Lowlife of the week award. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lowlife of the week award.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Yes, whatever the motive, it is someone who knows the parents, and knows their movements, where they go camping etc.
Yes, everything about this seems to suggest that this wasn't just some random paedo. Emotively, that is the conclusion everyone seems to jump to when a child goes missing. But compared to other alternatives, a random abduction is actually a very rare occurrence. Particularly from right under the nose of the parents. Sure, Daniel Morecombe and the Beaumont children were randomly abducted by abhorrent child rapist murderers (Daniel Morecombe proven, Beaumont children highly suspected), but again, entirely different circumstances. It was opportunistic when these children were out and about, away from the watchful eye of parents.

More often than not, crimes against children are by people known to the family.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yes, everything about this seems to suggest that this wasn't just some random paedo. Emotively, that is the conclusion everyone seems to jump to when a child goes missing. But compared to other alternatives, a random abduction is actually a very rare occurrence. Particularly from right under the nose of the parents. Sure, Daniel Morecombe and the Beaumont children were randomly abducted by abhorrent child rapist murderers (Daniel Morecombe proven, Beaumont children highly suspected), but again, entirely different circumstances. It was opportunistic when these children were out and about, away from the watchful eye of parents.

More often than not, crimes against children are by people known to the family.
Mmm, appeared she went willingly with someone she knew or had met, and the family only arrived at the campground the previous evening. Police scrutinised the extended family and that might turn out to be the connection.

Edit: Apparently police have said on Perth radio there is no family connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mmm, appeared she went willingly with someone she knew or had met, and the family only arrived at the campground the previous evening. Police scrutinised the extended family and that might turn out to be the connection.
Not sure she went willingly. Her mother gave her a drink of water at 1:30 in the morning, at 6am she was missing. Young children Cleo's age are picked up by their parents while sleeping and very rarely wake up.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Not sure she went willingly. Her mother gave her a drink of water at 1:30 in the morning, at 6am she was missing. Young children Cleo's age are picked up by their parents while sleeping and very rarely wake up.
Good point. I even shuffled my 10YO daughter across beds the other night (after she had climbed into ours). As I was carrying her, she opened her eyes, appeared to be totally conscious, told me "I'm thirsty and tired" and simply closed her eyes and went back off to sleep as I returned her to her own bed. I asked her over breakfast if she remembered us moving her into her own bed and she had no recollection whatsoever. Kids are funny sometimes. :)

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
I get jealous of how well kids sleep. You could have a marching band come through my kids room at 3.00am and they wouldn't wake.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
iu

• Haha

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Another reason not to have a facebook account
Social media is a disgusting, vacuous cesspit. Despite the extra capabilities it has given the world, the negatives far outweigh the positives, for a net negative result.

Completely deranges the collective societal mind.

Not only does it it facilitate a grotesque, narcissistic competition of moral exhibitionism. It has injected steroids into silly little busybody, know-all gossip and Chinese whispers. Completely undermining the institutions we rely on to sustain our society. In this case, undermining Policing and justice. I am too young to remember the actual events around the Azaria Chamberlain disappearance (I was born around the same time as Azaria). But my understanding is that the Chamberlains were subjected to a media and gossip storm of immense scrutiny, rumour and innuendo. I can only imagine how this would have been pumped up beyond comprehension if the deranging effects of social media poured kerosene on that fire.

Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
As much as the reasons keep piling up, I can't bring myself to delete my account as I'd lose touch with too many people. Those bastards have got us hooked!
There is one halfway compromise. You could deactivate your account (rather than actually deleting it) and simply keep the messenger app. Obviously if you delete your account, you cannot keep messenger. But going half way and simply deactivating the account still allows messenger access.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As much as the reasons keep piling up, I can't bring myself to delete my account as I'd lose touch with too many people. Those bastards have got us hooked!
Never been on Facebook, twitter and the like, family and friends are always saying that I should. I'm the opposite to you, I can't bring myself to open an account.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They need to do more than apologise, this sort of sloppy and irresponsible reporting needs consequences. How about $1 million fine or even more
I heard also that there were many social media posts and tweets essentially naming the parents as responsible. This sort of stuff also needs consequences

Reactions: 6 users