Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
toby64 said:
Should "departments" store have an s on the end?

:theyareontome

yeah typo

facepalm-crying-01-12.jpg

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We should start a Goose of the Week thread.

Paranoid idiots who over-react. Thanks to the moron on the Mernda line calling the cops which held up a whole city in public transport just because an indigenous busker walked on a train with a covered-up didgeridoo which somehow looked like a rifle (to this person)

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
people who place an S on the end of a word when they shouldn't. there are 2 that come to mind straight away:

1. Myer dapartments store. people always say "Myers."
2. remember the old Melway Street Directory? people always called them "Melways."

Myers/Myer's always grated, but perhaps it's a hangover from its origins.

images

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The weekend weather in Melbourne the past 3 or so weeks, rain and cold weather again this weekend

there's about a gazillion acres of country you could drive out to each weekend and not have to endure a half a drop for a decade.

its hot too.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Winter now goes from May - November.

I had a farmer tell me fifteen years ago that all the seasons had shifted two months down the calendar and that he had adjusted his crops and animals accordingly, convinced now he is right. Real summer doesn’t kick in til January at the earliest.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I had a farmer tell me fifteen years ago that all the seasons had shifted two months down the calendar and that he had adjusted his crops and animals accordingly, convinced now he is right. Real summer doesn’t kick in til January at the earliest.
We just spent way to long on automatic opposite lock to the Europeans for our depiction of the seasons. Summer in Oz should never be claimed to start in Dec. Jan through Mar has always been closer to the mark. Well at least down around the bottom of the country in Vic.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
went to the movies last night. The Palace Cinemas network went down and they couldn't allocate seats in the cinema, even for people who had booked and selected a seat online.

it was like the olden days. they gave you an old fashioned 'admit one' ticket and a bloke took it at the door and said 'sit whereever'

anyway, the cinema filled up and it was mild pandemonium. people would file in and go 'your in my seat'. 'but I booked it 3 days ago' etc etc.

and other people would go politely 'the network has melted down, there are no allocated seats, just find a seat'

anyway, one family decided to rage. They found seats that were together and fine from a viewing perspective, but they weren't their seats.

They swore and carried on, and in the end, incited a wide spread rage and chaos.

Honestly, it looked like Ebola had broken out in the cinema.

I kind of stood up and said 'ladies and gentlemen, this isn't a big deal. people have lost their houses in a bushfire. some people never had a house. some people have a child in intensive care, please just sit down and enjoy the movie in whatever seat you are in'

but it had zero impact. people had become bereft of perspective and panic and angry at the inconvenience. many seemed to frame it as a personal attack against their liberty, in their heads.

I was really dismayed, and couldn't sit with this mob in a dark room for 2 hours, so me and mrs, easy left.

It left me very upset and my faith in humanity rocked.

I felt like 1. Australian society has a latent fear and anger just below the surface and 2. our civilisation is extremely fragile. If the internet goes down and the inconvenience becomes real (police and hospitals and traffic lights don't work), things will disintegrate in a heartbeat.

anyway. it was a little thing. and it really annoyed me.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
went to the movies last night. The Palace Cinemas network went down and they couldn't allocate seats in the cinema, even for people who had booked and selected a seat online.

it was like the olden days. they gave you an old fashioned 'admit one' ticket and a bloke took it at the door and said 'sit whereever'

anyway, the cinema filled up and it was mild pandemonium. people would file in and go 'your in my seat'. 'but I booked it 3 days ago' etc etc.

and other people would go politely 'the network has melted down, there are no allocated seats, just find a seat'

anyway, one family decided to rage. They found seats that were together and fine from a viewing perspective, but they weren't their seats.

They swore and carried on, and in the end, incited a wide spread rage and chaos.

I kind of stood up and said 'ladies and gentlemen, this isn't a big deal. people have lost their houses in a bushfire. some people never had a house. some people have a child in intensive care, please just sit down and enjoy the movie in whatever seat you are in'

but it had zero impact. people had become bereft of perspective and panic and angry at the inconvenience. many seemed to frame it as a personal attack against their liberty, in their heads.

I was really dismayed, and couldn't sit with this mob in a dark room for 2 hours, so me and mrs, easy left.

I felt like 1. Australian society has a latent fear and anger just below the surface and 2. our civilisation is extremely fragile. If the internet goes down and the inconvenience becomes real (police and hospitals and traffic lights don't work), things will disintegrate in a heartbeat.

I don't think this thread is called 'society wide things that depress you'.

Poignant, nonetheless.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I don't think this thread is called 'society wide things that depress you'.

Poignant, nonetheless.

Haha. Yeah i didnt know where it fitted in. Movies? Alex Rance? MIdget collective nouns?

Anyway, i posted it as therapy. I have an unrealistically high expectation of people that often falls short.

Thats why i feel so fortunate to have born A Richmond Man

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

You said the cinema had filled up and then the family group arrived and started the commotion. Then you left

So this family of 5/7 people upset 100/150 people

So once again the minority louder voice wins

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You said the cinema had filled up and then the family group arrived and started the commotion. Then you left

So this family of 5/7 people upset 100/150 people

So once again the minority louder voice wins

In a way yes. The minority voice kind of incited a previously fairly reasonable crowd, who subsequently became unreasonable.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In a way yes. The minority voice kind of incited a previously fairly reasonable crowd, who subsequently became unreasonable.
Happens every day. World's full of intolerance and entitlement.