LIST OF 35 ,WHO WOULD WE DROP OFF | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

LIST OF 35 ,WHO WOULD WE DROP OFF

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Everyone seems to be dropping off the lowest-earning players. Wouldn't a cut be on the basis of drastically reducing costs? If so I think a lot tougher measures in selecting who to be cut would have to be made.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Money, or the lack of it. It's not an obsession, it's a potential reality to reduce player payments.
It was being discussed well before the current issues with money. It’s one of the AFL’s hobby horses, along with tinkering with interchange, reducing the length of quarters and the amount of games played.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
It wont be just 9 off the list. The list would go to 35 and then at the end of that season you would need to find three more to delist to meet the drafting requirements. And that is not counting any additional delistings for trades

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
It wont be just 9 off the list. The list would go to 35 and then at the end of that season you would need to find three more to delist to meet the drafting requirements. And that is not counting any additional delistings for trades
There won’t be a draft , remember no Under comp this year so no draft . I think they will have to increase draft age and miss the draft this November. Clubs will trim lists

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Game Over.
How the AFL hasn't got enough money to survive 12 months without playing a game has me flked.
*Baddddd Management.
*Pissing money down the toilet.
*Thinking something like this will never happen.

Has Bradley been given the ass yet?
No need for stamp lickers during this time.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Game Over.
How the AFL hasn't got enough money to survive 12 months without playing a game has me flked.
*Baddddd Management.
*Pissing money down the toilet.
*Thinking something like this will never happen.

Has Bradley been given the ass yet?
No need for stamp lickers during this time.
Didnt you hear zips, they spent all the money on that succesful experiment AFLX. Money well spent

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I do shake my head.
Billion dollar sport with little cash reserves.
These chumps kept looking at how to spend the money instead of banking it.

As the old saying goes. The donkey has came home to roast.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Rance - Retire
Houli - Retire
Miller
Chol
English
Naish
Markov
Biggy
Ralphsmith
Aarts

DES, McIntosh & Turner are lucky. Those saying Nank have a screw loose

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
It's a good thing you guys aren't in charge of the game. What kind of CEO would simply let cash reserves build up making 1% interest?

While there's no doubt AFLX and AFLW are not aimed at our demographic, the AFL is not focusing on us, and nor should they be. We're already a customer and one that will decrease in value over the next little while. Their job is to grow the game, which means expand the audience. Debate the fiscal wisdom of AFLW all you like, but it will 100% be a money maker over time as women join clubs, watch games and drive up the value of both the men's and women's TV rights.

Likewise, AFLX was the right idea, maybe not the right time. There's absolutely value in developing a game that can be played anywhere. AFLX-like games are the dominant form here in the US. Even a small cut into the US sports TV market could generate decent revenues. Will everything work? No. Is it worth experimenting? For sure. Do the AFL give a *smile* if some 50 year old Richmond supporters like it or not - No way, couldn't care less, and nor should they.

Overall the AFL Executive has done a pretty great job over a long period of time. The game is in a good place.

Now would extra cash be handy right now? Sure. But they'll be able to borrow it (likely secured by the government), which is exactly where you should be as a company when interest rates are bugger-all. The idea that the AFL should have a couple of hundred million squirreled away for a rainy day is nonsense and I'm sure you guys know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Brad Sc
And...
The China experiment
Goal review system
Behaviour awareness security

Small change to the above, but still money spent on stupid ideas.
Add

Brad Scott
SHocking
Gil's exorbitant salary
Tying salaries to the TV rights - was always going to end badly

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
This has been on my mind for a while. If list sizes are reduced to around 35 as we have been hearing, who gets the chop? We have a lot of depth and we may have to let go players we don’t wanna let go.

And what happens to the draft this year? Personally I think this years draft should be chopped (or keep it to 2 rounds only) and we put the draft age up by a year.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The draft will go ahead. But I suspect the required number of selections might be reduced.

My guess on exits (how many needed to bring in 2 draftees?):

- Houli
- Rance
- Miller
- English
- Aarts
- Markov
- Chol

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The draft will go ahead. But I suspect the required number of selections might be reduced.

My guess on exits (how many needed to bring in 2 draftees?):

- Houli
- Rance
- Miller
- English
- Aarts
- Markov
- Chol

Hope they keep Aarts, he's got some tricks & talent. Might be the next Lambert type of developer.