LIST OF 35 ,WHO WOULD WE DROP OFF | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

LIST OF 35 ,WHO WOULD WE DROP OFF

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
My guess is that TPP and list reduction will occur over a two year period and bring all teams back to 35 players for the season commencing in 2022.
In a season demanding (TV) highlights the trade period and the draft of 18 year olds and others will go ahead this year, sometime after we take out our GF opponent!!
The position re contracted vs uncontracted.players will largely guide who goes over this time with strength and speed becoming even more important, (as Scott and co attempt to further change the game).
Maybe 2021 season 44-8+1 free agent and 2 draftees = 39 players
2022 season 39-7+3 draftees = 35 players.
The 2020 trade draft period might look like this,
Delisted 8. Aarts, English, Garthwaite, Houli retired, Markov, Miller, Nankervis traded for pick up grade, and Turner. (Rance returning, Houli rather selflessly deciding to retire and Turner desperately unlucky to miss).
And the 2021 trade/draft like this,
Delisted 7. Cotchin and Higgins retired, Broad and McIntosh traded for pick up grades and Egglemont-Smith, Naish both unlucky, and one of last years draftees, all delisted.
We are in a very strong position but it seems clear from Scott’s interview yesterday, that the AFL is intent on rewriting the rules yet again and cutting the length of the game and increasing the size of the bench.
What will be needed are incredibly hard and fast players, who can use the ball under pressure.
Expect us to seek Degoey who becomes a free agent this year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
To make this year even.
Martin jack Cotchin Prestia & castagna should all stand down to give the other 17 teams a chance.
I reckon we would still finish top 4