Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
1,748
545
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Airlines playing news on drop down tv screens on domestic flights. Most flights have plenty of kids on board, I always have to get them to not watch and take headphones from them. Thankfully most planes have iPads now. And radio stations news services are the same being filled with nothing but murder, rape, abduction....young children don't need to be exposed to such things. I don't have my kids watching any news on tv, nor listening to radio news services. They'd think we live in a world full of murderers and rapists.

I can't imagine what watching the 6.00pm news must do to primary school aged children.

Does anyone here let their young kids watch the news?

No chance. I let them watch a bit of Netflix, a few music videos on YouTube, but no FTA (mainly because of the ads). They'll learn what a f'ed up world we live in in due course, for now, they can just be kids.
 

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
4,361
39
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
People who need to swing out to make a left-hand turn. Catch the bus.

Those from the Left always swing.

Dont tell me it was a woman in a black SUV
 

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
25,220
4,603
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
People who need to swing out to make a left-hand turn. Catch the bus.
Yep, more prevalent when they’re performing a u turn at the lights and they have to slow riiigghhhttt down, swing out and then go. Just to make sure they’ve decreased the time for everyone else to get around....
 

JoMamma

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2004
144
5
DavidSSS said:
Hey, we got there first, Aussie Rules predates Association Football, they can suck it up.

DS
Eton College documented the first set of football rules in 1815, followed by other schools with their own rules.
Association Football brings these different rules together as one uniform set of football rules.

Football pre-dates our local game....
 

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
2,659
418
TT33 said:
People calling Soccer football. >:D :help
People who generically call the entire sport of Australian Rules Football, "AFL". As in, "The kids were playing AFL in the street on Sunday afternoon." Sorry, unless they've been drafted to one of 18 clubs that form the most elite league in the sport of 'Australian Rules Football', no they weren't playing "AFL".

That would be like me generically calling the sport of Rugby League, "NRL". Or American football, "NFL", no matter what level someone plays those particular sports at.
 

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
4,825
1,645
Melbourne
JoMamma said:
Eton College documented the first set of football rules in 1815, followed by other schools with their own rules.
Association Football brings these different rules together as one uniform set of football rules.

Football pre-dates our local game....


And they were the first to call it Soccer.
 

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
52,350
3,466
Panthera Tigris said:
That would be like me generically calling the sport of Rugby League, "NRL". Or American football, "NFL", no matter what level someone plays those particular sports at.

Funny thing about these is that most of the motions aren't by 'foot'.
 

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
6,022
7,392
Melbourne
JoMamma said:
Eton College documented the first set of football rules in 1815, followed by other schools with their own rules.
Association Football brings these different rules together as one uniform set of football rules.

Football pre-dates our local game....

First soccer club: 1862
First Australian Rules Club: 1858
Soccer Rules codified: 1863
Australian Rules codified: 1858

Not much pre-dating going on there.

If you want to claim the earlier versions of the game I have one word for you: Marngrook.

Face it, they got their act together later. Lots of schools had different versions of a football type game, one even involved picking the ball up and running (some school starting with R maybe??).

We was first, oldest regular game in the world is the Cordner Eggleston Cup and guess what, it's Australian Rules.

DS
 

JoMamma

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2004
144
5
DavidSSS said:
First soccer club: 1862
First Australian Rules Club: 1858
Soccer Rules codified: 1863
Australian Rules codified: 1858

Not much pre-dating going on there.

If you want to claim the earlier versions of the game I have one word for you: Marngrook.

Face it, they got their act together later. Lots of schools had different versions of a football type game, one even involved picking the ball up and running (some school starting with R maybe??).

We was first, oldest regular game in the world is the Cordner Eggleston Cup and guess what, it's Australian Rules.

DS

Australian Rules in 1863 that was played over three weekends? That ended 1-1? Doesnt sound like the Australian Rules that we've grown up with.
 

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
29,568
4,702
Melbourne
JoMamma said:
Australian Rules in 1863 that was played over three weekends? That ended 1-1? Doesnt sound like the Australian Rules that we've grown up with.

The descendants of Ross Lyon and Paul Roos may have been coaching.
 

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
6,022
7,392
Melbourne
JoMamma said:
Australian Rules in 1863 that was played over three weekends? That ended 1-1? Doesnt sound like the Australian Rules that we've grown up with.

Of course not, the AFL has had 160 years to stuff around with the rules, it's a wonder we still have a ball vaguely the same shape we started with (maybe I shouldn't give them ideas?).

DS