Looking For RFC Glass Plaque circa 60s/70s | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Looking For RFC Glass Plaque circa 60s/70s

whites tiger

"OTG"
Apr 30, 2008
Recently a childhood memory came flooding back and I'm slowly going mad trying to find the item ...

I'll do my best to describe it but apologies for the poor description.

In the early 70s I came across what I recall as a glass plaque. It was probably about 20cm x 25cm (h x w) but childhood memories are notoriously bad with size. I can't recall if it had a yellow and black Richmond logo or whether just yellow and black Richmond Football Club text but the background was a vibrant green colour (the grass of the footy ground?) and I think it also had a shiny silver running through it. I'm not sure if it was in a frame as it may have just been glass right up to the edges.

I think they were made for each club and I'm guessing late 60s/early 70s but they could be dated from even further back.

So all of you Tigers of the sixties and seventies, does this ring any bells?

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know what they were called. Be rapt if I could get my hand on a pic of one (then I can see if I can track one down).

Thanks fellow Tiges!