lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Jack is a bit of a lightning rod for criticism because of his name. Very honest player but nothing special about his game. If his effort ever drops off, his spot on the list will be in peril.

Ben looked OK in my one brief viewing of him against our 2's.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Blues supporter petition for SOSto stay has about 4G signatures. Final result will be interesting.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Carlton did have a pretty good 2nd half of the season. Won 6 of 11 and 2 of those losses were by less than a goal. Couldn't keep up with the best teams in that period (Eagles/Tigers/Geelong) but did play like a middle of the road team. That's where I think they'll be next year. Better than their 16th this year but not good enough to trouble the top 8. Question is what happens the year after. Simpson/Betts/Murphy all likely gone, Kruezer and Casboult not far behind. Are the youngsters good enough to cover that class?
They did have a better 2nd half but that was at the expense of having the kids learning to play in the middle. Teague reverted to Cripps/Murphy/Ed Curnow on the ball which may have gotten them better results in the short term but Murphy and Curnow will likely not be around when if ever they are having a crack at the top four.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Apparently running a fan forum on Monday night to explain the reasoning for the super recruiters exit.....
I love this *smile*.... hope Benny is mentoring Liddle in this area!
Ahhh Carlton. .... bringing entertainment to the off season!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jack is punching above his draft pick.
True, but that's so easy to do when you're surrounded by *smile*. Got two arms, two legs, one head n can rummage around a bit, best 22 at Carlscum. Not a player that's going to help elevate the team up the ladder.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just turned on 3aw as Tom Elliott was reading a retraction over a comment his old man made earlier on his show in regards to SOS.... no idea what John Elliott said, but he was still in the studio when retraction was being made.... Gotta say, the old man sounded like lunch had been both long and extremely enjoyable!
Getting funnier by the day...... thank you Carlton for the laughs :rotfl1

Last edited:

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Jack Silvagni was recontracted mid-year. I wonder if those negotiations had something to do with SOS's sacking.

Probably gave sosososos or whatever his boy is called, maybe sausages, a10 year contract @ $750k per annum. Nah all above board, paying less than market value. Fair deal
SOS was too busy trading up, down and sideways trying to double guess who Richmond was gonna select.
Then miraculously was able to procur players they ranked in the top 6 players in each draft for much later picks. Sterling effort..
No idea why they'd give him the arse. :p

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not Carlton related but I see Ollie Wines has been stripped of the port co-captaincy after the fans voted that they didn't like having two captain's. Nothing like letting your teeth deprived fans make key club structural decisions!

Just ditch that shithole Ollie and come and play at a club that you will enjoy@

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
SOS is a foll and has them all conned , But good on him and has made a lot of money from the blooz

Jack is a struggler
Ben wont make it
Tom will be lucky to even get drafted ( I wouldnt even rookie list him)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The melts on the cartoon board are extremely funny , Specially the comments regarding Liddle

" The Richmond man is ruining our club"

Cain Liddle is/was a geelong person and not Richmond apart from being at Richmond for a few years lol

they’ve forgotten John Elliott, Brett rattled 1.0, Stephen kernahan, were pretty staunch blues.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
SOS is a foll and has them all conned , But good on him and has made a lot of money from the blooz

Jack is a struggler
Ben wont make it
Tom will be lucky to even get drafted ( I wouldnt even rookie list him)

Yep Jack has never looked much chop to me. Went ok in 2017 but has struggled since. Doesn't seem like a smart player.

Ben seems to be a bit of a case of pick him just because he's a father/son.

Tom is too short to make it and doesn't seem to have any elite qualities.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just turned on 3aw as Tom Elliott was reading a retraction over a comment his old man made earlier on his show in regards to SOS.... no idea what John Elliott said, but he was still in the studio when retraction was being made.... Gotta say, the old man sounded like lunch had been both long and extremely enjoyable!
Getting funnier by the day...... thank you Carlton for the laughs :rotfl1
Pretty sure SOS was the one who " rolled over " big time a few years back when Carlscum got busted for all their salary cap rorting. Threw the club n a handful of players under the investigator bus. Old man Elliott was furious at the time n it'd be no surprise if he hasn't forgiven SOS n took the opportunity to sink in a sneaky slipper. Old man Elliott's had a pretty fair crack at the long lunches over the years, reckon they might be starting to catch up on him a bit.