Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I would consider the conditioning person responsible for the Lions.

Not many injuries.

Seem to get their players right before bringing them in.

Thoughts people?
What they did one year to get Harris Andrews up for a final after what was seemingly a long term injury was quite remarkable. From memory it was a severe hamstring injury probably similar to Gibcus (he couldn't have been out for more than a month). He hasn't had any problems since and as you say their record has been top notch for the last few seasons at least.

Players who have been plagued with injuries (Daniher, Birchall, Cockatoo, somewhat Hodge/Gunston, etc) have known well moving up there prolongs their career.

Their dynasty years were obviously good years on that front, the warm weather must play a part.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What they did one year to get Harris Andrews up for a final after what was seemingly a long term injury was quite remarkable. From memory it was a severe hamstring injury probably similar to Gibcus (he couldn't have been out for more than a month). He hasn't had any problems since and as you say their record has been top notch for the last few seasons at least.

Players who have been plagued with injuries (Daniher, Birchall, Cockatoo, somewhat Hodge/Gunston, etc) have known well moving up there prolongs their career.

Their dynasty years were obviously good years on that front, the warm weather must play a part.
Exactly Toothless.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tom Lynch back in a moonboot! Was meant to start running again on the alter G this week and Kaleb Smith out for the year.

HTF has Meehan not be moved on yet?

The evidence of incompetence grows every day.
Did he come out of the Moon boot?

Maybe with Dimma resigning we aren't doing a kamikaze push for finals anymore. I'd hazard a guess part of problems have been trying to get people back so the season doesn't slip away. Educated risk taking if you will. It's probably worked in sessions past, but backfired badly this year.

Now with a new coach, we can re-set expectations. We're behind the 8 ball, new interim coach. We might steal a spot, but if we miss, it's to be expected. We can afford to rest players longer now.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Can we cut these people now?
Yes I know. We must pay them out.
So the alternative is to allow the list to be decimated to season's end.
Putting us further behind for next year in terms of end of season ops and modified pre seasons.
Just shouldn't be happening in this day and age!
Where's the accountability/solution?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Even if Meehan was responsible for our injury woes, and that’s a big if, why get rid of him? Why not give him another chance to get things right? We give players another chance to atone for their mistakes every week. We gave Hardwick another chance after the debacle of 2016. Why not Meehan?

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Even if Meehan was responsible for our injury woes, and that’s a big if, why get rid of him? Why not give him another chance to get things right? We give players another chance to atone for their mistakes every week. We gave Hardwick another chance after the debacle of 2016. Why not Meehan?
This issue is not just this season it's been happening last 3 seasons and he was under the bloke who left.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I hear you TimFleming.
Wish I had the magic answer.
Gets really frustrating seeing the other clubs manage their issues.
Gawn looked like he did a knee. Back in 3 weeks.
Our guys return dates just blow out the other way. 3 to 5 becomes 8 to 11 and so on.
Has anyone come back early and stayed out there?
Henry had similar issue to Tom I believe. He only just resumed playing. He wasn't rushed back.
We gambled on Tom, and failed.
Having the slowest healers on Planet Earth certainly not the fault of the conditioning crew.
Just really frustrating.
Maybe they can get it right next year.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
This issue is not just this season it's been happening last 3 seasons and he was under the bloke who left.
And when he took over this year there has been no sign of form to find any base to see potential for improvement, just poor decisions made and bad news each week.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

Not saying Meehan et.al are at fault but...

If you had a plumber head around to your place to fix a gas leak, but in the process of trying to do so caused half your house to blow up, would you invite them back to try again?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
What’s happened to the weekly injury report videos? No transparency at the moment. Clubs shitting me tbh.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
What’s happened to the weekly injury report videos? No transparency at the moment. Clubs shitting me tbh.

I think the club has read the tea leaves or this thread and decided its best if Luke takes a back seat for the rest of the year.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Considering this site and the other which can’t be mentioned both not very enthusiastic about Meehan’s performance or future employment and the fact the club monitors both very closely it’s no surprise he’s gone to ground.