lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Funnily enough I think it does help their chances. Their forward line doesn't seem to work with Curnow Mckay and another tall (say Mcgovern).

I reckon they will be better off structurally. I'd play Curnow at centre half back or ruck.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not funny but Charlie Curnow is out for 4 months with a fractured knee cap. That won't help their chances.
Don't ever wish an injury on any player whether he be good bad or indifferent. But remembering how the Carlscum fans booed the Tross man off when he popped his knee. Then I'm more than comfortable with some #lolcarlscum n hope they score another spoon next year. Farkin bunch of low lifes.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Curnow's a huge loss for them. He's a class player. Something seriously wrong with that knee of his. He slipped but didn't fall, wasn't even an impact injury and he fractures the patella.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Curnow's a huge loss for them. He's a class player. Something seriously wrong with that knee of his. He slipped but didn't fall, wasn't even an impact injury and he fractures the patella.
Apparently tripped on a step n all his weight came down on his dodgy knee n caused the fracture. That's the third time in a very short period that he's damaged the same knee. Got a feeling it'll never be properly good, looks like he's gunna have career long issues with it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I would loveeeee to see GC pick him in the PSD

Yep that would be pisss funny, would love to see it.

Surely most clubs are now aware of wasting their time dealing with Carlton and Essendon, they are nigh on persona non grata at Trade week.

Get it done Dewy and Ill shout ya a double Eagle Boys or Dominoes Large pizza deal with Pepsi and Cheesey Garlic Bread every time I'm up in Kwee lan on the Coke Coast.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Poor kid. I hope he recovers well

Yep no making fun of that.

We know how it feels to lose our best most important players.

This kid is their marquee alongside Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Marchbank, McGovern and they are the foundation Carlton are building upon.

But I too have'nt forgotten their cretin fans booing Trossman after he did his knee so those supporters can GAGF

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Neville Crowe might argue that's using the term "human being" a little loosely considering what a blatant John Nichols dive cost him!

I can still recall the parish priest at Thornbury referring to this episode in his Sunday sermon after the '67 GF.

He was a Richmond supporter, Father Murphy.

The sermon was along the lines of the parable about the Camel and the Eye of a Needle.

The camel may have been able to thread the needle but despite all his years of loyal service to the Tigers, the great ruckman and Captain, Neville Crowe was denied (unjustly) a premiership after a 24 years drought the Tigers had endured since 1943!

Being a young but fully blooded Richmond supporter that sermon stuck in my mind.

Got the '67 GF Record fully signed by the team and Tommy. When I've time I will post relevant pages.

In those days, Richmond held Pleasant Sunday Mornings @ PRO where the players attended and drinks flowed freely!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Not sure what sort of person John Nichols was to not step forward and admit to diving, rather than see an opponent miss a GF like that.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Big compliment.
Obviously Nicholls didn't want to have to contend with Crowe in the Grand Final.
Well he needn't have worried - they didn't get there.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Injury sounds reminiscent of Cogs slipping in the shower. Destroyed a potential great careet

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London

No impact required to fracture your patella. Just ask mine.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't wait till March the 20th.
Hopefully it will the last we hear about Carlton till they sack Doofus part 2.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
No impact required to fracture your patella. Just ask mine.

No but considering he's just recovered from a kneecap injury I don't think this is coincidental. Slipping on a tile without impact shouldn't ordinarily cause a fractured patella I wouldn't have thought.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Not sure what sort of person John Nichols was to not step forward and admit to diving, rather than see an opponent miss a GF like that.
He sometimes was inexplicably omitted from time to time and upon return would be sporting an extreme short back and sides.

Reactions: 2 users