Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Yeah, hate that. I had a tradie here yesterday, my age, 50-something say “you do the math”.....urgh...

The one I hate the most is 'buddy' instead of our 'mate'.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Panthera Tigris said:
I'm kind of torn on white collar crime. Depends on the scale I suppose. Had it been larger fraud, perhaps you do all three (custodial sentence, payback the money and treatment).

Do you guys remember a bloke called Danny Noonan who played footy for a few seasons for the Brisbane Bears?

He played ressies for Carlton, couldn't quite crack it for a senior match. Moved to Tassie and starred for Clarence in the TFL (when it was a decent comp) in the late 80s,early 90s, then got a second chance at the top level, getting drafted to the Brisbane Bears in 1992. Had some pretty decent high 20-low 30 possession games, but just not consistent enough. So only played three seasons for them, before returning to Clarence and playing out his days there very successfully, until the late 90s.

Anyway, long story short, like quite a few ex-footballers, managed to land himself a job as a dodgy financial advisor in suburban Hobart (why are there so many footballers plying their trade as dodgy insurance brokers or financial advisors? Often come across as boofheads who are selling products that go way above their own heads for a quick buck). Over a 9 year period he stole a combined $2.5mil from his clients to feed a gambling habit. Gambled it all away.

Got 6 1/2 years prison (3 years minimum), plus has to undergo treatment for his addiction. I'd suggest would never have the capability to pay back such an eye watering sum of money. And the distress and ruin he caused the victims (many of them retirees who he robbed of life savings) through his appalling scale of theft. Deserved jail time undoubtedly.

Agree with all that.

The previous bloke stole $45K which I assume he will be able to pay back. He has a massive opportunity to redeem himself. Jail would appear (on the surface) to be inappropriate.

Addiction has good people doing bad things.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TigerForce said:
The one I hate the most is 'buddy' instead of our 'mate'.
No offence TF, however I’m not sure why but I have called my son Buddy for all of his life.......and his first names not Lance lol

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Agree with all that.

The previous bloke stole $45K which I assume he will be able to pay back. He has a massive opportunity to redeem himself. Jail would appear (on the surface) to be inappropriate.

Addiction has good people doing bad things.
Cops who commit crimes should get double the time. There is no more despicable piece of *smile* than a crooked cop. He should have to pay back 90k.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How many more Australian TV ads are there going to be with bl00dy American accents in.

One of them showing at present has an Aussie mum & a baby who talks with a yankee accent.

Absolutely cr@ps me off no end.

E

easy_tiger

A text scammer who texts

'Call me asap its an emergency'

Making you cynical about calls for help and emergencies.

I dont get the scam? What happens if you call? Or were one of my kids boats sinking?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Mr Brightside said:
You get a bit hotter then we do Willo, however I think most days have been over 40 here for the past 3 weeks , pretty much ranged from 38-45 , can’t remember having it so hot for so long without a break here

Hortest January on record for Australia ... But that is for another thread.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
The way people use mobile phone cameras.

Primarily 1) using them to video at concerts and 2) going to a scenic area or somewhere like the Zoo and taking a photo that doesn't contain people.

Agree, ridiculous filming at a concert. Enjoy the moment!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The Big Richo said:
The way people use mobile phone cameras.

Primarily 1) using them to video at concerts and 2) going to a scenic area or somewhere like the Zoo and taking a photo that doesn't contain people.

I got myself into a good position to see Winx in this years Cox Plate,, well I thought I had until the race started and every one under 40 in front of me raised an arm mobile In hand and kept them that way until it was ll over. But who am I to criticise the me generation.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Dealing with iiNet and its South African call centre. Give me an eager to please Filipino operator over these combative people. Also seems there systems are based on Telstras...customer, billing, service and operations all seem to work off different data.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
easy said:
A text scammer who texts

'Call me asap its an emergency'

Making you cynical about calls for help and emergencies.

I dont get the scam? What happens if you call? Or were one of my kids boats sinking?

Apologies easy, i was thirsty

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
people who place an S on the end of a word when they shouldn't. there are 2 that come to mind straight away:

1. Myer dapartments store. people always say "Myers."
2. remember the old Melway Street Directory? people always called them "Melways."

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Ian4 said:
people who place an S on the end of a word when they shouldn't. there are 2 that come to mind straight away:

2. remember the old Melway Street Directory? people always called them "Melways."

Should "departments" store have an s on the end?

:theyareontome

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:

Yeah, but anyways...

E

easy_tiger

Ian4 said:

Im going to mum for dinner tonight.

Shes cooking out of stephanie alexander cookbook