lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Round 1 2017 is soooo important. A loss could have our year finished just after one game

Mappa

Tiger Superstar
Jul 3, 2009
Can you just imagine if we don't win first up against Carlton, Someone on here will by Steggles Chickens and empty the contents of the entire company on the front door of punt road.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can you just imagine if we don't beat Carlton first up next year.....some on here will say it's ok, it's part of the plan, to be patient, it's 1 step back , Carlton are a good side.......

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
tigertim said:
Can you just imagine if we don't beat Carlton first up next year.....some on here will say it's ok, it's part of the plan, to be patient, it's 1 step back , Carlton are a good side.......

Can't see it meself.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm only new at the sport of studying National Drafts! Wooh!

But without even looking at one I can guarantee you one thing. That there has never been a National Draft in which the best player was a back pocket player.

And eh, I just asked my mum if there would ever be one and she said a prayer to St Antony.

So if you or your mum had the first pick in a National Draft would you pick a back pocket player?

lol carlton

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Blind Turn said:
Well then all is good at Tigerland. Enjoy watching the players hugging themselves. Me personally, I'm looking for a blueprint to win a premiership.

32 posts. And then that word.

Totes Carlton bj.

The thread was always a trap.

tigertim said:

What are you doing here?

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Teague. Training wheels. #lolJudd you bald-headed flog.
I reckon Judd was right. I believe both Shaw and Teague are monumental mistakes. Not because they can't coach - that remains to be seen - but because the process was appalling.

We may not learn next year, but almost certainly the year after.

Most successful coaches had a decent grounding in multiple environments. Bevo had a long tenure outside the AFL and has excellent people skills.

Vossy, Hird and others who have done significant time as assistants must be very frustrated

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Usually caretaker coaches never got the senior job. Looks like it'll be 3 from 3 this year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
You know already that Teague is a king Doofus.
He said Carlton has a good group. Now he is taking the *smile*.
Dow. Can’t hit a target to save himself. The type of player we draft with a first rounder.
Silivagni, if his name was Smith he would be playing for Wonthaggi.
Simpson & Doherty. Is there 2 bigger receivers in the competition?
Kresuer, kresuer is Latin for play one week and miss the next 6.
McGovern. He must be laughing 700k for a bloke that would struggle against Elton or Griffens,
Lang. Lol
The list goes on, lobb, Polson, Garlett, Fazolo,

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
If I understand correctly, the blues interviewed one other candidate in Voss. I don't mind Voss but you would think there would have to be a few more options out there than just crazy vossy.

What sort of warped process is that? If Teague was their preferred candidate then fine, but like North why not wait until September and see if any other coaches fall out of the tree? No one else was going to appoint Teague. It has been a volatile year and there are multiple coaching options available.

You have to wonder how some AFL clubs can be so poorly run.

• Love

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
What intrigues about the appointment of an assistant like this, is that Teague has been an assistant at Carlton since 2017 - has been through thick and thin with Bolton. Surely Teague is part accountable for the poor performances of the past - either implicit in past coaching decisions; or either was happy to sit back and let Bolton ultimately self destruct; either way not a good look.

Are Carlton really better so far under Teague, or has he just reverted to playing the experienced players again where Bolton was blooding harder younger in key positions (e.g. Murphy moved to the wing or half back or whatever it was). Was Carlton's result against us better than ever before - by point differentiation it was not - it was similar to past margins + no Dusty and Cotchin and in the rain (when scoring is typically lower) .

A great bench mark for Carlton will be against the Saints this weekend, similar side in similar stages - an intriguing match up. Ratten will be licking his lips at the opportunity to stick it to the Blues.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I reckon Judd was right. I believe both Shaw and Teague are monumental mistakes. Not because they can't coach - that remains to be seen - but because the process was appalling.

We may not learn next year, but almost certainly the year after.

Most successful coaches had a decent grounding in multiple environments. Bevo had a long tenure outside the AFL and has excellent people skills.

Vossy, Hird and others who have done significant time as assistants must be very frustrated

Hird? James Hird? Was he ever an assistant? After what happened at Essendon I wouldn't want him to coach an under 10 side.

Voss is massively overrated IMO. A champion player does not always make a great coach. He was just hopeless at Brisbane and what's to say he'd be much better now? Yeah he's gone away and got some more experience which obviously doesn't hurt but there are no guarantees he's the best choice available. By all reports his interviews at Carlton did not go well at all.

Teague has been in the system quite a while now and has been an assistant coach at Adelaide, Carlton and I think St.Kilda as well. He's also one of the few assistant coaches to have AFL Level 4 accreditation. He's had the grounding in multiple AFL environments and appears to have great people skills.

That said, I do agree that the process for both North and Carlton was poor. At least Carlton actually interviewed another person (Voss); North didn't throughout their "exhaustive" process.

I don't know if Teague's the right guy for Carlton; I don't really care as I can't stand that club. I just think the way he's handled the 9 week interim period has appeared to be first rate and I can understand why they've made the decision. I'm not sure the alternatives were any better.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
great bump (why is there no thumbs up emoji?)

however, i fear Carlton is really on the way up this time. top 8 darkhorse in 2020.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Teague is far more qualified than Shaw. Teague has coached his own teams succuessfully and been around the traps for ages. Reckon he would have cringed at the *smile* coming out of Bolton's mouth.