lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I guess that depends on your opinion of Cain Liddle and the other people involved.

Are we talking the Carlton forum or the Richmond AGM?

Either way the answer is no but if it is Richmond I'd be interested in what was said.
I have had a good relationship with Cain during his time with us, good bloke & good operator.

My statement still stands

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We’re you the guy last night that produced two papers? One to discuss the fixture and the other to discuss the scarves?

Peggy was trying to shut him down, but he said "I've come all the way from Sydney so let me speak", then thought his points were so important that he got up with his points, in writing, and handed them to Peggy :rolleyes: embarrassing and used up half of question time.

What about the guy that got up said "I want to ask Benny a question", and when handed the Mic siad, "why do we keep losing?" Benny looked totally bemused but then grabbed the mic and said "I ask Damien Hardwick the same question all the time", the room was in hysterics, not the least Dimma, sadly the guy was serious:rolleyes:

Happens every bloody year more nuff nuff questions than enlightening ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Remember in the 2017 GF early when Vlastuin slipped over and Betts ran into an open goal?

They thought it would be so easy from there. About the last time we saw Betts bar a couple of behinds

crows fans will still remind you of the free kick he should have got prior to half time that would have changed the game ;)

We should beat Carlton convincingly in round 1. Surely though Carlton will improve next year.

stand by though coz everyone will be talking up Carlton next year (including Carlton themsleves). I have a feeling R1 2020 could be the Ben Cousins game in reverse.

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I'm guessing we will be vulnerable early because of our recent tact to start the season slowly and then warm into it, but also because defensive structures are the last thing to fall into place for any team.

Look at Sydney's record when they were powerful. They always started bad. Also look at how the AFL alwaysd gloats about the improved scoring in the new season before it all falls away and the Tige's start holding teams goalless to the time on period of the 3rd term.

Having said that, i'd love us to string a massive start together and break the consecutive wins record, but i wouldn't love that more than having 3 flags in 4 years.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm guessing we will be vulnerable early because of our recent tact to start the season slowly and then warm into it, but also because defensive structures are the last thing to fall into place for any team.

Didn't think we started off slow last year. Beat Blues easily. 2nd round against Collingwood was poor but they're a good side and in that side we had Weller, KMac, Higgins, Butler, Markov, 3rd round against GWS at their ground, another good side, we added Garthwaite and Balta to that team. Then we won 6 of the next 7 before injury ravaged us. We were in 4th spot on the ladder after 10 rounds. In 2018 we were 2nd after 10 rounds (8 and 2).

First 4 rounds in 2020 are Carlton, Colingwood, Adelaide and St Kilda. Good chance of winning at least 3 of those. Next 6 West Coast, Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane, Geelong, Essendon. Harder but 4 wins out of those should give us our 7-3 start.

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
What about the guy that got up said "I want to ask Benny a question", and when handed the Mic siad, "why do we keep losing?" Benny looked totally bemused but then grabbed the mic and said "I ask Damien Hardwick the same question all the time", the room was in hysterics, not the least Dimma, sadly the guy was serious:rolleyes:

Thought you'd stopped CC attending.

What "losing" was the guy referring to?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thought you'd stopped CC attending.

What "losing" was the guy referring to?

To be fair, that question would have received a standing ovation every year for 35 years. He must have been doing a Rip Van Winkle for the last three years.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Peggy was trying to shut him down, but he said "I've come all the way from Sydney so let me speak", then thought his points were so important that he got up with his points, in writing, and handed them to Peggy :rolleyes: embarrassing and used up half of question time.

Was it Zips?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
To be fair, that question would have received a standing ovation every year for 35 years. He must have been doing a Rip Van Winkle for the last three years.

Or he must have thought he was at the Carlton AGM

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Silvagni son caught on the drink while recovering from injury.
Second time it’s happened

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Wonder who snitched on them ?. Snitching in my day was not a manly thing but these days , get ya mobile out before any one else can.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Not as crazy as it sounds. I reckon this played a strong factor. They're just not that good to take up 3 spots on their list.

Is this another “Cloke” drafting situation?
Have to take the first two crap ones to get the good one?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Happens every bloody year more nuff questions than enlightening ones.

I would've asked
Was it Zips?

You cant let them get complacent.
Why didn't we get over 5 million in profit?
Why did we allow GWS to score?
Why aren't we cloning Cotchin?
What is this club doing??

Reactions: 1 user