Lowlife of the week award. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lowlife of the week award.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Panthera Tigris said:
Yes, their demeanour and the way they were talking was rather odd......nearly like they were both playing along to give it a double meaning. Can only imagine what dirty Don said off camera!

::)
No. Demonstrated in clear practical terms that it doesn't feel nice being hit, so don't hit other people. Pretty simple message really. It was my parents and grandparents job to teach and teach they did. Although that may confuse some well meaning, yet naive and misguided souls, it certainly didn't confuse a 7 or 8YO me. The message was crystal clear.

And even more, the general message was that hitting is wrong, but picking on people at a physical disadvantage to oneself (be it, smaller, younger people, women/girls, elderly etc) is even more distasteful. This I suppose was the chivalrous mindset of my grandparents generation (which was also passed to my mother). Like I eluded to earlier, if I had raised a hand to, or acted in a lewd, distasteful manner towards girls/women, I can only imagine what this would have been met with, by my family! Such behaviour was unquestionably taboo and dishonorable in our conservative upbringing

Keep digging. You are condoning abuse of children.

Or you were vile, nasty and lewd and deserved it when you got the memorable smack?

Plenty of studies around condemning hitting children, that’s why it is banned in most countries. You must have been a quick learner.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
rosy3 said:
I've never noticed any observations that it's not ok to give a woman a compliment. What kind of things have you observed Midsy?

It just seems at the moment that any comment made in the direction of a female (or anyone for that matter), even if it is supposed to be an innocent compliment made with good intentions, has the potential to be taken as sexual innuendo and an insult to the receiver. Not saying it about anyone in particular, but I’m glad that I’m married with a couple of kids and don’t have to be treading through the minefield that is the male/female, male/male, female/female or gender neutral/gender neutral dating scene.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The atmosphere is kinda... charged at the moment. McGuire's said a few things that were out of order and I like ripping into him as much as anyone, but copping flak for telling a joke about Scots and Jews being tight with money is ridiculous. We will all end up like robots at this rate.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The atmosphere is kinda... charged at the moment. McGuire's said a few things that were out of order and I like ripping into him as much as anyone, but copping flak for telling a joke about Scots and Jews being tight with money is ridiculous. We will all end up like robots at this rate.
It’s a pathetic societal problem, people scouring everything everyone says looking to be offended.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Midsy said:
Are you allowed to pay a woman a compliment now?

Depends on what it is and to whom. Your wife should be complimented hourly about everything from her appearance to intelligence and everything in between. A stranger - if you are equally prepared to pay the same compliment to a man, it should be safe. If you are unlikely to say to a male work colleague that his ass looks good in that suit, don't say it to a female one either.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Getting there LTRTR. It's a wonderful world...

Eddie's a Scot himself too isn't he? I've heard the ones of Jews being tight-asses over the years but never the Scots....how did they come into this?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
MD Jazz said:
Keep digging. You are condoning abuse of children.

Or you were vile, nasty and lewd and deserved it when you got the memorable smack?

Plenty of studies around condemning hitting children, that’s why it is banned in most countries. You must have been a quick learner.
Fair enough. According to you, I must be a totally damaged, unfunctional member of society as a result of my upbringing.

Good for you..... :clap

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Panthera Tigris said:
Fair enough MD. According to you, I must be a totally damaged unfunctional member of society as a result of my upbringing.

Good for you..... :clap

Don't waste your energy PT.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
But according to you, I must be a totally damaged, unfunctional member of society as a result of my upbringing. Afterall the studies tell you that and it's obviously absolute in it's context.

Bow down to the green anarchy where nobody disciplines their kids and they’re free to roam the streets in gangs and commit carjackings, home invasions and other insults to civilised people.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Indeed, my family often stir me about my Scottish heritage correlating with my propensity to be tight with money! I wear it as a badge of honour ;D. My comeback is, I prefer to think of myself as 'savvy' with money.

Talking of society becoming robotic in terms of minding sensitivities. Article today saying words like "ruckman" are to be discouraged and replaced by "ruckperson" as it is offensive to feminist and/or transgender sensibilities.

Seriously it's getting petty and reeks of manufacturing problems that aren't there. Simple solution, if one is watching men's footy, call it a "ruckman", if we're are talking women's footy use the word "ruckwoman". Or admit that there really is no problem at all, as the general term used by most these days is simply, "The Ruck".

Total Tiger said:
Depends on what it is and to whom. Your wife should be complimented hourly about everything from her appearance to intelligence and everything in between. A stranger - if you are equally prepared to pay the same compliment to a man, it should be safe. If you are unlikely to say to a male work colleague that his ass looks good in that suit, don't say it to a female one either.
Would I tell my wife that her arse looks good in that new skirt suit? Absolutely, without question (obviously out of earshot of others, as it's our private business) ;D! A female colleague at work, or a random woman in the street? Ummmm, no way, ever! To me it's always gone without saying that doing that is taboo.

Here's an interesting point though. How would us blokes compliment one of our male mates, who looks sharp in a new suit heading to the races, or a wedding, job interview etc? You might tell him he looks sharp, looks dapper....something like that. You probably wouldn't use the same descriptive words to complement a beautiful, feminine woman in a dress though. A respectful person would likely use something along the lines of stunning, beautiful etc.

You can bet though, that the more militant of the feminist thought police, would no doubt jump on this difference in language, as having underlying, sinister, misogynistic motivations and intent.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Talking of society becoming robotic in terms of minding sensitivities. Article today saying words like "ruckman" are to be discouraged and replaced by "ruckperson" as it is offensive to feminist and/or transgender sensibilities.

It's pretty warped, the way the majority are being told to change in order to accommodate the whims and idiosyncrasies of minorities.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
TigerForce said:
Getting there LTRTR. It's a wonderful world...

Eddie's a Scot himself too isn't he? I've heard the ones of Jews being tight-asses over the years but never the Scots....how did they come into this?

The Scots being thrifty has been around forever mate
a joke about the scots being tight ' he was fighting over a penny with his wife, that's how copper wire was invented
"The Scots have an infallible cure for sea-sickness. They lean over the side of the ship with a ten pence coin in their teeth."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In some Scottish restaurants they heat the knives so you can't use too much butter."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
McTavish broke the habit of a lifetime and bought two tickets for a raffle. One of his tickets won a 1,000 pound prize. He was asked how he felt about his big win. "Disappointed" said McTavish. "My other ticket didn't win anything"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
McDougal walked into a fish and chip shop. "I want 10 pence worth of chips, please. I want lots of salt and vinegar on them and two pence worth of pickled onions. And wrap the whole lot in today's newspaper".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You should be careful about stereotyping the Scots as mean. There was a recent letter to a newspaper from an Aberdonian which said "If you print any more jokes about mean Scotsmen I shall stop borrowing your paper."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you heard the rumour that the Grand Canyon was started by a Scotsman who lost a coin in a ditch?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After discovering that they had won 15 million pounds in the Lottery, Mr and Mrs McFlannel sat down to discuss their future. Mrs McFlannel announced "After twenty years of washing other people's stairs, I can throw my old scrubbing brush away at last." Her husband agreed - "Of course you can, hen. We can easily afford to buy you a new one now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a Christmas present one year, the Laird gave his gamekeeper, MacPhail, a deerstalker hat with ear-flaps. MacPhail was most appreciative and always wore it with the flaps tied under his chin to keep his ears warm in the winter winds. One cold, windy day the Laird noticed he was not wearing the hat.
"Where's the hat?" asked the Laird.
"I've given up wearing it since the accident," replied MacPhail.
"Accident? I didn't know you'd had an accident."
"Yes. A man offered me a nip of whisky and I had the earflaps down and never heard him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scotsmen hate to see waste, no matter where it is. So when Jock saw the Niagara Falls for the first time he said it was a waste of water - and a plumber in Dundee could fix them in half an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Scottish prayer - "Oh Lord, we do not ask you to give us wealth. But show us where it is!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angus called in to see his friend Donald to find he was stripping the wallpaper from the walls. Rather obviously, he remarked "You're decorating, I see." to which Donald replied "Naw. I'm moving house."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When a bus company was prevailed upon to increase the concessionary fare to frequent travellers so that they got six journeys instead of four for a pound, one elderly gentleman, renowned for his frugality, even in a community where frugal folk are common, was still unhappy.
"It's all dam' foolishness," he declared. "Now we've got to walk to town six times instead of four times to save a pound!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you hear about the Scotsman who got caught making nuisance telephone calls? He kept reversing the charges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Australian were in a bar and had just started on a new round of drinks when a fly landed in each glass of beer. The Englishman took his out on the blade of his Swiss Army knife. The Australian blew his away in a cloud of froth. The Scotsman lifted his one up carefully by the wings and held it above his glass. "Go on, spit it oot, ye wee devil" he growled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
McNab had become a bit hard of hearing but he didn't want to pay for a hearing aid. So bought a piece of flex, put one end in his top pocket and the other end in his ear. It didn't help his hearing but he found that people spoke to him more loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
McTavish took his girlfriend out for the evening. They returned to her flat just before midnight and as she kissed him goodnight she said: "Be careful on your way home. I'd hate anyone to rob you of all the money you've saved this evening."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By mistake, Sandy put a 50 pence coin instead of 5 pence on the collection plate at church. Despite his entreaties, the minister refused to give it back to him. So for the next nine weeks, when the plate was passed round, he passed it on saying "Season ticket."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sandy suggested a candlelit dinner last night" Jessie reported to her friend the next day. "That was dead romantic" said her friend. "Not really. It just saved him having to fix the fuse."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jock asked the bus conductor how much it would cost to travel into town. "80 pence" said the conductor. Jock thought this was a bit steep so he decided to run after the bus for a few stops. "How much now?" he asked. "Still 80 pence". Jock ran after the bus for another three stops and, panting, he asked "How much now?" The conductor replied "90 pence. You're running in the wrong direction!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MacDonald was awarded 10,000 pounds for injuries received after a traffic accident and his wife got 2,000 pounds. A friend asked how badly injured his wife had been in the accident. MacDonald replied "Och, she wasn't injured but I had the presence of mind to kick her in the leg before the police arrived."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A visitor to an Aberdeen bar was surprised to find the beer only two pence a pint. The barman explained that it was the price to mark the centenary of the pub opening. The visitor noticed, however, that the bar was empty. "Are the regular customers not enjoying the special prices?" he asked. To which the barman replied "They're waiting for the Happy Hour"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is rumoured that the entire population of Aberdeen took to the streets with an empty glass in their hands when the weather forecaster said there would be a nip in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was understandable scepticism when it was suggested that Napoleon Bonaparte was the grandson of a Scot from Balloch. But now it has been pointed out that there is further proof that Napoleon was indeed Scots - his hand was always under his lapel, to make sure no-one had lifted his wallet...
Probably better in the Jokes thread, but these are some examples
:hihi

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Funny ones Willo. :hihi

I remember hearing some of these during the old cricket days, but I'm sure the Irish were always the ones that copped it most.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
This one isn't a joke - really happened.
Many years ago I was scoring in a cricket match. New bowler comes on.
"Bowler's name?" we shout.
"McIsaac" came the reply.
Some wag in the box said "How would you like to ask him for a quid?"

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
23.21.159 said:
This one isn't a joke - really happened.
Many years ago I was scoring in a cricket match. New bowler comes on.
"Bowler's name?" we shout.
"McIsaac" came the reply.
Some wag in the box said "How would you like to ask him for a quid?"

:D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Goldstein prayed every night "lord can you please help me win the lottery". He prayed every night for ten years. After so many years of praying the lord was fed up and shouted down "Goldstein, if you want to win the lotto you have to buy a ticket".

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Goldstein was on his way home in the back of a cab as they drove past a man robbing an old lady. The taxi driver jumped out to help the old lady. Goldstein wound down his window and shouted "Stop! Stop it! Stop the meter".

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Harry said:
Goldstein was on his way home in the back of a cab as they drove past a man robbing an old lady. The taxi driver jumped out to help the old lady. Goldstein wound down his window and shouted "Stop! Stop it! Stop the meter".

Harry said:
Goldstein prayed every night "lord can you please help me win the lottery". He prayed every night for ten years. After so many years of praying the lord was fed up and shouted down "Goldstein, if you want to win the lotto you have to buy a ticket".

:hihi

Wrong thread Harold. Careful you might hurt someone.