Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Driving annoys me full stop.

So many *smile*s on the road who only care about themselves and not everyone else on the road.

* People at the lights in the right turning lane who take forever to get around causing me to miss the lights
* People sneaking up the inside lane when the traffic is banked up and pushing infront
* *smile*s on Dandenong Road driving 60km a hour when the speed limit is 70
* Morons on the freeway who have to slow down to have a sticky beak at an accident which then holds everyone else up
* *smile*wits who put their right hand indicators on at the last minute
* My neighbours who use up two parking spaces out the front of my house for one car, forcing me to park halfway down the street

Thank christ I don't spend too much time in my car.
Can empathise with all those - obviously your neighbours have never upset me though

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Pedantic but.
People in petrol stations, particularly when it is really busy and they are queuing up just so they can park with the fuel tank on the same side as the nozzle. Hey guess what. You can fill your car from either side. The nozzles are about 2m for a reason.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
* Cold mornings.... when your in bed and you don't wanna get up for work.

* People who like Harry Potter and Twilight.

* Any of the Kardashians.

* Cars that have rims that are more expensive than the car.

* Survey phone calls.

* In store self checkout.

* Public toilet urinal conversations.

* First dates.

* Bogans.

* Racism.

* ppl dat typ or txt lyk dis.

* Slow walkers.

* Getting asked....."Are you asleep?" when you clearly are.

* People who talk while they're eating.

* Justin Beiber.

* When someone takes your parking spot right in front of you.

* People with more money than you.

* When I miss at the toilet.

* People who say lmao when their asses are still in place.

* Planking

I could go on....

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Driving annoys me full stop.

So many *smile*s on the road who only care about themselves and not everyone else on the road.

* People at the lights in the right turning lane who take forever to get around causing me to miss the lights
* People sneaking up the inside lane when the traffic is banked up and pushing infront
* *smile*s on Dandenong Road driving 60km a hour when the speed limit is 70
* Morons on the freeway who have to slow down to have a sticky beak at an accident which then holds everyone else up
* *smile*wits who put their right hand indicators on at the last minute
* My neighbours who use up two parking spaces out the front of my house for one car, forcing me to park halfway down the street

Thank christ I don't spend too much time in my car.

There is a solution for those that sneak up on the inside and jump the queue and it comes in the unlikely form of parked cars on the kerb. When an "insider" sees a parked car ahead they instinctively hit the gas to try to get around you using momentum. As a rule i wait until a parked car comes into view then back off the gas a bit to give the insider a false sense of confidence... now as the insider disappears from the rear view mirror so they're just in the blind spot i'll accelerate rapidly (but within the limit) and slam the overtaking window shut! The insider has no alternative but to hit the brakes and wait until dozens of cars pass before they can rejoin the flow, by now the insider realises that they've lost all the spaces they stole off honest drivers and usually pull their head after being taught a lesson. Executing such a tactic does require a good knowledge of the road, what your car is capable of and who your opposition is, but it's best suited against P-plater insiders who tailgate. In football it's selling the dummy, in soccer you could call it a kevin muscat special.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Jukes Extended said:
* First dates.

* ppl dat typ or txt lyk dis.
Can't agree with first dates, they're tops. The trepidation, the thrills, spills and lies! I loved em, or at least I used to.

Text speak truly does annoy me. "R u ok... c u l8? - No, you will not.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Jukes Extended said:
* Public toilet urinal conversations.

* When I miss at the toilet.

I hate the repulsive smell coming from male urinals.  Maybe stand a little bit closer Jukes.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
People who hit the breaks when they see a speed camera, even when they're doing the limit, or in some cases, less.

Just check ya bloody speedo first.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
RfC77 said:
There is a solution for those that sneak up on the inside and jump the queue and it comes in the unlikely form of parked cars on the kerb. When an "insider" sees a parked car ahead they instinctively hit the gas to try to get around you using momentum. As a rule i wait until a parked car comes into view then back off the gas a bit to give the insider a false sense of confidence... now as the insider disappears from the rear view mirror so they're just in the blind spot i'll accelerate rapidly (but within the limit) and slam the overtaking window shut! The insider has no alternative but to hit the brakes and wait until dozens of cars pass before they can rejoin the flow, by now the insider realises that they've lost all the spaces they stole off honest drivers and usually pull their head after being taught a lesson. Executing such a tactic does require a good knowledge of the road, what your car is capable of and who your opposition is, but it's best suited against P-plater insiders who tailgate. In football it's selling the dummy, in soccer you could call it a kevin muscat special.

Love this, the skill is all in allowing the offender to think you're a dozy driver that they can "beat". Depending on their ability and the focus of the driver behind you, they will often just push in behind you. And I'd love to think they will be taught a lesson by the event but sadly they are likely serial offenders.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
RfC77 said:

Yep I like this. Unfortunately a lot of the time they will cut in in front of cars that are in front of me. Still, this is a tactic, though it may test my 15 year old Lancer!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
More makes me angry than annoyed but I cannot abide cruelty to animals

It's awful that a dog was allowed to become so obese.

554086-sampson-obese-dog.jpg

Link

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Some of my pet hates.

1. When my kids wear my socks.

I wouldn't mind so much except that they never pair them up, so when they wear my socks they wear socks from two pairs, not one. Then I might ask them to put the rubbish out or perform some other innocuous, perfectly straight-forward task. They will have been walking around the house in their socks (actually, my socks, from two different pairs, no less). After the obligatory mouthful of cheek, they reluctantly agree to take the rubbish out, sans shoes, walk through any mud in the vicinity and scrape my socks on the concrete path, thus prematurely wearing out the socks and making them grimy, which will never wash out, leaving them grey, furry and about to go into holes. Two pairs of socks, ruined, just like that. Shoulda put the mother-lovin' rubbish out myself!

2. When someone says something like: "I was literally going out of my mind." They usually mean that they were metaphorically going out of their mind.

3. People who take forever to fill up at the bowser.

You know the type. They are usually female and will wait for the bowser that is on the same side of their car as the fuel cap. Then they stop at the back bowser instead of the front one because they want E10, not unleaded. They fart around for a couple more minutes before getting out of the car and eventually fill their tank. When finished, they dive back into the car, looking for their hand-bag, read a few text messages, reply to them and find a petrol voucher. Once, I was even approached by an attractive young lady who asked if I could lend her one of mine. Luckily for her, I am a perfect gentleman. Once inside, they decide to do half their grocery shopping for the week before finally lining up to pay for their petrol.

I'm sure there a many more.

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
Azza said:
Had one this morning.

Pulled-up to a traffic light. There are 3 lanes, with the left one merging with the middle straight after the lights. I stop in the middle, and another car comes in after me and stops in the left land that's ending. When the lights change, the car in the left (a heavy old stationwagon) floors it to get past me to take the lane. Fine, go for it. But then, as soon as they're in the merged lane, they take their foot off the peddle and start doing 65-70km/h in an 80 km/h zone. I get stuck behind them with cars streaming past on my right.

When I quitely express my disapproval by a flash of the lights, they hand signal something along the lines of 'What's your problem?'

How about a bit of awareness and consideration peabrain!?!?

Haha mate, that is hilarious.... I have also had the exact opposite.... There is a 2 lane road on my way to work that, as it approaches a set of lights, goes into 3 for about 200 metres, then merges back in (totally stupid in the first place).... But I was stuck behind 2 cars literally hovering side by side each other for maybe 4 minutes... They were going MUCH slower than the limit too.. It's a habit for cars to do 60 on this 80 road...

Anyway, finally we are coming up to that set of lights and have to stop, and I have NEVER used that tiny 3rd lane before because it ends immediately and it just causes problems.. But in this case, I had been stuck for a LONG time and here I could just go for it for 5 second, be in front, and relax again...

The light goes green, and within 3 or 4 seconds this dumb b*tch (sorry ladies) is doing 80.. She'd done 60 for the last 5 or 6 k's, but now I had a chance to get around, she wanted to floor it... By this point the lane had ended, but no way am I getting back behind this lady after how long I waited to get in front.. and out of principle... NINETY FIVE k's I had to do to edge in front of her.......

If i'd just been greedy and wanted to get around her car then sometimes I would accept someone now wanting to be overtaken.. Especially if they've had experiences like yours... But she knew she'd held me back behind her for k's and k's... Just give up the LEAD!!!

Some people just want to be at the front at all costs, then once it's done, they go to sleep..... Same with cars which hold you up on the freeway... They always seem to add on 10 to 20 k's when you want to get past them... An annoying aspect of human nature...

Anyway, I do want this topic to be about more than traffic as a couple of have already posted.... It's just funny that traffic brings out the worst in human nature and stupidity and personality so it's probably the most frustrating place to be....

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
More makes me angry than annoyed but I cannot abide cruelty to animals

It's awful that a dog was allowed to become so obese.

554086-sampson-obese-dog.jpg

Link

I'm with you there Rosy... The scary part as well is, some dogs you actually need a license to own, but ANY old moron can have a child....

That is something that really makes me mad, is hearing how many children are living in the WORST circumstances... Their child services case worker has about 100 cases piled on their desk, and a spokesperson for the place WILL NOT admit that the system is a failure or has problems..

Politics of leaders not having the option of admitting that their department can't do their job....

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nothing and i mean nothing *smile* me to tears more than imbeciles crossing at the lights when the man is RED FFS making traffic have to stop for them, also people usually teens crossing the road and deliberately walking slowly and looking at you so you have to slow down or stop, ive delivered many a spray over the years to these clowns.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
craig said:
Nothing and i mean nothing sh!ts me to tears more than imbeciles crossing at the lights when the man is RED FFS making traffic have to stop for them, also people usually teens crossing the road and deliberately walking slowly and looking at you so you have to slow down or stop, ive delivered many a spray over the years to these clowns.

:hihi

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
craig said:
Nothing and i mean nothing sh!ts me to tears more than imbeciles crossing at the lights when the man is RED FFS making traffic have to stop for them, also people usually teens crossing the road and deliberately walking slowly and looking at you so you have to slow down or stop, ive delivered many a spray over the years to these clowns.

Yep. Generally at busy intersections when only 2 or 3 cars can get around the corner. Am always surprised no one gets hit doing this. Just a little nudge would wake them from their selfishness.

rokin.tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 8, 2007
Punt Road
One thing that really annoys me is when people (my nextdoor neighbours) chainsaw, hammer and re-construct their backyard on a saturday morning. Can't they wait til lunchtime when normal people wake up on weekends? It sucks that my bedroom is right next to their fence. grrrrrr