lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I imagine Carlton are thinking they're really smart engineering Jack Martins recruitment.

They can spin it whatever they want, but the bloke is gonna be seen as a million dollar player next season and in this new age era of mental wellbeing they are placing enormous pressure on him to perform!

On a side note, was told by a blues mate who's in their top end coterie, that Cain Liddle is ruffling plenty more feathers other than the super recruiter!
This could turn out to be Benny Gale's finest job recommendation ever;)

Hmm no mention of a Premiership in their below 4 year plan:)

With membership numbers at an all-time high, (64,000), Carlton was also able to surpass all 17 other clubs in achieving the biggest home attendance growth in the AFL this season.
After a strong finish to 2019 and hoping to surge up the ladder in 2020, the Blues are eyeing a target of 75,000 members next year — a significant milestone in the quest for 100,000 members by 2023

PS. Re Caine Liddle: was a good operator at Richmond, it is a brave man that can take on the Carlton Crew, shows he is not a yes man, if I were a Carlton supporter I would be happy for him to shake things up.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
i would imagine Liddle is trying to copy what Benny did at Tigerland.

Problem is, we were ready. After 30 plus years of abject mediocrity we were ready to listen to anyone who could be bothered making a plan. I'm not sure that he could have come in and do what he did ten years earlier, there would have been plenty of delusional coterie members, board members and past players who would have arked up and stood in the way.

Plus, Benny actually believed in what he was doing and drove it. Liddle is probably just trying to implement what he knows has worked at Richmond. Can you imagine what long-time Carlton people are going to think of this guy who comes in and says, " Richmond did this, Richmond did that," all day long?

They are not ready. They need at least ten more years of mediocrity.
Hmm no mention of a Premiership in their below 4 year plan:)

With membership numbers at an all-time high, (64,000), Carlton was also able to surpass all 17 other clubs in achieving the biggest home attendance growth in the AFL this season.
After a strong finish to 2019 and hoping to surge up the ladder in 2020, the Blues are eyeing a target of 75,000 members next year — a significant milestone in the quest for 100,000 members by 2023

PS. Re Caine Liddle: was a good operator at Richmond, it is a brave man that can take on the Carlton Crew, shows he is not a yes man, if I were a Carlton supporter I would be happy for him to shake things up.

Very brave..... hopefully for him he doesn't awake to a horses head!o_O:eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Carlton can try and copy the RFC way as much as they like but as long as their Coteries have the whip hand on the joint the way the CFC is administered will not allow for them to do what the RFC has done.....

And they don't have Balmey :))

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Most of them are dirty that Silvagni's leaving and are accusing Liddle of interfering in list management.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
umm, no its our home game
And that’s why I will be travelling down to see the game. There’s a premiership flag to unfurl!

Who’s coming?

I have to say, however, that one of my worst childhood memories is attending the first round in 1970 against Fitzroy. A Sunday game; quite extraordinary for the time.

QE2 attended and unfurled the flag at half time.

We struggled but gained the lead at the major break. I thought all was right in the world.

My recollection was the QE2 watched the third quarter.

We lost the lead while her majesty was in attendance.

A real game breaker was she.

I think the memory casts me as a republican.

At the time though I blamed the fact my three older sisters and mum chose to attend and I was frequently summoned to run outside the G to buy hot jam filled donuts for the ladies in the entourage.

Dad and I had previously enjoyed attending the footy as exclusive male company/invite.

Notwithstanding, 2020 I will be attending in company with spouse and adult daughter.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Celebrating a quarter of a century since their last Premiership next season..It's getting up there!:)
So they are “us” in 2005. The arrival of Plough along with the 4 picks in the top 20 :Deledio, Tambling, Meyer and Pattison.

We were on our way......

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hearld Sun today.

'Sam Docherty ready for round 1'
Who?
Is he still on an AFL list?
What a dud
2 jibbers in their backline Simpson and him
Castagna 4 Rioli 3

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
And that’s why I will be travelling down to see the game. There’s a premiership flag to unfurl!

Who’s coming?

I have to say, however, that one of my worst childhood memories is attending the first round in 1970 against Fitzroy. A Sunday game; quite extraordinary for the time.

QE2 attended and unfurled the flag at half time.

We struggled but gained the lead at the major break. I thought all was right in the world.

My recollection was the QE2 watched the third quarter.

We lost the lead while her majesty was in attendance.

A real game breaker was she.

I think the memory casts me as a republican.

At the time though I blamed the fact my three older sisters and mum chose to attend and I was frequently summoned to run outside the G to buy hot jam filled donuts for the ladies in the entourage.

Dad and I had previously enjoyed attending the footy as exclusive male company/invite.

Notwithstanding, 2020 I will be attending in company with spouse and adult daughter.
I remember that game. Apparently QE2 asked late in the 3rd "Which team was it that won the premiership last year"

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I remember that game. Apparently QE2 asked late in the 3rd "Which team was it that won the premiership last year"

Ha, I've kept the Footy Record from that match.

Has most of the players' autographs plus Tommy!

Fancy putting a photo of the Queen on the front page!

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The jack Martin terms equate to 600k a season. It's overs sure, but not outrageous overs. He has underachieved and also sooked at times sure, but he has class, and a lot of it. Clubs pay a premium for class, always have always will.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Ha, I've kept the Footy Record from that match.

Has most of the players' autographs plus Tommy!

Fancy putting a photo of the Queen on the front page!
I think I had kept that for years but it didn't survive the many recent clean-outs, which is most unlike me.
If I remember right, it was a large A4 size with a glossy colour front page in the format of the finals records of the day.
Not the little A5 black-and-white numbers they used to make for normal home-and-away games back then.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Carlton, aka Charlatan have 11 top 10 draft picks on their list. If they get Jack Martin, they'll have 13 next year with their top ten pick in the up coming draft................and they'll still be sh!t :banana

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I think I had kept that for years but it didn't survive the many recent clean-outs, which is most unlike me.
If I remember right, it was a large A4 size with a glossy colour front page in the format of the finals records of the day.
Not the little A5 black-and-white numbers they used to make for normal home-and-away games back then.

these pics should cause some reminiscing

Attachments

• IMG_5241.jpg
    IMG_5241.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5243.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5244.jpg