Let's have Richo play in the EJ Whitten Legends game!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let's have Richo play in the EJ Whitten Legends game!!

OzStick

Home Arcade Solutions
May 2, 2004
Melbourne
www.ozstick.com.au
I just posted this in another thread as an addition to the Rd1 tribute, but (masybe foolishly) I have decided to take it further.

Why don't we all email the mob that manage the EJ Whitten Legends Game and implore then to have Richo play in next year's game??? I just sent mine and I reckon if enough of us do so they may just approach The Great Man and invite him to be involved. If he WAS to play then they'd need to open the top tier at Eihad to cater for us all.........

Just go to their website and submit a message:
http://www.legendsgame.com.au/general/contact-us.php

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
If his hammy is OK for that, he can bloody well play for us.

Seriously, I'm sure he's top of their wishlist already.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
If he has the op now, he can use the Legends game as preparation for his comeback in 2011. :theyareontome

Tim Watson style. ;D

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Well Richo played tonight. I saw about 5 minutes in total. The biggest load of garbage the AFL has come up with yet.

An insult to EJ's memory.

Do it properly, or don't do it at all.

Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
YEah that was embarrassing and pretty much unwatchable. I got through 5 minutes which was probably 4 minutes more than most

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Well Richo played tonight. I saw about 5 minutes in total. The biggest load of garbage the AFL has come up with yet.

An insult to EJ's memory.

Do it properly, or don't do it at all.

Exactly. It’s unwatchable. I’m sure he would be stoked to know it’s become a Mickey Mouse game played on a rugby field.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They’re making a mockery out of wearing the BigV.
If that’s the best the AFL can come up with during the Bye, just get rid of it.
The fight of the fittest.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Same. Couldn’t get through five minutes of that. An embarrassment to EJ’s legacy. What on earth were they thinking?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I watched the last bit. Richo starred then managed to miss from directly in front to lose the game in the shootout when the pressure was on. Brings back fond memories.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I watched the last bit. Richo starred then managed to miss from directly in front to lose the game in the shootout when the pressure was on. Brings back fond memories.

As good as Richo was he was always the front/centre of the jokes brought towards the club.
Missing that goal just proved it.

B

Bill James

For the quiz night, Richo holds the record for the most accurate goal kicking season.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Exactly. It’s unwatchable. I’m sure he would be stoked to know it’s become a Mickey Mouse game played on a rugby field.

saw 3 minutes and changed channels, agreed it was totally garbage. The commentators were trying to bring excitement into the game. No tackles, no man on man, sorry if this is where this charity game is heading, I feel sorry for the organisers, people will not turn up.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
For those who watched, did Richo deliberately miss to keep in spirit of the game?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I watched 2 minutes of it & totally regret losing those 120 seconds of my life.

What a disgrace to E Js memory, I'm not sure if he's grave bound or in an urn, but either way he'd be doing 360 degree rotations in disbelief.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep. A pathetic attempt from Gestapo Gill to bring back that AFLX disease again?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The only way they could save the whitten game is to rename the VFL grand final.
The Whitten Trophy
Start the season first week in March
And play the reserves grand final in the bye at the Telstra dome.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Whiten state of origin.
Just pick the players who aren’t playing finals.