lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I've always thought that that "official" video never really gives you a good sense of the hit.
There is some other colour footage where you get a much better angle.
3:25 into this video.

brilliant23, thanks for posting, loved it. How was Balmey's snap over his shoulder on the left? was that real?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
lol, they just worked out that SOS has a conflict of interest at the club.

Rings hollow.

Of the clubs around them - Melbourne, St.Kilda, Sydney and Fremantle - I’d want odds against to back Carlton to finish above each of them. Carlton supporters are bullish, but maybe the club’s just not that confident about the future after five years of SOS.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I haven’t often been right about footy but Carlton beat us in 95 in around July and at Ringwood hungry jacks on the way home I spoke to this girl serving whoppers, a Carlton supporter, and I said Carlton will win the flag but the one after might take a while.

still waiting.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Butler & Ellis being dicked around at trade time would not have gone down well with Liddle either.

They've actually done quite well to keep the truth in-house, or at least spread a few versions of it so that nobody knows which one is correct. The Ellis story is more palatable to supporters as Ellis never joined the club; makes more sense that Betts was the final straw for SOS.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There list cant be that good,
champion data have them just above Gc.
They're light years away from top 4 let alone winning a flag.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Carlton did have a pretty good 2nd half of the season. Won 6 of 11 and 2 of those losses were by less than a goal. Couldn't keep up with the best teams in that period (Eagles/Tigers/Geelong) but did play like a middle of the road team. That's where I think they'll be next year. Better than their 16th this year but not good enough to trouble the top 8. Question is what happens the year after. Simpson/Betts/Murphy all likely gone, Kruezer and Casboult not far behind. Are the youngsters good enough to cover that class?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Carlton did have a pretty good 2nd half of the season. Won 6 of 11 and 2 of those losses were by less than a goal. Couldn't keep up with the best teams in that period (Eagles/Tigers/Geelong) but did play like a middle of the road team. That's where I think they'll be next year. Better than their 16th this year but not good enough to trouble the top 8. Question is what happens the year after. Simpson/Betts/Murphy all likely gone, Kruezer and Casboult not far behind. Are the youngsters good enough to cover that class?

New coach bounce and players free to run. Need to see how they go over 22 rounds when the heat is fully on and Teague is trying to get them to play his game plan. How do they respond when the going gets tough- as it always does over 22 rounds?

It took our top line players 6/8 years to fully reach the required level. Carlton are going to struggle for a while yet

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The melts on the cartoon board are extremely funny , Specially the comments regarding Liddle

" The Richmond man is ruining our club"

Cain Liddle is/was a geelong person and not Richmond apart from being at Richmond for a few years lol

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Some seriously false reporting on how Silvagni has improved the Carlton list. Not convinced.
Hasn't improved it yet & if it has, it was from his poor recruiting keeping them at the bottom resulting in years of high draft picks.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I wonder if Benny gets the tap to take over from Dill whether Cain might come back after having his apprenticeship and ruffling feathers there.

• Angry

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The melts on the cartoon board are extremely funny , Specially the comments regarding Liddle

" The Richmond man is ruining our club"

I've been telling a couple of Carlton mates that Liddle is a Balme plant.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Butler & Ellis being dicked around at trade time would not have gone down well with Liddle either.
Not sure it should be Liddle's job to be involved at that sort of level with list management. I have no love for SOS but if Liddle was getting involved, then SOS has a right to be peeved.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not sure it should be Liddle's job to be involved at that sort of level with list management. I have no love for SOS but if Liddle was getting involved, then SOS has a right to be peeved.

Liddle is CEO. The buck stops with him. It's pretty obvious Liddle doesn't see eye to eye with SOS so it was only a matter of time. Personally I think SOS has made a lot of mistakes. Done OK with the obvious high picks. Can't imagine where'd they'd be without Patrick Cripps (who fell through to Pick 13 in 2013 draft).

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Silvagni is like one of the European soccer managers who only ever manage rich teams (eg Guardiola). In his case the riches are high draft picks (massive amounts at GWS, plenty at Carlton). Of course he’s going to get some right, but there’s been plenty of duds which have been forgotten in the sheer volume of premium selections he’s had. And then he can use the late picks on his sons...

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'd be interested to hear what other posters on here think, but I've never thought SOS' kids were much good.

Reactions: 1 users