Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
I think if even 10% of people here have a temperament like me, this topic will be a winner.. And a good place to get something off your chest at the end of the day..

My theme on this occasion.. Road rage...

I have an endless list of things that people do on the road that drive me nuts... But 99% of the time I can calm myself down and bite my tounge and just half ignore it, half prevent myself from spontaneously combustion..

But one thing that just equals instantaneous, uncontrollable explosion every time for me, is when another car does something wrong, and actually toots or abuses me because they somehow think i'm at fault...

Tonight's example.. I am on a two lane road heading into a round about.. I'm in the right lane and get to the front of the queue, and i'm planning on going straight through. To the left there is a train crossing about 80 meters away, and by the time I get to the roundabout, all of the cars have queued up at the train crossing and are now coming back into the round about. A car comes around the round about and pulls up at the back of it's traffic, just in front of the left hand lane next to me.. So they are totally blocked off. But i've got room to go through. I look at the traffic directly off to my right, and they aren't entering the round about as they know they can't continue on straight without clogging the whole thing up... I look over to the opposite corner (cars coming opposite direction to me) and there is a car taking off to go straight (no indicator).... So i'm like, I can go now... I start to go, just carefully to miss the back of the car parked in the round about to my left, and as I get right behind it, I hear a long toot.... WTF i'm thinking,,, and look to my right, and see this VW beetle right beside me with a girl driving and a guy in the passenger side (immasculated anyone?) and they are both waving their arms about.....

Instant pure rage from me!!!! Firstly when I started to go, they were on the opposite corner of the round about only just entering it themselves... Two, they weren't even indicating at any time yet still expected I should know they are going to come around. and THREEEEE - The only place for them to go where I was taking up, was parked right across ANOTHER lane entering the round about, hence they would be clogging up BOTH lanes from entering.....

Yet the toot and abuse me.... ???

The rage !!!!!

Well, that's my venting for now... feel free to add any of the little things that annoy you... and enjoy :)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I see too much of this when driving.

Driving home Saturday night after the Bummers match, hoonhead tailgating a car in front of mine on a 60kmh road with two lanes going north and oncoming traffic on the two lanes going south.

The a-hole couldn't resist so he sways onto the oncoming traffic lane and speeds passed the taligated car and sways back in to the proper lane going north. Very close to a disaster in the making.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Roundabout rules have got to be some of the most abused out there. I get infuriated by people giving way to other cars that aren't even on the round-about yet.

My ex mother-in-law had a classic. She pulled up behind another car at some lights on an uphill incline. She watched in a kind of stunned shock as the car in front slowly started rolling back and bumped into the front of her car. The woman in front got out, and my mother-in-law expected her to apologise, but instead the front car's driver gave her an earful for rear-ending her!

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
First, I am in Denmark so consider I am driving on the right side of the road.

I am approaching an intersection on a road where there are two lanes going each way, intending to go straight through. I use this intersection alot and I happen to know that the right lane has an arrow painted on it saying right turn only. The left lane has one of those split arrows indicating straight on or left turn only. Because I am going straight through, I take the left lane and go through the intersection.

Immediately after this, I pull into the car park of the shop I was going to. A bloke gets out of the car next to me and tells me off for using the left hand turn only lane. I have to admit he was very polite about it, and he made it clear he was not getting on my case, he just wanted to be sure I did not make the same mistake next time. He sounded so sure of himself that I began to doubt my knowledge of the intersection.

I politely told him that I was pretty sure it was as I understood and not as he did. We basically agreed to disagree and parted ways.

On the way back, I went and checked it and I was right. What a pr!ck! Fancy going out of your way to correct a total stranger without being absolutely sure of your facts! I wish I had noted his number plates in case I ever run into hm again.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Whilst on driving this doesn't so much annoy me as scare me . The way some large trucks and semi trailers drive on the Monash Freeway between Burke Road and the City just has to be seen to be believed sometimes . I constantly get amazed that whilst I am sitting doing 80K or thereabouts some pinhead is flying along at 90k in a 20 tonne missile 2 metres behind some scared witless P plater in a Toyota corolla .
I reckon the police need to sit on that freeway and just take down number plates of these prunes and fine them big time .
I hate being tailgated which comes from having been hit heavily from behind once but when its a truck or a semi trailer is really makes my blood boil.

Reactions: 1 user

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
I'm looking forward to video cameras being standard in the front and back of cars to be used as evidence in accidents, and to be able to be used to dob-in dangerous drivers.

rokin.tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 8, 2007
Punt Road
In all honesty I know my fellow p players have a bad rap but not all of us are hoons!! I for one cannot afford fines and accidents etc so I avoid the dangerous stuff. Although day in day out I cop full licensed drivers cutting me off, slamming their breaks unexpectedly, not indicating in advance to turn, oh the list goes on. I thought with experience came knowledge obviously not.

Roundabout rules don't even exist anymore. Well not in the northern suburbs. The amount of times I'd be going through one and the lane that should be giving way to me just comes in front and I'm expected to slam my breaks and hope for the best.

My biggest pet peeve is drivers unsuccessfully timing the distance a car is at. If their not sure they should bloody well stay pit until I pass. The next car that pulls into my lane when I'm full speed and they don't speed up I'm going to ram them so hard they wish they were never born. I'm so sick of having to slam my breaks and disrupt the flow of traffic because some imbossile is either impatient or has no sense of distance.

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
rokin.tiger said:
In all honesty I know my fellow p players have a bad rap but not all of us are hoons!! I for one cannot afford fines and accidents etc so I avoid the dangerous stuff. Although day in day out I cop full licensed drivers cutting me off, slamming their breaks unexpectedly, not indicating in advance to turn, oh the list goes on. I thought with experience came knowledge obviously not.

Roundabout rules don't even exist anymore. Well not in the northern suburbs. The amount of times I'd be going through one and the lane that should be giving way to me just comes in front and I'm expected to slam my breaks and hope for the best.

My biggest pet peeve is drivers unsuccessfully timing the distance a car is at. If their not sure they should bloody well stay pit until I pass. The next car that pulls into my lane when I'm full speed and they don't speed up I'm going to ram them so hard they wish they were never born. I'm so sick of having to slam my breaks and disrupt the flow of traffic because some imbossile is either impatient or has no sense of distance.

Mate i'm in my car at least 3 hours every day (not that much compared to some I admit), but I see 100's of dumb things a day, and honestly about 2% of them are P platers... The rest are adults who are 30+ years old.....

At least with the hoon P Platers you know what you are getting.. A guy who wants to do 30 more k's than everyone else... It's because they are young, in a rush, and havn't learnt the consequences if something goes wrong while they are driving like that..

The real problems are the adults who HAVVVE learnt all the road rules, and have chosen which ones to do away with.... Honestly i'm starting to think people believe indicators are optional now. Keep left unless overtaking is a joke! Don't even get me started on that rule...

Being stuck behind a car who's overtaking for 3 minutes... How long is a car? 4 metres? It takes them 3 minutes to move forward 4 meters.. Yet now they are passed them, over the next 20 seconds they've put 400 meters between them and the car they were holding you up beside, and you've gotta kill your engine to get past them... That's my second most infuriating act by people on the road.. Hold you up as much as possible (fine you don't want to break the speed limit so you are permanently stuck beside a car.. I almost accept that), but then floor it when you have open road in front of you and a car wants to pass you... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm with you on cars pulling into your lane without judging yours, or their speed.... They always seem to wait until you get real close too.. Making it even more of a breaking matter for your car... Then you check behind and there is nothing... They could wait another 5 seconds, you go sailing past them, they move over to overtake... But instead they jump in front of you, and hold you up for 2 minutes.... 5 seconds, 2 minutes.... It's just a matter of manners really... Or common sense... Both of which there seems to be very little of out there...

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
Azza said:
I'm looking forward to video cameras being standard in the front and back of cars to be used as evidence in accidents, and to be able to be used to dob-in dangerous drivers.

I have been giving SERIOUS consideration to doing this myself!!

After overtaking a truck who was in the left lane (double lane road, me in the right), observing it had nothing in front of it, moving over in front of it to the left, only to find a car had overtaken the same truck to the left of it,,, IN THE EMERGENCY LANE, we collide exactly half in that lane, and IIIIIIII end up being the one hit with a $350 fine for not head checking before changing lanes,,,, you have to make your own evidence...

Mandatory camera's in all cars will be a glorious day!

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I don't think this thread is limited to driving issues ... here's one of my key pet hates ....

Don't know about Australia, but here in Denmark, when paying with a credit card in supermarkets, it is common practice to ask to be billed for more than what your groceries are worth and have the remainder paid back in cash. What really annoys me is when the customer ahead of me has a bill for, say 256.75 kroner, and they ask the attendant to "take it up to 500", which means "bill my card for 500 kr and give me 243,25 back in cash".

How stupid is that? The poor attendant has to count out 243,25 kroner in cash. Isn't it a damn site easier to just say "Can I have 200 over", which means your card gets hit for 456,75 and you get 200 kr which they can hand over in a jiffy. What difference does it make if the numbers on your credit card statement are round figures or not?

Believe it or not, I have had arguments with people who either don't understand the difference or can only understand their finances if the entries on their statement are big round numbers.

Actually some of the supermarkets have gotten wise to this and now insist on a "round number over" rather than "take it up to a round number".

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
Clueless drivers who fail to indicate when changing lanes or turning.. a daily occurrence. Should be punished with a minimum 10 demerit points and a fine of several thousand dollars - why such a harsh penalty? Because unless such drastic measures are taken, many drivers will continue to think that indicators are an optional extra.

High speeds + ignorance = impending disaster

rokin.tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 8, 2007
Punt Road
RfC77 said:
Clueless drivers who fail to indicate when changing lanes or turning.. a daily occurrence. Should be punished with a minimum 10 demerit points and a fine of several thousand dollars - why such a harsh penalty? Because unless such drastic measures are taken, many drivers will continue to think that indicators are an optional extra.

High speeds + ignorance = impending disaster

The worst in peek hour traffic on a main road!!!! To all delinquents who wish to turn into some rubbish little street off a main road as im on my way to work, indicate in advance!!!! If there's houses, atleast 2-3 hours prior to the street is the standard distance.

Worst is when people slow down randomly then indicate AS they turn? what the f is that?? no wonder there are so many accidents.

rokin.tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 8, 2007
Punt Road
Another pet peeve, trust me i have many.

Customers who don't believe what im telling them.

If we dont have the stock in we dont have it!!!!! Why would i lie and miss out on making budget/sales and waste my time searching for it.

Working in retail oh my god. The people i come across really.

I work in a jewellery store.

A lady and her husband pick out a chain with pendant in the cabinet. They like it, its a cheap price for a gold item.
I check the tag, oh sorry its actually sterling silver but due to being in here for a while the heat of the lights and the dust has got to it, let me clean it for you!

Oh no, says the couple, leave it as is, the girl we are buying for likes gold.
But its not gold i proclaim, if they clean it, they will soon find out its ss.

Oh doesnt matter.
??? whats wrong with this worldddd

if someone gave me a gold looking chain which turned out to be silver id be pretty pissed, and think what cheap skates.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
Driving annoys me full stop.

So many dickheads on the road who only care about themselves and not everyone else on the road.

* People at the lights in the right turning lane who take forever to get around causing me to miss the lights
* People sneaking up the inside lane when the traffic is banked up and pushing infront
* Dickheads on Dandenong Road driving 60km a hour when the speed limit is 70
* Morons on the freeway who have to slow down to have a sticky beak at an accident which then holds everyone else up
* *smile* who put their right hand indicators on at the last minute
* My neighbours who use up two parking spaces out the front of my house for one car, forcing me to park halfway down the street

Thank christ I don't spend too much time in my car.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Had one this morning.

Pulled-up to a traffic light. There are 3 lanes, with the left one merging with the middle straight after the lights. I stop in the middle, and another car comes in after me and stops in the left land that's ending. When the lights change, the car in the left (a heavy old stationwagon) floors it to get past me to take the lane. Fine, go for it. But then, as soon as they're in the merged lane, they take their foot off the peddle and start doing 65-70km/h in an 80 km/h zone. I get stuck behind them with cars streaming past on my right.

When I quitely express my disapproval by a flash of the lights, they hand signal something along the lines of 'What's your problem?'

How about a bit of awareness and consideration peabrain!?!?