Lowlife of the week award. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lowlife of the week award.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Harry said:
Goldstein was on his way home in the back of a cab as they drove past a man robbing an old lady. The taxi driver jumped out to help the old lady. Goldstein wound down his window and shouted "Stop! Stop it! Stop the meter".

:rofl

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Nathan Rodney O'Malley, 40, was sentenced to 11 years' jail on Thursday for the manslaughter of 41-year-old Olivia Tung at an Eight Mile Plains caravan park.

I have a real issue with sentencing in cases like these. Here is a prick who has a history of domestic violence. Here is what the judge said

"This was not the first occasion on which you had inflicted violence on your partner," Justice David Boddice said.
"In my view, your conduct properly is to be described as involving a brutal, unprovoked attack on a slight, vulnerable woman.
"Your actions then demonstrated a complete disregard for her; it also indicated a lack of remorse."

The court was told Ms Tung had lost a significant amount of weight and was seen with bruises on her face prior to her death, which occurred a year after O'Malley was convicted of assaulting a previous partner.

And he gets 11 years, of which he can apply for parole after about 8. So he'll likely get out and do it again.

Why is this bloke going to get another crack at life outside? Should be locked up, not to be released. I would actually have no issues with putting down an animal that behaved like this, why do we treat this animal any differently?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Nathan Rodney O'Malley, 40, was sentenced to 11 years' jail on Thursday for the manslaughter of 41-year-old Olivia Tung at an Eight Mile Plains caravan park.

I have a real issue with sentencing in cases like these. Here is a prick who has a history of domestic violence. Here is what the judge said

"This was not the first occasion on which you had inflicted violence on your partner," Justice David Boddice said.
"In my view, your conduct properly is to be described as involving a brutal, unprovoked attack on a slight, vulnerable woman.
"Your actions then demonstrated a complete disregard for her; it also indicated a lack of remorse."

The court was told Ms Tung had lost a significant amount of weight and was seen with bruises on her face prior to her death, which occurred a year after O'Malley was convicted of assaulting a previous partner.

And he gets 11 years, of which he can apply for parole after about 8. So he'll likely get out and do it again.

Why is this bloke going to get another crack at life outside? Should be locked up, not to be released. I would actually have no issues with putting down an animal that behaved like this, why do we treat this animal any differently?
Yeah, I just don’t get sentencing for the death of another person. Murderers getting 30, 20, 15 year sentences with minimums. Manslaughterers getting 10, 8 year sentences with minimums.

Why murder isn’t automatically “life” is beyond me.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigertim said:
Yeah, I just don’t get sentencing for the death of another person. Murderers getting 30, 20, 15 year sentences with minimums. Manslaughterers getting 10, 8 year sentences with minimums.

Why murder isn’t automatically “life” is beyond me.
In the context of the gender political culture wars we're seeing playing out in the media (very much played out after the Jill Meagher and Eurydice Dixon murders) there's a strange kind of disconnect with all of this too.

If you were to survey the community on crime and sentencing and ask questions on what penalties people would like to see for abhorrent crimes - such as aggravated rapes, aggravated rape-murders, murdering children, men beating women to death, these sorts of things. You'd find the people who would like to see the most heavy handed penalties dished out, would actually be more conservative people - particularly conservative men (perhaps with chivalrous values).

Certainly a man such as Adrian Bayley should never have been out and about, given his previous history of sexual violence towards women. Similar to Nathan O'Malley who has continually shown a tendency of violence towards women. It is simply not safe for the community for these types to be out. Yet it's more progressive folk who have actually contributed most to the leniency such offenders are treated with.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
How's that global craze of driving into pedestrians going.....what a fad. Another loonie, this time in China killing 9.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Panthera Tigris said:
In the context of the gender political culture wars we're seeing playing out in the media (very much played out after the Jill Meagher and Eurydice Dixon murders) there's a strange kind of disconnect with all of this too.

If you were to survey the community on crime and sentencing and ask questions on what penalties people would like to see for abhorrent crimes - such as aggravated rapes, aggravated rape-murders, murdering children, men beating women to death, these sorts of things. You'd find the people who would like to see the most heavy handed penalties dished out, would actually be more conservative people - particularly conservative men (perhaps with chivalrous values).

Certainly a man such as Adrian Bayley should never have been out and about, given his previous history of sexual violence towards women. Similar to Nathan O'Malley who has continually shown a tendency of violence towards women. It is simply not safe for the community for these types to be out. Yet it's more progressive folk who have actually contributed most to the leniency such offenders are treated with.

Can you flesh that out PT? The most common actual research I hear about had most people ending up at similar or lighter sentences when given all the same data as the judges/juries.

Not sure there is any evidence of a real increase in leniency but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
KnightersRevenge said:
Can you flesh that out PT? The most common actual research I hear about had most people ending up at similar or lighter sentences when given all the same data as the judges/juries.

Not sure there is any evidence of a real increase in leniency but I am happy to be proved wrong.
Depends what time period you're speaking in the context of. For instance - going to the absolute extreme - 60-70 years ago you'd have been hung for the most abhorrent crimes.

Truth be known, probably some decent, unofficial touch ups at the Police station too were dished out to these types of offenders. Society was indeed much harsher and brutal on them. Another example, it was (unofficially) accepted for prison guards to collude with prisoners to make sure these most despised prisoners received a decent dose of prison yard justice. A very different world.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
KnightersRevenge said:

Yeah, this “research” judges and magistrates etc spout when justifying their sentencing has become almost mythical.

Anyone, using the excuse “well, our research shows Joe Average would issue the same sentence” is inane. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Besides, from the “research” I know of the public expect harsher sentencing than what’s usually issued.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Lowlife James Gargasoulas found guilty. You’d think he,ll get life when sentenced but will probably be 30 years or something like that.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Lowlife James Gargasoulas found guilty. You’d think he,ll get life when sentenced but will probably be 30 years or something like that.

Doesn't matter. He'll be out in 5 for good behaviour. Just heard one of the Bali 9's gonna be released next week (7 years earlier) for the same reason.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:

He'll be like Julian Knight and John Lennon's killer, they'll find reasons to keep him locked up. Rightly so.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Ah our p!ssweak justice system strikes again. Useless as a *smile* flavoured lollipop at a lesbian convention!

Anthony Sampieri - the dirty, perverted prick accused of forcibly sexually assaulting a 7yo little girl at a Kogarah dance studio in Sydney, and then attacking a man that came to her aid, with a knife. He was out on parole for previous violent sexual assaults he had been jailed for. And in recent weeks, had allegedly been threatening and aggressively sexually harassing a range of women in the lead up to this week’s events.

How are people like this even out?

Tell you what. If it was someone close to me that he assaulted, a brown paper bag would change hands to ensure he didn’t make it out of the slammer unscathed. Apparently after stabbing the gentleman that came to the young girl’s aid, he was knocked out cold by another man, who is a former amateur boxer. Shame a prick like this didn’t fall and hit his head on the ground, causing permanent incapacity or death, when he was punched.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Panthera Tigris said:
Ah our p!ssweak justice system strikes again. Useless as a a *smile* flavoured lollipop at a lesbian convention!

Anthony Sampieri - the dirty, perverted prick accused of forcibly sexually assaulting a 7yo little girl at a Kogarah dance studio, and then attacking a man that came to her aid, with a knife. He was out on parole for previous violent sexual assaults he had been jailed for. And in recent weeks, had allegedly been sexually harassing a range of women in the lead up to this week’s events.

How are people like this even out?

Tell you what. If it was someone close to me that he assaulted, a brown paper bag would change hands to ensure he didn’t make it out of the slammer unscathed. Apparently after stabbing the gentleman that came to the young girl’s aid, he was knocked out cold by another man, who is a former amateur boxer. Shame a prick like this didn’t fall and hit his head on the ground, causing permanent incapacity or death, when he was punched.

Snap. Unfortunately he will be back on the streets in less than 5.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/courts-law/alleged-queensland-child-abductor-faces-court/news-story/5d0d99cd346fd97429377a29a2bad76e

This one in the northern suburbs of Brisbane this week is horrific. I think the thing that sends a chill up all parent's spines (certainly mine) is how it seemed to happen so easily. How easily a predator like this coaxed a child away from her mother who was only metres away. I have a daughter the same age (7yo). On the weekend I was pretty much doing the same thing with her. We were down at our local crowded Kmart and Big W stores doing Christmas shopping.

Word has it, that the accused had a history of complaints against him for sexual assaults on young girls. Even made it to court on one occasion, but he got off without a successful conviction. Reading between the lines, it didn't take Police long at all to figure out exactly who they were after. Once they had examined shopping centre CCTV footage, I'm sure the first elementary port of call was to match his image to known and/or suspected child molesters (convicted or otherwise) who live in the area. His track record would have come to their attention right away.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Beside the obvious this week , Rhys Palmer has to be up there for *smile* of the week for throwing his shoes at the horses in a trotting race , what a dead set flog

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
Beside the obvious this week , Rhys Palmer has to be up there for *smile*wit of the week for throwing his shoes at the horses in a trotting race , what a dead set flog
Yeah, wasn’t he the one bagging Carlton for its lack of “culture”?