remain as a ground. The population through that corridor exceeds Geelong’s significantly. Not that I’m claiming politics played a part but the Geelong supporting Bracks taking over from the Hawthorn supporting Kennett at the time of waverley’s demise and funds to Kardinia seems serendipitous for the cats (1999 Bracks wins. 2000 Waverley out. 2003 $28M government funding to Kardinia Park. That money to Waverley would have seen a pretty good stadium - and transport to Waverley while an issue, isn’t as bad as getting to and parking at Geelong)

So if cats are pushing for playing their home games in Geelong due to Corona isolation, then they can play hawks and blues at Princes Park, Saints at Moorabbin, Dogs at Whitten, bombers at Syringy Hill. . I’ll still take the G over punt road coz smart teams want to play where there GF is played.

For the nowadays long bow of distance - this is the only reason they hold on to this inappropriate venue. It’s not like they have to take the Cobb & Co to get to Melbourne in the 21st century. Sure, play the vfl and lower there. But afl? No.

Here’s some comparisons. Even Adelaide oval is wider.

Ground - length - width

UTAS Stadium - 175m - 145m

TIO Stadium - 175m - 135m

GMHBA Stadium - 170m - 116m

TIO Traeger Park - 168m - 132m

Adelaide Oval - 167m - 123m

Cazaly’s Stadium - 165m - 135m

Optus Stadium - 165m - 130m

Spotless Stadium - 164m - 128m

UNSW Canberra Oval - 162.5m - 138m

MCG - 161m - 138m

Jiangwan Stadium - 160m - 136m

Etihad Stadium - 160m - 129m

Mars Stadium - 160m - 129m

Blundstone Arena - 160m - 124m

Metricon Stadium - 158m - 134m

Gabba - 156m - 138m

SCG - 155m - 136m

So while Geelong are making noises about playing more games there, everyone else should be screaming NO MORE GAMES AT THAT DUD GROUND.
Cats can share Docklands.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Stuff Geelong.

That ground is so much narrower than every other afl ground. And while it has an official length and width, that doesn’t highlight the fact it isn’t even symmetrical. Hopeless dimensions for an afl standard ground. Carlton has a much better claim to play at Princes Park at least on basis of playing surface dimensions.
In fact, from a dimension viewpoint,
Princess Park - good
Punt Road - good
Glenferrie - bad
Kardinia Park - bad
Whitten Oval - good
Moorabbin - good
Victoria Park - good
Windy Hill - good

Waverley Park had more reason to remain as a ground. The population through that corridor exceeds Geelong’s significantly. Not that I’m claiming politics played a part but the Geelong supporting Bracks taking over from the Hawthorn supporting Kennett at the time of waverley’s demise and funds to Kardinia seems serendipitous for the cats (1999 Bracks wins. 2000 Waverley out. 2003 $28M government funding to Kardinia Park. That money to Waverley would have seen a pretty good stadium - and transport to Waverley while an issue, isn’t as bad as getting to and parking at Geelong)

So if cats are pushing for playing their home games in Geelong due to Corona isolation, then they can play hawks and blues at Princes Park, Saints at Moorabbin, Dogs at Whitten, bombers at Syringy Hill. . I’ll still take the G over punt road coz smart teams want to play where there GF is played.

For the nowadays long bow of distance - this is the only reason they hold on to this inappropriate venue. It’s not like they have to take the Cobb & Co to get to Melbourne in the 21st century. Sure, play the vfl and lower there. But afl? No.

Here’s some comparisons. Even Adelaide oval is wider.

Ground - length - width

UTAS Stadium - 175m - 145m

TIO Stadium - 175m - 135m

GMHBA Stadium - 170m - 116m

TIO Traeger Park - 168m - 132m

Adelaide Oval - 167m - 123m

Cazaly’s Stadium - 165m - 135m

Optus Stadium - 165m - 130m

Spotless Stadium - 164m - 128m

UNSW Canberra Oval - 162.5m - 138m

MCG - 161m - 138m

Jiangwan Stadium - 160m - 136m

Etihad Stadium - 160m - 129m

Mars Stadium - 160m - 129m

Blundstone Arena - 160m - 124m

Metricon Stadium - 158m - 134m

Gabba - 156m - 138m

SCG - 155m - 136m

So while Geelong are making noises about playing more games there, everyone else should be screaming NO MORE GAMES AT THAT DUD GROUND.
Cats can share Docklands.

No way The Telstra Dome is one metre shorter then the MCG.
Its about 10 metres shorter and 20 metres thinner.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

I know someone connected with our Club that even went out of thier way to e-mail them & suggest that if they want big Clubs down there then allocate a decent among of tix for thier fans & this will help your cause. they laughed at the idea so they can shove it!
For all the whingeing they do about home games they'd want to win them all otherwise it's just unjustified whingeing.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
So many of out old opponents in the game and the media cannot get their heads around the Tigers being good consistently. 2017 messed with their world view, but then when we went on with it in 18 and 19 they simply can’t comprehend it.
Fans of some Clubs seem annoyed that instead of laughing at us all the old jokes are now pointed at thier Clubs. Dogs fans were begging for us to miss the 8 in '18 so we'd be the "1 yr wonders" & not them.
After '18 i had one of them try that one on & when i pointed out that in 1 yr we had the same # of wins they had in 2 since thier flag they went very silent.

Reactions: 2 users