List Management Season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List Management Season

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Fly to coach Collingwood is the only part that offends me. He's too good for that shithole
No wonder we were so strong over the last 4 years with the likes of Rutten, Caracella, Leppa and Fly as assistant and development coaches.

Our assistant coaching depth is now thinner than Gilligan's harassment policy at AFL house and badly needs some quality additions.

Haven't heard anything good about any of Lonergan, McQualter and Clarke.

Reactions: 2 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Apparently Cerra wont go to Carlton if Lyon is coach (and that seems more likely now that Clarkson is out of the race).
If $$'s (not picks) that are the main obstacle, maybe he will move of the rumoured $750k.
I just think we should stay in the hunt.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Rendell in the Age today wrote that North should consider trading Cunnington. He is one I would be very happy to see at Punt Road for the right price.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In - Tarrant, highly likely.

Out , Astbury & Houli retired, Naish delisted, CJ traded, highly likely.

Eggmolesse-Smith is uncontracted, he showed a few good signs in the VFL this year, but with Stack, Dan Rioli and Mansell, but I think Egg is surplus to requirements.

Aarts if he wasn't contracted - 2022, would be another who could make room for another selection. We may have snookered ourselves a bit contracting him, he's a good honest player, but in RalphSmith, Cumberland, Castagna and MoJo we have a few of his type.

Will there be anymore delistings?

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Can't see much point keeping Eggy or Garthwaite.

DS
Would also punt Miller and Cumberland from the main list with the option to rookie them pending outcomes from the draft. Has Parker actually been re-contracted? Ridiculous if so.....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Would also punt Miller and Cumberland from the main list with the option to rookie them pending outcomes from the draft. Has Parker actually been re-contracted? Ridiculous if so.....
Can't believe they kept Parker while Cumberland is an unknown talent..
Parker Cathwaite Caddy Eggy should be gone.
Trade caddy to Stkilda they love caddys.
Retired Houli Astbury
Gone Naish Cathwaite Eggy Caddy
Thats 6, and Tarrant to come in.
4 new kids + senior ready to go.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I'd keep Miller and Cumberland, but, yep, Parker has another contract for 1 year I think. I figure they feel obliged but I don't know why we got him in the first place. Parker is ok, but not better than ok.

The squeeze on list sizes and salary cap are playing havoc with all teams and I reckon we, and other clubs, need to adapt and can no longer keep marginal players on the list. Mind you, I reckon the list sizes should be larger, they've gone too far, no room for depth and development.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
so gone are - Dave, Houli, Naish, Chol, Egg, and most likely CJ = 6 spots
we had +1 with Soldo out for Parker = 5 spots
Tarrant in = 4 spots
We currently have 7 picks - 7, 15, 26, 28, 38, 42, 47
Should gain an extra pick from North, unless we upgrade a pick in the deal. Most likely upgrade. Picks = 7.
Probably bundle 3 picks for either the dogs pick 23 or pies pick 27. Picks = 5.
We'll need to delist one or 2 more. Most likely Garth and one other.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
so gone are - Dave, Houli, Naish, Chol, Egg, and most likely CJ = 6 spots
we had +1 with Soldo out for Parker = 5 spots
Tarrant in = 4 spots
We currently have 7 picks - 7, 15, 26, 28, 38, 42, 47
Should gain an extra pick from North, unless we upgrade a pick in the deal. Most likely upgrade. Picks = 7.
Probably bundle 3 picks for either the dogs pick 23 or pies pick 27. Picks = 5.
We'll need to delist one or 2 more. Most likely Garth and one other.
Parker replaces Egg on the rookie list, so we have 5 spots with CJ out and Tarrant in assuming Garth is delisted and the remaining uncontracted players sign deals.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
So what the hell is going on with our list management? I understand that we’ve had to attempt to demote a couple of young fellas with the list sized being elastic. But what’s going on with Cumberland? Did we dump biggy on the sly? Did we genuinely try to demote them both to the rookie list and then get freaked by north’s tactics and relist Cumberland haphazardly? How many list spots do we actually have?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
So what the hell is going on with our list management? I understand that we’ve had to attempt to demote a couple of young fellas with the list sized being elastic. But what’s going on with Cumberland? Did we dump biggy on the sly? Did we genuinely try to demote them both to the rookie list and then get freaked by north’s tactics and relist Cumberland haphazardly? How many list spots do we actually have?
its fluid !!

Here are the list size rules for 2021 & 2022

Minimum 37 players all up on list
Maximum 44 players all up on list inc 2 Cat B
Minimum 36 & max 38 on main list
4-6 Cat A Rookies
2 Cat B Rookies

We currently have 36 on the list all up
We currently have 29 on the main list
We currently have 6 Cat A Rookies
We currently have 1 Cat B Rookie

Last year we went with
43 on the list all up
36 on the main list
6 Cat A Rookies
1 Cat B Rookie

PLUS we added Matt Parker as a replacement for Soldo who went onto the inactive list :vomitmore septic *smile* names - Should still be called the LTIL