Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Over use of the word surreal.

I don't think it came into widespread use until this century may even this decade, now it seems any slightly unusual experience is mandatorily described with the s word.

(Latest occurrence was in a news article about bowel cancer, maybe that does qualify)

E

easy_tiger

22nd Man said:
Over use of the word surreal.

My daughter described an experience as

'Literally, so surreal'

The other day.

She laughed when i replied

'You cant have it both ways my darling girl'

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hate how there'e a law for some, and another law for others.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/former-staffer-to-afp-police-commissioner-avoids-jail-over-fraud/10746902

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It annoys me when it's cold in summer :D

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/observations/perth.shtml?ref=hdr

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigerman said:
It annoys me when it's cold in summer :D

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/observations/perth.shtml?ref=hdr

Yeah it's such a bastard. At least we're getting 46 degrees here. That's a proper summer ;D

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
willo said:
Yeah it's such a bastard. At least we're getting 46 degrees here. That's a proper summer ;D
You get a bit hotter then we do Willo, however I think most days have been over 40 here for the past 3 weeks , pretty much ranged from 38-45 , can’t remember having it so hot for so long without a break here

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
People Americanising or language by saying or writing “anyways” instead of “anyway”.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigerman said:
I hate how there'e a law for some, and another law for others.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/former-staffer-to-afp-police-commissioner-avoids-jail-over-fraud/10746902

So you think jail is right for a guy like this?

Make him repay the money and get him into treatment for his addiction. Jailing him is a complete waste of resources.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tenacious Tiges said:
People Americanising or language by saying or writing “anyways” instead of “anyway”.
Yeah, hate that. I had a tradie here yesterday, my age, 50-something say “you do the math”.....urgh...

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
MD Jazz said:

Make him repay the money and get him into treatment for his addiction. Jailing him is a complete waste of resources.

Agree, just as long as the punishment is the same for everyone.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
MD Jazz said:

I'm kind of torn on white collar crime. Depends on the scale I suppose. Had it been larger fraud, perhaps you do all three (custodial sentence, payback the money and treatment).

Do you guys remember a bloke called Danny Noonan who played footy for a few seasons for the Brisbane Bears?

He played ressies for Carlton, couldn't quite crack it for a senior match. Moved to Tassie and starred for Clarence in the TFL (when it was a decent comp) in the late 80s,early 90s, then got a second chance at the top level, getting drafted to the Brisbane Bears in 1992. Had some pretty decent high 20-low 30 possession games, but just not consistent enough. So only played three seasons for them, before returning to Clarence and playing out his days there very successfully, until the late 90s.

Anyway, long story short, like quite a few ex-footballers, managed to land himself a job as a dodgy financial advisor in suburban Hobart (why are there so many footballers plying their trade as dodgy insurance brokers or financial advisors? Often come across as boofheads who are selling products that go way above their own heads for a quick buck). Over a 9 year period he stole a combined $2.5mil from his clients to feed a gambling habit. Gambled it all away.

Got 6 1/2 years prison (3 years minimum), plus has to undergo treatment for his addiction. I'd suggest would never have the capability to pay back such an eye watering sum of money. And the distress and ruin he caused the victims (many of them retirees who he robbed of life savings) through his appalling scale of theft. Deserved jail time undoubtedly.