Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Unless you have access to the players GPS data you have no real idea of intensity of the training. Last year lots of shuttle runs. This year this non-stop surge/circle work where it is very noticeable that a large cohort of players that are doing length of the ground run-throughs. I actually sense that the intensity is up this year. Sessions are longer and the drills are all about longer/more intense effort.

@caesar Feel free to disagree or correct my thoughts.

Reactions: 5 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It's a very fine line between peaking when you need late in the season and being fit enough to win enough early season games to keep you in the hunt. It's especially difficult this year given our tough first six games.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's an interesting point you make, up until a couple of weeks ago we hadn't done any match sim at all, it was all about running (according to Caesars reports). IMO despite having a longer break last yr we didn't get the summer right as we were getting overrun in games early in the season & had guys who kept getting re-injured when they came back from a lay off. It's good they are doing it different this time around & it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
I dont know that some of our late game f ups showed a lack of fitness, or just whether we were mistake prone last year. from memory there was a stat at one stage showing our last quarters were ok, we just panicked at a few notable times.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Unless you have access to the players GPS data you have no real idea of intensity of the training. Last year lots of shuttle runs. This year this non-stop surge/circle work where it is very noticeable that a large cohort of players that are doing length of the ground run-throughs. I actually sense that the intensity is up this year. Sessions are longer and the drills are all about longer/more intense effort.

@caesar Feel free to disagree or correct my thoughts.
From my limited viewing I concur HK

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I dont know that some of our late game f ups showed a lack of fitness, or just whether we were mistake prone last year. from memory there was a stat at one stage showing our last quarters were ok, we just panicked at a few notable times.
Early on our last 1/4 win/loss record was horrific. We were getting overrun bigtime

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Lynch and now Nank out for some time + many others before. This bloke needs to explain what the hell is going on. It's either he's failing or there's something we don't know from previous coach/conditioning team.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
So, do we kick Luke to the curb or give him chance to get things right?

We accept mistakes from players and coaches, why not conditioning staff too?

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
So, do we kick Luke to the curb or give him chance to get things right?

We accept mistakes from players and coaches, why not conditioning staff too?
Not sure how impact injuries are the Strength and Conditioning Coach’s fault? Why do you blokes have to blame someone?

Reactions: 8 users