Loved Greens game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Loved Greens game

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I thought Tom Green was their best to 3/4 time, with his namesake probably their best on the night.
Don’t doubt we are still interested.
Not sure what he would cost but maybe CJ’s non selection is in someway connected. Who knows!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They want Coleman Jones.
Coleman Jones and Geelong's first rounder might do it.
He would be a massive pick up.

I thought Tom Green was their best to 3/4 time, with his namesake probably their best on the night.
Don’t doubt we are still interested.
Not sure what he would cost but maybe CJ’s non selection is in someway connected. Who knows!

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
That is the first game I have seen him play and for mine he showed he will be a gun contested footballer.

But he also showed he isn't a Richmond midfielder. He just doesn't cover enough ground and simply doesn't have the tank to defend the way we expect our mids to. Graham, Baker, Pickett and RCD gave the GWS mids a lesson in two way running and workrate in the second half, and was awesome to watch!!!

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That is the first game I have seen him play and for mine he showed he will be a gun contested footballer.

But he also showed he isn't a Richmond midfielder. He just doesn't cover enough ground and simply doesn't have the tank to defend the way we expect our mids to. Graham, Baker, Pickett and RCD gave the GWS mids a lesson in two way running and workrate in the second half, and was awesome to watch!!!
Absolutely. Great post. I’ve watched every single GWS game thIs year almost to watch Green exclusively given the interest Richmond fans have in him, and that’s a good description of him.

He is sloooow. His entire modus operandi right now is to jog and walk up and down the length of the centre corridor waiting for a stoppage or a cheap kick, or to fill up space. He has no run, carry, separation at all. You will rarely see him on the wings or boundary lines. He just lopes up and down through the centre of the ground. Maybe he’s been told to do that, I dunno, but right now he does not fit our game style at all. Yes, he’s not bad at stoppages but outside of that there’s not much else to his game.

In a number of games this year where the ball has been moving around quickly and wide, he’s been near on useless for GWS. Dumplands last night, and the way that game was played, really suited him. But he’d struggle big time on the G I reckon.

Maybe his game could be modified, I dunno. But right now I’d be very very cautious about any acquisition of him. He just doesn’t run hard enough, wide enough, quickly enough or with enough defensive intensity at all to fit with us.

Just lopes up and down the corridor.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
poor mans RCD.

I'd swap him for jack Ross or a 2rd round pick

for a bit more depth.

but theres no way he's best 22 at Richmond.

was completely cooked in the last and we ran all over 'em.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Having watched him live last night for the first time, I think that's right. Great hands in tight but doesn't run the way we require. (Neither does RCD at this point and he's a year older, but at least he's quick.)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Even RCD covers more ground both defensively and getting to general contests and positions around the ground than Green does.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
right now he does not fit our game style at all. Yes, he’s not bad at stoppages but outside of that there’s not much else to his game.
Agree. Not a player you target and chase as an opposition recruit. He could grow a mullet and get some Ciaks because he would have been acceptable in the 80s.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree. Not a player you target and chase as an opposition recruit. He could grow a mullet and get some Ciaks because he would have been acceptable in the 80s.
Ciaks ha ha haaargghhh!!! Very comfortable those shoes. Do they still sell them?

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ll go against the grain , I think his a player, one you can build your midfield around ( bit like Carlton and Cripps :cool: ) , I’ve got to disagree with some of PREs very finest , I think he certainly can play the Richmond way , with a clerence beast like Green in the middle it takes away a lot of wear and tare on the other mids , not all mids have to be quick, it’s about getting the right mix , other big thing for me with Green is come the big high pressure contested games he’d be right amongst us, the way I look at it if Green was at Punt rd now, Dusty would be 80% forward .

in saying that I wouldn’t be paying overs to get him , like to have him ,however it’s not a priority atm

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not exact Ciaks, but as close as I could find for you. They'd go well with your Lee Cooper denim dungarees

Look like a low cut version of the old 70's desert boots, never heard of Ciaks before but guessing they're similar. Way too many old farts gathering dust n mouldy memories round here.

• Angry

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I’ll go against the grain , I think his a player, one you can build your midfield around ( bit like Carlton and Cripps :cool: ) , I’ve got to disagree with some of PREs very finest , I think he certainly can play the Richmond way , with a clerence beast like Green in the middle it takes away a lot of wear and tare on the other mids , not all mids have to be quick, it’s about getting the right mix , other big thing for me with Green is come the big high pressure contested games he’d be right amongst us, the way I look at it if Green was at Punt rd now, Dusty would be 80% forward .

in saying that I wouldn’t be paying overs to get him , like to have him ,however it’s not a priority atm
Crippa, Duckwood, Kennedy, Oliver,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Green?? Doesn't hurt to have a big hard midfield clearance beast in the side, as long as you have the right mix around him to complement.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

Hooper for me.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
What’s with the cheek kisses between Green & Hill everytime Hill kicks a goal?