Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RfC77 said:
There is a solution for those that sneak up on the inside and jump the queue and it comes in the unlikely form of parked cars on the kerb. When an "insider" sees a parked car ahead they instinctively hit the gas to try to get around you using momentum. As a rule i wait until a parked car comes into view then back off the gas a bit to give the insider a false sense of confidence... now as the insider disappears from the rear view mirror so they're just in the blind spot i'll accelerate rapidly (but within the limit) and slam the overtaking window shut! The insider has no alternative but to hit the brakes and wait until dozens of cars pass before they can rejoin the flow, by now the insider realises that they've lost all the spaces they stole off honest drivers and usually pull their head after being taught a lesson. Executing such a tactic does require a good knowledge of the road, what your car is capable of and who your opposition is, but it's best suited against P-plater insiders who tailgate. In football it's selling the dummy, in soccer you could call it a kevin muscat special.

I do virtually the same when a hoon turns up behind me on a 2 lane road. Looking back in the rear view mirror, the hoon tailgates me so I slow down, the hoon sways left but can't overpass me because another car is in front of him (and me) on the left lane, and in this instance, I speed up a bit so that the other car's right back corner and my car's left front corner come close together which blocks the hoon from swaying in front of me. Love it.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
rokin.tiger said:
One thing that really annoys me is when people (my nextdoor neighbours) chainsaw, hammer and re-construct their backyard on a saturday morning. Can't they wait til lunchtime when normal people wake up on weekends? It sucks that my bedroom is right next to their fence. grrrrrr

Now we're cooking.

Here's a story about something I am not so proud of. About fifteen years ago, a neighbour that I didn't know that well came round on a Saturday afternoon and said he was having a big bash for his 30th, it might get a bit noisy in the early evening because he had an Elvis impersonator performing at 10 pm but not to worry, it wouldn't get out of hand. No problem, we said.

Famous last words. It was a stinking hot night and they spent the rest of the afternoon setting up megadecibel sound equipment in his back yard, pretty much directed straight at our place. The Elvis clone gave his performance at 10 and that was fine. Things went quiet after that, we put the kids to bed and everything was hunky dorey for a while.

At around midnight, they decided that seeing the sound equipment was already in place, woundn't a bit of Karaoke be a great idea? By two o'clock it was annoying the crap out of everyone. At three o'clock I finally cracked it and called the local constables, who basically said, get in line, we have had a number of complaints and have spoken to them twice already.

At 6 am we were still awake, listening to drunken renditions of American Pie. At 8 am I got up, tired and grumpy, with a grumpy wife and three grumpy kids. I looked out into their back yard and saw about 20 people sleeping in the open on the lawn, no doubt the party die-hards from the night before.

I walked out to the shed, got my lawnmower, placed it carefully next to the common fence, started it up and let it buzz there until it ran out of petrol.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
TOT70 said:
Here's a story about something I am not so proud of.

Wouldn't worry - seems like a pretty appropriate response I reckon.

Should have added the whipper snipper and leaf blower to the chorus.

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
TOT70 said:
Now we're cooking.

Here's a story about something I am not so proud of. About fifteen years ago, a neighbour that I didn't know that well came round on a Saturday afternoon and said he was having a big bash for his 30th, it might get a bit noisy in the early evening because he had an Elvis impersonator performing at 10 pm but not to worry, it wouldn't get out of hand. No problem, we said.

Famous last words. It was a stinking hot night and they spent the rest of the afternoon setting up megadecibel sound equipment in his back yard, pretty much directed straight at our place. The Elvis clone gave his performance at 10 and that was fine. Things went quiet after that, we put the kids to bed and everything was hunky dorey for a while.

At around midnight, they decided that seeing the sound equipment was already in place, woundn't a bit of Karaoke be a great idea? By two o'clock it was annoying the crap out of everyone. At three o'clock I finally cracked it and called the local constables, who basically said, get in line, we have had a number of complaints and have spoken to them twice already.

At 6 am we were still awake, listening to drunken renditions of American Pie. At 8 am I got up, tired and grumpy, with a grumpy wife and three grumpy kids. I looked out into their back yard and saw about 20 people sleeping in the open on the lawn, no doubt the party die-hards from the night before.

I walked out to the shed, got my lawnmower, placed it carefully next to the common fence, started it up and let it buzz there until it ran out of petrol.

The bass is the worst part... And obviously drunk guests who couldn't give too sh!ts about neighbors and find it amusing to turn the volume up a notch or two every time they walk past the stereo...

But a bass sound wave is like 30 feet wide.. So they would barely notice in their house if it was half what it was,,, but with it's loudest peak hitting right about the middle of your lounge or bedroom, it's kind of a good thing we don't have a gun in our house like the Yanks... No wonder they have a about a million shootings every year... Even a calm person can be pushed to their limit by bad neighbors...

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Phone not on silent in the cinema
Emo's
Parents swearing at / treating their kids like sh!t in public
Watching parents spend $20 on a pack of smokes and telling their kids they can't afford to by them a drink/lollies/chips/ or whatever
Girls wearing clothes two sizes to small
Parents dressing their primary school age daughters like sl**s

I guess crap parenting in general pisses me off. So many off our next generation are in a lot of trouble because their parents have no idea.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
When you're out running and a car pulls out of its driveway and stops right in front of you, stopping you in your tracks.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Stupid scheduling by Metro . Why would you have a Glen Waverley train half full leave 10 minutes after the game finished on Saturday from Richmond station and then have a Lilydale , Belgrave and then Upper Ferntree Gully trains all come before the next Glen Waverley train from platform 9 or 10 ? Then have 2 Glen Waverley trains come within 5 minutes of each other , the second of which was also half full and the first bursting at the seams because they didn't announce that another one was coming shortly !

Is it that hard ?

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Lol, yeah I might have sounded a bit wowserish. Let's clarify and so i don't mind the size 8-12 girls doing it, above size 16 not so much.