Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
3 soft tissue injuries in the past week

- grigg hamstring
- prestia calf
- drummond hamstring

is their magic waning...

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ice said:
3 soft tissue injuries in the past week

- grigg hamstring
- prestia calf
- drummond hamstring

is their magic waning...

Probably a bit early to say, soft tissue injuries are quite common with players coming back from knee reconstructions and Prestia is injury prone. The next couple of months will tell.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I think the Tigers are disseminating some disinformation.
Caddy surely did not have a hamstring if he was out 1 week. Similarly Grigg may be just being rested. Cotch was not really out with injury and if it was an important game he would have played. Prestia had ice on his calf for about 10 minutes then was suited up with boots on and ready to come back on if needed - but he wasn't needed. He was also not limping at any time. The replay showed him being accidentally kicked in the calf which I think was the issue (or non-issue).
I think Dimma is passing out some information about injuries that really are not injuries.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Burge and his staff have a little bit on their plate at the moment what with a few players carrying some significant injuries and some players carrying niggles (which is to be expected after a long season).
Really need Lambert to be up and ready, and his mate Butler ready for the finals would also be very handy.
The performance and conditioning staff seem to have done a sterling job in recent times so I am going to trust that they will be working really hard and really smart to have the players in the best possible condition going into September.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Bullarto Tiger said:
Burge and his staff have a little bit on their plate at the moment what with a few players carrying some significant injuries and some players carrying niggles (which is to be expected after a long season).
Really need Lambert to be up and ready, and his mate Butler ready for the finals would also be very handy.
The performance and conditioning staff seem to have done a sterling job in recent times so I am going to trust that they will be working really hard and really smart to have the players in the best possible condition going into September.

The Captain's Run is a bit of hit-and-giggle ans probably doesn't tell us much about what is going on. I wonder if they have been in heavy training this week? It may explain the resting of Prestia and Cotch. And someone else might yet drop out too.

Training gurus?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We're preparing for the finals. No doubt if we were in the finals now our injury list would be a lot smaller

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Bullarto Tiger said:
They must have made a bad call with Butler he played on in that game and may now cost him a final series.
Now surgery, he is our forward missing link he makes others play better.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
On the last 2 years performances nobody could really question Burge and the conditioning team.

I have full faith in them, they know what the go is!

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
The conditioning team made 2 bad calls .
Butler to play out the game and Lambert too...

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
gutfull said:

That's one way of looking at it. The other is the two boys downplayed their injuries because they wanted to keep playing, like most professional sportspeople do.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
gutfull said:
Cotchin going to GC might be another. All easy with hindsight but if he was remotely sore he should’ve been on the couch next to Nank.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Conditioning staff are paid way to much to listen to footballers their job is to decide who playsweek in week out and to CALL it when tbey feel a player might further damage what might be already minor.....

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Should Conca be playing? Is he recovered from that other ankle injury enough to play after a week?

Or is he dispensable if he goes down again? Should be Miles ... assuming he is fit.

But, still, I trust Burge and team.